FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
AndyLA 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
Matakiant 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
Recent Posts
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by cxt
10/10/14 10:08 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432509 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#149798 - 07/27/05 02:56 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I passed over this post back in May thinking ... high school fight ... grow up already, nobody wants to hear about this stuff. Now I see it is brought up again and now I look at the original posters name and low and hold it is our good buddy SANCHIN31. So of course I have to look at it because I respect the guy rather then some punk coming on here bragging about how he kicked somebody's butt.

Some funny things here. Rulers ... yah I remember those days. Late 70's and early 80's ... had a few of these over the back of my hands. Even had a substitute teacher back in grade 6 (1980 I believe) that broke a yard stick over my head and my friend Neil's head for talking. Good old Mrs. Ray.

You're right Kintama, when we fought and said we were going to kill the other person it wasn't meant literally. Even today when I think I'd like to kill somebody it still isn't. Not to mention when we fought it was strictly punching and wrestling. Never had to worry about weapons or somebody kicking you. And if anybody bragged they did Karate, Judo or Kung Fu we'd have just beat the heck out of them and leave them crying on the playground field. Never even heard of Taekwondo, Jujitsu, etc.

Things have come a long way and I'm not even that old.

#149799 - 07/27/05 06:12 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: JoelM]
Intrepidinv1 Offline

Loc: NC, USA
I really wasn't looking for it but when I found it, I couldn't resist. Sorry Sanchin, we are trying to do better, aren't we?

#149800 - 07/27/05 09:42 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Intrepidinv1]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
I think we're doing fine now. After all what was so tough about it? It was all true and I don't think it made me look big and bad at all.

#149801 - 07/28/05 12:21 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
Intrepidinv1 Offline

It's fine but you (at first) were so hard on me for telling war stories, I couldn't help be get tickled when I saw one of your own. Personally, I like (true)war stories. I think they're very beneficial as a learning tool.

#149802 - 07/28/05 12:28 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
Kepi Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Guess Ill tell about my first HS fight. Well I was playing cricket with a bunch of guys and we were taking turns to bat. Anyway this guy comes along who apparently owned the bat. I dont have a clue what his problem was with me but he told me basicly to **** off. I ignored him and continued to wait for my turn to bat. Just before I get up to bat he says that if I touch the bat hes hes gona smash me. So being a teenage guy I walk up to the bat and pick it up slowly while looking him in the eye. Lol, he promptly walked over to me and planted a nice hook on my jaw. The problem was that he was a lot shorter than me. I grabbed his collar and held him at a distance while he swung away, which I would have continued doing. He then managed to plant a punch right between the legs........yup. Well that was it for me, I pummeled him with everything I had. I won pretty convincingly. As all the guys broke up the fight and started congratulating me I started to cry. I felt really bad about doing that to him. I would have thought I'd be proud, or satisfied, I was sad.

This was pre MAs

Edited by Kepi (07/28/05 12:29 PM)

#149803 - 07/28/05 12:55 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Kepi]
Intrepidinv1 Offline

When I was real young, before I started taking martial arts I would get very scared about fighting. I got in some situations, I was a very skinny kid. That kind of stuff made me cry to, not because I felt bad but because I think I was terrified.

I was humilated one time by a girl that I called a bad name. I stayed in my room for several days. On another occasion I was being threatened by a bully. He said that he was going to get me on the bus. So I called my mom and begged her to come get me and she agreed. The principal wasn't to happy about that and said, "what are you going to do tommorow." I guess in a way he was advocating that I stand up for myself then but I was a scared little kid. I see that guy now and I know I could trash him but we just laugh about it now.

#149804 - 08/04/05 05:41 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Intrepidinv1]
hugo Offline
Elvis Sharkey

Loc: I am not going to specify that...
Last time I got into a fight was in gym and I tackled the guy into a wall threw him down and held him up. He said he kicked my ass but I just waited ansd he ran away.

#149805 - 08/04/05 06:03 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: hugo]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
hugo,
Thanks for the pm. Nice way to introduce yourself kid-o.

#149806 - 08/20/05 03:36 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
AkhilleusWeeps Offline

Loc: Tx
Quote:

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd share with you my experience in self-defense just shortly after I started karate.
It was 1991, I was in 11th grade at Northside H.S. in Ft.Smith AR.
It started with me walking down the hall and accidentally bumping into a known 'gang member'. I apologized,but he wanted to fight. I said sorry and walked off with him still talking tough.
The next day my locker door was broken off the hinges and my leather jacket and tape player/tapes were missing.The 'gang leader' moron stopped me in the hall later,told me heard what happened and wanted to know what I was going to do about it.I told him the principal knew about it and walked off.Then even later I was shoved under the back stairwell and again challenged by several of the 'gang'.Noone hit me,they just got in my face and talked trash.These intimidation tactics went on for the next week or so.Then I saw one of the gang members wearing my jacket!!
I followed him outside and helped him out of it with the use of a good privacy fence surrounding the heat/cool system.Suddenly I was yanked off him by our very large vice principal.I explained the situation,but the guy said his mom bought him the jacket for christmas.Somehow he couldn't explain why my initials were on the inside cuffs and inside pocket,so he changed his story to "I found it in the gym".
The next day I was at my locker when I was shoved from behind.I turned around to face about 6-8 of these idiots.Two of them showed me weapons (knives and small gun).
They tried to force me through the doors leading outside next to the lockers,but I broke free and ran to my car.I drove straight to my dad's job and told him what happened.
The 'gang leader' idiot was still in prison the last I heard for extra curricular activities after he dropped out.One ended up being a rapist and I don't know about the rest.Hopefully they straightened up.
I think this experience taught me avoidance and awareness.Looking back there's alot of things I would do different,but I did pretty good for a 17yr old.
Thanks for reading my boring story! You may now comment on what you would have done,how lame it is,or whatever!

p.s. These guys weren't actualy an organized gang,they just labeled themselves that to appear dangerous.

I always find it a bit unnerving when people pose questions like "what would you do if 5 people" or "what technique would work against a 250lb fat muscle man if i'm 110lb's and 5'4" the unversal answer is ofcourse, RUN! Looks like you made the right choice! Kudos.

#149807 - 08/22/05 03:12 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
GojuRyuboy13 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: U.S. of A.
Well when I was in HS I never got in a fight. Just lucky I geuss, I have no idea how I would fair in a fight, as long as there is no weapon I could care less. A lot of people carry knifes though so that is one reason to avoid them. Besides the fact that most people I know carry knifes some might even have something else.

Anyway, I remember in some of my classes there were atleast one guy that would have a problem with me, He would try to get a rise out of me but I am way too calm and quiet for that.

One incident was at a skatepark when I used to rollerskate and skateboard, I don't anymore. One rollerskater didn't like the fact that I had switched around and kept challenging me to fight. He and his little buddy standing there in there pads and rollerskates, kept say "come on fight me" "what are you scared" bla bla bla.......

I just simply responded "no I don't want to fight you" "no I am not scared" The guy was rather bigger than me and I had heard about some other fights he had been in. So, in a way you could say I was scared. I was more scared of his revenge if I had won, which I probably would have. He was at a considerable disadvantage wearing skates and pads, and I was in normal street clothes and shoes.

He eventully called me a wuss and skated off. During the whole time I stayed sitting, I don't know if this was a good idea or not, but I figured if I stood up, that would be a difinite sign of aggression that he would react too. I also didn't want to break my skateboard over his face.

Later on in the years I met up with him again at my friends house, and we were cool to each other. meh, whatever

A lot of people knew of me, and basicully understood that I was a cool guy that would help them out with things. I wouldn't ever screw anybody and was never a prick. I think that is one of the reasons I never got a lot of crap from people. Also, I probably seemed like a Columbine type, that you wouldn't want to anger , Thankfully I would never do anything like that

sorry the stupid reply is so long, thanks for taking the time to read it.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga