FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Today at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#152233 - 06/03/05 02:00 PM The Green Dragon Society Website
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
I'll repost here so that I don't hijack the other thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chitaochuan
Go to www.greendragonsociety.com it gives a good description of chi tao chuan gung fu

I don't mean to start a flame war but...

I reviewed the site and found it very similar to a lot of the neo-ninja sites that had popped up over the last few years, but this one has a chinese flavor.

"Blood Matches" and making it to the "Third Circle" (you have 24 hrs to complete this and may try as many times as you wish as long as you can stand and defend yourself) left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Of couse the site states that chi tao quan is the fastest, bestest and deadliest of all gungfu styles. There are stories that can't be verified and no real concrete infomation, traceable lineages or even a technique or two to take a look at (I presume that this is because they are all too deadly to show to the general public). There's a lot of talk of 'father' to 'son' transmission and sacrificing all for the 'masters', long 'probationary' periods where you must apparently scrape and grovel just to get the oppertunity to become a student. Oy yes, and lest I forget much more scraping and groveling to be done before you are allowed to learn the secret 'internal' styles (another bad sign).

Now remember chitaochuan this is not an attack on you personally, but rather a critique of the information and content of the website that you invited us to view. Good gungfu (as well as bad) can be found all over the U.S. today with little effort and there are some very exceptional internal teachers here as well (Lou De Xiu, Ken Fish, Vince Black, Ed Hampton, Mike Sigman and on and on).

I admit I know nothing of the style of chi tao chuan, but I a bit disturbed by all of the hype of the website. Many of the same claims were made in years past(and still active in small dark places around the country) by the Chung Moo Doe crowd(cult). It would be great if you (chitaochuan) could enlighten us a bit more about the training methods and possibly a little lineage of the Green Dragon Society!

Kempo(spoiling for a good debate)man

#152234 - 06/03/05 02:01 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Kempoman]
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Quote:

from the website greendragonsociety.com
Chi Tao is the name of an art like Gung-Fu which was modernized and refined by the late Grandmaster Ho, who killed his foe in mortal combat numerous times in his youth

Well, it is getting better all the time!

#152235 - 06/03/05 02:19 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Kempoman]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
How can you kill somebody multiple times?

#152236 - 06/03/05 02:53 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Kempoman]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Hoo boy.....buckets of BS on that site.

Break bricks with your fingers? Hit coins 3 times before they hit the ground, blindfolded?

Oy.

#152237 - 06/03/05 03:25 PM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: MattJ]
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Some excerpts (with comments, I can't stop myself)

Quote:

This system teaches one to fight like a Tiger, Leopard, Panther, Crane, Praying Mantis, Eagle, Black Cobra, Wild Boar Spirit-Arts.

Oookaaaayy

Quote:

These are not like the Shaolin (Buddhist System) but like the Taoist, and do not teach imitations of Animal Weapons, such as mere holding of Tiger Claws, etc. The Animals are not for developing Bones, Muscles, etc....

Really, I'm sure that comes as a suprise to a great many people.

Quote:

But through secret Meditation Techniques, the Spirit of the Actual Animal Fills the Mind of the student so He becomes... the Animal itself, in Strength, Action, Thinking, and Spirit.

You might want to take some paxil for that...

Quote:

This is highly dangerous

Well, at least we agree on something.

Quote:

and only this society traditionally teaches the Eight Animal (8 lower Trigrams) System.

And thank god for that.

Quote:

The goal of all of these Animals is to become the Tiger-Spirit of the Animal they study (including the Tiger who must "face" himself). Then they become a dragon (master). There are higher and lower types of Dragons (Masters). However, the Eight Animals are all born of the Womb of Woman; the Dragon is born in Heaven, that is to say, Man gives birth to a Dragon in himself

Hunh?

Quote:

Most Ranks are not for Forms or Diplomas. They are "Commissions" to execute Power, Command, Authority in the Name and Reputation of your Society and Master, and if withdrawn from you, then you have no rank.

I'm thinking of a word that rhyme's with 'ult'.

And of course the best for last...

Quote:

Successful completion of the ITP is by participating in our secret (closed door) Blood Matches which are exclusive to Chi Tao Chuan Gung-Fu for the Instructor Certificate of Rank to be awarded.

Riiiggghhttt...

Quote:

However, one may face the Trials of the Three Circles of Combat for the same Certificate. If you elect the "Trials," you have from midnight to dawn to enter the Third Inner Circle; you can try as many times as you like, as long as you are able to get up and defend yourself.

Is there alcohol involved?

Now, I am just having some fun here but there does seem to be a very high level of sillyness to the content of this website.

I have also googled for Grandmaster Ho and Master Tien Chi something-or-other and the only references are on the webpage itself. Now this does not necessarily mean that this is some sort of made up style with no actual lineage to a valid line of gungfu but it ain't helpin' the case either.

A point in their favor is that they at least are advertising that they will be conducting a few seminar's of taijiquan, xingyiquan and baguazhang with mysterious masters from china. Odd that the names of the masters (Yang and Gao) are very famous names of older (and deceased in the case of Gao) internal teachers of these arts.

ie Yang taijiquan and Gao style Baguazhang. Weird.

I would welcome anyone from the website or green dragon society to come by and give us some learnin' about your system and teachers. Otherwise you may be subjected to more of my indellible wit and sarcasm.

Kempo(using the power of the geko)man

#152238 - 06/04/05 01:24 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Kempoman]
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Who said Dux had a monopoly? Anyone can participate in SECRET matches to prove their greatness. Just ask Soto.

#152239 - 06/04/05 05:21 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Kempoman]
ShaolinChaunFa Offline

Loc: Hull, ENGLAND
LOL....Kempoman has such a way of getting his point across!

#152240 - 06/09/05 07:05 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: Kempoman]
BuDoc Offline
The doctor will see you now

Loc: USA and Abroad
Kman, I really enjoy watching you work!

One caveate. Don't underestimate the power of the Wild-Boar spirit art. It has taken me many years, and many Chinese Buffets to perfect. I suggest you try it before you knock it.

The rewards are great. Even if you don't reach the mastery of the 3rd level, the General Tso's Chicken and Crab Rangoon will satisfy you for a lifetime.

Page

#152241 - 06/10/05 12:18 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: BuDoc]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
K, I don't think there can be much of a flame war.How could someone possibly defend that? It's the funniest bunch of bs i've read since comrac bas!

#152242 - 06/16/05 12:21 AM Re: The Green Dragon Society Website [Re: SANCHIN31]
chitaochuan Offline
Stranger

I won't start a argument on this forum with someone as smart as KEMPOMAN.Yes there are blood matches. No GREEN DRAGON SOCIETY is not a cult. NO you don't have to beg or grovel for instruction. KEMPOMAM you insult me and my art and then you want me to explain it to you.You have it all analized and you are free to belive what you want.Oh SANCHIN31 maybe you should reread that funny bs again seeing you got your ass whipped with the system you study.

Have a nice day

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Cord, Gavin, JasonM, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga