FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 9
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
VDJ 2
FrankyFruits 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#149818 - 09/01/05 02:30 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Kamiccolo Offline

Loc: canada
After this I really think I should shut up, because I’m not allowing other members to talk about their own stories. I think being selfish is one of the rudest things someone can do.

Why is it that after all this hard-talk, all this preparation and all this determination, this phrase:
Quote:

After all, he got sprayed with juice, this insult must be washed in blood.

Makes me feel like the bad guy?

Reverse psychology? I must also be weak mentally.
What do I do now? I feel as though all my efforts have become as strong as damp bread
Why did you have to crush my determination rideonlythelabel?(rather odd name)
What did I have left but which was that I held onto; revenge. Even though it sounds like peer-pressure about now, what will my fellow associates say when I arrive only to let them know we’ll let him be? How will I be certain that he will not continue to be as fool hardy as he is, how can anyone promise me that as righteously as I have been corrected on my judgements he will also change? Some body please Enlighten me…
Not to sound as if I can see into the future myself, but I trust this kid as much as you could trust a swarm of locust not to feast upon the corn in a field.

Obviously, I won’t deny it; this was childish retaliation in the worst way possible. Unfortunately, like a spot of permanent ink on a brand new white shirt I feel tarnished. Is all that I have worked for nothing, is there no logic to the definition of the word honour, were Samurai fools themselves? Is anyone who wished to balance the equation of life in which every action has an equal and opposite reaction a childish youth?

To upraise you’re spirits before I leave this post which is rather bland and morbid, allow me to tell you something which now seems rather foolish. Before the fight I had bought a tight form fitting white shirt from a local shop, I wrote the Chinese calligraphic symbol for “power/strength” on the back of it, I was going to fling my school shirt off, with my back facing my opponent, I’d whisper “ Revenge is Power.” Then get into an intimidating stance. (Don’t take this too seriously)

#149819 - 09/01/05 05:40 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Kamiccolo,

Your style of prose and vocabulary are very good for a fairly young chap, this would indicate to me that you are not without intelligence.

In answer to your questions, quite frankly the black and white 'eye for an eye' ethos is always appealing, but you must temper it with your own moral judgement before acting.

If this guy attacks you physicaly, then defending yourself is reasonable action that few would be able to criticise, but to plan a pre-meditated attack to be launched by a group on one ususpecting victim is cowardly and deeply wrong no matter what the targets transgressions.

If this kid has made forcefull sexual advances to a girl, then the best thing for you to do is to encourage that girl to come forward and inform the school authorities. For your advice to be taken seriously, you must prove yourself to be a sensible person with sound judgement. Acting out overly dramatic revenge plots does nothing to boost your reputation as a sensible human being.

If you go ahead with your plot to ambush your friend (you described him as such in a previous post), not only will you be displaying the flaws in character that you are angry exist in your target, but there is no guarantee that it will change him for the better.
What happens when he heals and continues to behave badly? do you increase the ferocity of your attacks? Do you kill him? This is a ridiculous outcome for any altercation, let alone something as trivial as a school feud.

Rise above this boy, use your brain to get him punished by recognised chanels, not your fists to teach him a lesson he may not hear.

#149820 - 06/17/07 06:26 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
musicalmike235 Offline

God I hate school admins. They are such [censored].

#149821 - 06/18/07 10:59 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Fairfax, VA
Quote:

His only current friend, believe it or not is me and a friend of mine, and WE both intend to set a beating on him when he's unsuspecting....

...He now is accompanied by a group of imbeciles who not only further increase his massive ego, but oppose of it, so they're just hypocrites with nothing better to do...

So which is it? No friends but you or a group of friends? Or, mayhaps, are you calling yourself part of a group of imbeciles?

Best,
Jim

#149822 - 06/19/07 03:26 PM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
Sounds to me, from your own words, that you got the a$$whupping you needed and deserved.
The sad thing is that you intellectually grasped the lesson ("You Start the Fight. You Lose the Fight.”) but refuse to learn it. Sadder still is people like Cord taking the time to try and make you realize how wrong you were and are, and you having walled off your brain so that nothing gets through. Do something about that, because you never know if Lesson 2 is going to be more painful still.
On another note, you've seriously underestimated most of the people on these forums if you expected simpathy when you posted. You might bear that in mind in future.

#149823 - 06/19/07 11:19 PM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: MAGon]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
I don't think the original poster will reply. Seeing as this whole thread was way back in the 05', and this is the second half of 07'.

-Taison out

#149824 - 06/20/07 08:22 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Taison]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
True, but others read this too. You did.

MAGon out!

#149825 - 06/20/07 08:38 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Taison]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
He better not! Having 2 accounts is the quick way to get banned.

Actually, Sanchin31 went through several name changes. His current one is BrianS.

Quote:

I don't think the original poster will reply. Seeing as this whole thread was way back in the 05', and this is the second half of 07'.

-Taison out

#149826 - 06/22/07 01:26 PM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: harlan]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Actually, I went through one name change. From sanchin31 to myself. Mostly as a sign of putting on new skin after battling cancer.
I notified admin before doing so as well.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga