FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#149768 - 05/26/05 07:17 PM Details on my most recent H.S. fight
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd share with you my experience in self-defense just shortly after I started karate.
It was 1991, I was in 11th grade at Northside H.S. in Ft.Smith AR.
It started with me walking down the hall and accidentally bumping into a known 'gang member'. I apologized,but he wanted to fight. I said sorry and walked off with him still talking tough.
The next day my locker door was broken off the hinges and my leather jacket and tape player/tapes were missing.The 'gang leader' moron stopped me in the hall later,told me heard what happened and wanted to know what I was going to do about it.I told him the principal knew about it and walked off.Then even later I was shoved under the back stairwell and again challenged by several of the 'gang'.Noone hit me,they just got in my face and talked trash.These intimidation tactics went on for the next week or so.Then I saw one of the gang members wearing my jacket!!
I followed him outside and helped him out of it with the use of a good privacy fence surrounding the heat/cool system.Suddenly I was yanked off him by our very large vice principal.I explained the situation,but the guy said his mom bought him the jacket for christmas.Somehow he couldn't explain why my initials were on the inside cuffs and inside pocket,so he changed his story to "I found it in the gym".
The next day I was at my locker when I was shoved from behind.I turned around to face about 6-8 of these idiots.Two of them showed me weapons (knives and small gun).
They tried to force me through the doors leading outside next to the lockers,but I broke free and ran to my car.I drove straight to my dad's job and told him what happened.
The 'gang leader' idiot was still in prison the last I heard for extra curricular activities after he dropped out.One ended up being a rapist and I don't know about the rest.Hopefully they straightened up.
I think this experience taught me avoidance and awareness.Looking back there's alot of things I would do different,but I did pretty good for a 17yr old.
Thanks for reading my boring story! You may now comment on what you would have done,how lame it is,or whatever!

p.s. These guys weren't actualy an organized gang,they just labeled themselves that to appear dangerous.

#149769 - 05/26/05 08:51 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Massachusetts
You made it out of H.S. alive and not in jail, so you did the right things at the right time.

#149770 - 05/26/05 10:00 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

As they say, "living well is the best revenge". Sometimes just living is. Alot of guys I grew up with ended up in jail. One guy and two of his freinds put a good beat down on me. A few years later I'm out of school, making a fine living as an artist, beautiful wife, three great kids and a house with a Dojo.

The 3 ? two in prison, 1 bit off a guys ear, the third died on the floor of a PayLess shoe store after being shot by police while robbing it.

I would like to think that they could have made different choices.

#149771 - 05/27/05 12:33 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: oldman]
Strider_Hanzo Offline

Loc: Norwalk, CA 90650
Oh wow oldman i didn't know you went to high school with Mike Tyson

in regards to Sanchin31's post wow high school guys were tougher back then...I guess with the whole Columbine deal kids are afraid of messing with the wrong "outcast". I remember i had just started taking TKD in high school. You know i was feeling pretty arrogant and unstoppable(how dumb now that i think about it) but nonetheless still with a sound mind. Some guys in P.E. class approached me when i was getting a drink of water and wanted me to fight this little pug faced guy. I was sure i could beat his ass... and i'm still kinda sure now... he really was small.. However not wanting to gain any enemies or get in trouble i just walked away saying no thanks. Later on in the year i was playing dodgeball against a wall with some friends and that same group came up again and grabbed the ball and began trying to hit me with it( i was on the wall) however due to my aweosome dodging skills(does anyone smell VTG? ) i managed to not get hit. Anyway yeah after that they never really confronted me, but later from time to time tried to get me to flinch and other whatnot and it became a nuisance rather than a threat. I think one of them dropped out because they had impregnated some girl and the rest are either working in fast food places or maybe leading in some other types of illegal activity.

#149772 - 05/27/05 09:56 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Strider_Hanzo]
Kintama Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Massachusetts
Thats a good observation Strider, There probably were more fights pre-90's when it was just hands and maybe pocket knives (remember 'jack knives')...once you bring WMDs into it - that changes perceptions on how far you are willing to push people....I think that had more of an effect than when the PC culture of suing started.

Think of what it meant when a kid said to another kid during the 70's and 80's "I'll kill you."

and think of a kid saying that now.

#149773 - 05/27/05 10:04 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Kudos to you, SANCHIN31, for trying to do the right thing. Good to hear those JA's got what they deserved as well.

#149774 - 05/31/05 02:02 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia

I am a nick-picky person.

But you did say MOST RECENT H.S. fight.

This means, I think, there were fights before that, you are still in H.S. and plan on having more H.S. fights?

#149775 - 05/31/05 02:37 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: ButterflyPalm]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Most recent means the last H.S. fight I had,which was my most recent.Yes,there were fights before that in H.S. and a few since that weren't.
Is the only reason you posted was to comment on you not understanding the topic or do you actually have something to contribute?

#149776 - 06/01/05 09:01 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
I really have no idea what i would do being faced with a gun.
In retrospect, you obviously handled it well considering the result now. But do you think that they were prepared to use the gun?
If you wave a gun around you better be prepared to shoot it.
If i may comment, and i know its easy to do so as an outsider, but since we are throwing thoughts around.....I dont think you should have let it get to the stage were they threatened you with guns. The situation started in the hall a week before that incident and thats where it should have ended. Its better not to let things escalate.
With that i would like to add, that back in high school, i dont think i could have handled it as well as you did.

#149777 - 06/02/05 01:20 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
BulldogTKD Offline

Hummm, my first high school fight wasn’t in High School at all, it was in Jr. High I hope it counts. I was at recess, recess? Well I guess it was grade school then, anyway, some kid was doing something he wasn’t suppose to do and I was a tattle and told the teacher on him. He wasn’t in my class but I saw him in line while we waited to go to the library and he pushed me and said he was going to be waiting after school for me to kick my butt. Well a teacher heard this and confronted the young lad and told him that mischief would not be tolerated. My teacher was informed of the situation and he kept me after school a bit just to make sure he was on his way home before me. My younger brother was going to the same school and he and I walked home together so nothing would happen. Well the kid was waiting for me and he jumped me while I was on the way home. It was kind of funny because I was not afraid of him and it seemed that everything was in slow motion. He started swing at me and I took him down to the ground, hay, I am a ground fighter, LOL, anyway I punched him a couple of times and we were pulled apart by someone’s dad. I turned out that this kid was the school bully and word got out that I kicked his butt and I was never bothered again by anybody. Funny, huh?

#149778 - 06/02/05 08:42 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: BulldogTKD]
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Derry, NH
Bulldog,

Under NO circumstances may one mix JR HIGH SCHOOL fight stories in SR HIGH SCHOOL fight story chains.

Bad form.

For the record, when I was in Jr. High School, All the teachers had paddles (with holes in them) and used them liberally for infractions as simple as forgetting ones' homework.

There we had no JR High School fight stories. The paddles always won out.

And this was a public school in Pennsylvania. Too bad the school systems are too whimpy today.

#149779 - 06/02/05 09:04 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Victor Smith]
oldman Offline
Professional Poster

My school was more progressive. Only the principal had a paddle.

#149780 - 06/02/05 10:34 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: oldman]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Amherst, MA
Public school? Try Catholic! The Nuns were feared. Weapon of choice...ruler.

#149781 - 06/02/05 12:50 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Victor Smith]
BulldogTKD Offline

Victor, thanks for bringing to light such painfull memories!If the teacher called you to come behind the coat rack you hoped that you had some padding on that day.

#149782 - 06/02/05 11:23 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Victor Smith]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia

Paddles with holes? you guys were wimps.

I came from a school which had a Japanese headmaster (one of those who did not return to Japan after WW2) He was a keen golfer who did not find enough time for drive-practice; need I say more.

Also we had a public address system which broadcast messages from his office. Whenever some boys were punished, the sounds of punishment were broadcasted to every classroom.

#149783 - 06/03/05 12:44 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: ButterflyPalm]
RazorFoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Seated at the computer, DUH
For those of you who were not aware or had not made the connection, catholic school nuns are an order of Tokagawa Kunoichi trained in various methods of torture, interogation, and weaponry.

They are masters of Rule Knuck Do Taijutsu (the art of knuckle whacking w/ a ruler) and have been known to be able to hurl pieces of chalk and erasers accurately from over 60 feet away.

Their senses are more acute than normal, untrained humans and have mastered the art of stealth. Be very careful in their presence.

Their key skill is their ability to present an innocent, almost harmless facade while masking deadly arts that would make military commanders around the world balk in disbelief.

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!

#149784 - 06/03/05 02:00 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: ButterflyPalm]
Strider_Hanzo Offline

Loc: Norwalk, CA 90650
Man i sound like such a foreign guy but.... "back in my country" our teacher used rulers to hit our hands and the back of our legs, also when we weren't straight in line and quiet he would pull on the hair that's right beside your ear on the side of your head. And one time he had the gall t use a lance yes i mean a LANCE to swing it around and hit a gorup of kids, including me, for misbehaving. psh... paddles....
p.s. : This was in a catholic school when hitting was illegal but he was old-school so he did it anyway, i complained but they didn't care because of lack of teachers. Might be a subconscious reason wny i got into martial arts.

#149785 - 06/03/05 03:41 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: MAGr]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Quote:

I really have no idea what i would do being faced with a gun.
In retrospect, you obviously handled it well considering the result now. But do you think that they were prepared to use the gun?

Yes! I honestly feel that if they got me outside I would have been shot and stabbed.I felt an urgency to RUN and adrenaline is good! It made me strong enough to pull away from several people and run faster than Ben Johnson!

Quote:

If you wave a gun around you better be prepared to shoot it.
If i may comment, and i know its easy to do so as an outsider, but since we are throwing thoughts around.....I dont think you should have let it get to the stage were they threatened you with guns. The situation started in the hall a week before that incident and thats where it should have ended. Its better not to let things escalate.
With that i would like to add, that back in high school, i dont think i could have handled it as well as you did.

I had no control on what stage they were willing to take it to. The principal was well aware of the situation and dealing with one of them who had stabbed a guy in the hall during a fight not too long before that.The principal was right in the middle of breaking the ight up when he grabbed one from behind,the other guy stabbed him while the principle held him.
There are alot of other things I would have done different,but you know what they say about hindsight.

#149786 - 06/03/05 04:53 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Victor Smith]
JasonM Offline
Professional Poster

I agree. I went to PA schools and I remember the paddles with holes, very well....Plus, I went to catholic school too..Worse of both worlds..lol

#149787 - 06/09/05 09:55 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: JasonM]
Pess Offline

Never had one. The closest I've come, there were these guys that were pissed off at me, so in gym class, we were playing this weird dodgeball offshoot where you have to try and knock down three bowling pins. Anyway, after one game, basically they chucked a bowling pin at the back of my head. Without knowing it was their, my gut instinct said "left" and I listened, and watched a bowling pin sail by my side, slow motion style. I glared back at them, and for some reason, no one else has seemed to want to fight me since ^_^

#149788 - 06/09/05 10:17 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Pess]
MAGr Offline
Veteran

Loc: London, home: Athens
are you sure they didnt just miss?

#149789 - 06/09/05 03:09 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
staton Offline
Stranger

did well you did. Martial arts is not about kicking the hell out of someone who singely annoys you. It is about self discipline and controll. And only using it as a last resort. Sometimes in life the best way of avoiding conflict is just to ignore and take the non violent path, as the peolle- the gang in this case, want a reaction and will get bored of their games if you dont give them it.

Peace out man

#149790 - 06/09/05 07:00 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: staton]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Quote:

did well you did.

Yoda! Is that you?

Quote:

Martial arts is not about kicking the hell out of someone who singely annoys you. It is about self discipline and controll. And only using it as a last resort. Sometimes in life the best way of avoiding conflict is just to ignore and take the non violent path, as the peolle- the gang in this case, want a reaction and will get bored of their games if you dont give them it.

Peace out man

If you still need advice,read this again.

#149791 - 06/10/05 01:00 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: harlan]
Ironfoot Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: St. Clair Shores, MI USA
Quote:

Public school? Try Catholic! The Nuns were feared. Weapon of choice...ruler.

Had them in grade school. I firmly believe they have their own version of iaido dealing with the metal-edged ruler!

#149792 - 06/15/05 06:46 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
backkick Offline

Loc: Northern CA
Ok, here's something I remember from wayyyyyy back around 1980!

Jason O. Basically the class pecker-head. Trained in jujitsu and was always trying out the latest joint locks on fellow (high school) students (including yours truly). Then part way thru the school year a student from Japan transferred in. He was a short, slightly built guy (named Hiro I think). Anyway, perfect candiate for Jason's experiemnts. Well, Hiro didn't take too kindly to Jason and asked him to leave him alone. But of course this only made Jason target him more. One day during lunch, Jason starts up again. But this time Hiro breaks the arm lock and while still holding on to Jason's arm spins around and flips him up and over this shoulder and onto the ground, *THUD* I still remember that dull sound, accompanied by a groan of pain! Boy it almost sounded like half the school cheered Hiro!!! Hiro our Hero! hahahaha! Guess what Jason's new nick name was? Peter Pan! Turns out Hiro studied Judo.

#149793 - 07/26/05 09:22 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
Intrepidinv1 Offline

Loc: NC, USA
I didn't think you were into war stories. VTG.

#149794 - 07/26/05 10:03 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Intrepidinv1]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Quote:

I didn't think you were into war stories. VTG.

LOL! There were some highschool fight threads on here when I posted that and someone said they didn't want to read H.S. fights in details soooo.............being the wiseacre that I am..........

#149795 - 07/27/05 01:24 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Intrepidinv1]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
Way to go, Intrepid! Searching for a month-and-a-half old thread to insult a guy who's accused you of being a VTG in the past, we have a new weinner!

#149796 - 07/27/05 09:55 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: JoelM]
CatnPhx Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:

Way to go, Intrepid! Searching for a month-and-a-half old thread to insult a guy who's accused you of being a VTG in the past, we have a new weinner!

You have to admit ... it's extremely funny!!

#149797 - 07/27/05 10:46 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: CatnPhx]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

What Intrepid said? No, not funny at all. Just a little depressing.

#149798 - 07/27/05 02:56 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
I passed over this post back in May thinking ... high school fight ... grow up already, nobody wants to hear about this stuff. Now I see it is brought up again and now I look at the original posters name and low and hold it is our good buddy SANCHIN31. So of course I have to look at it because I respect the guy rather then some punk coming on here bragging about how he kicked somebody's butt.

Some funny things here. Rulers ... yah I remember those days. Late 70's and early 80's ... had a few of these over the back of my hands. Even had a substitute teacher back in grade 6 (1980 I believe) that broke a yard stick over my head and my friend Neil's head for talking. Good old Mrs. Ray.

You're right Kintama, when we fought and said we were going to kill the other person it wasn't meant literally. Even today when I think I'd like to kill somebody it still isn't. Not to mention when we fought it was strictly punching and wrestling. Never had to worry about weapons or somebody kicking you. And if anybody bragged they did Karate, Judo or Kung Fu we'd have just beat the heck out of them and leave them crying on the playground field. Never even heard of Taekwondo, Jujitsu, etc.

Things have come a long way … and I'm not even that old.

#149799 - 07/27/05 06:12 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: JoelM]
Intrepidinv1 Offline

I really wasn't looking for it but when I found it, I couldn't resist. Sorry Sanchin, we are trying to do better, aren't we?

#149800 - 07/27/05 09:42 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Intrepidinv1]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

I think we're doing fine now. After all what was so tough about it? It was all true and I don't think it made me look big and bad at all.

#149801 - 07/28/05 12:21 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
Intrepidinv1 Offline

It's fine but you (at first) were so hard on me for telling war stories, I couldn't help be get tickled when I saw one of your own. Personally, I like (true)war stories. I think they're very beneficial as a learning tool.

#149802 - 07/28/05 12:28 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
Kepi Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Guess Ill tell about my first HS fight. Well I was playing cricket with a bunch of guys and we were taking turns to bat. Anyway this guy comes along who apparently owned the bat. I dont have a clue what his problem was with me but he told me basicly to **** off. I ignored him and continued to wait for my turn to bat. Just before I get up to bat he says that if I touch the bat hes hes gona smash me. So being a teenage guy I walk up to the bat and pick it up slowly while looking him in the eye. Lol, he promptly walked over to me and planted a nice hook on my jaw. The problem was that he was a lot shorter than me. I grabbed his collar and held him at a distance while he swung away, which I would have continued doing. He then managed to plant a punch right between the legs........yup. Well that was it for me, I pummeled him with everything I had. I won pretty convincingly. As all the guys broke up the fight and started congratulating me I started to cry. I felt really bad about doing that to him. I would have thought I'd be proud, or satisfied, I was sad.

This was pre MAs

Edited by Kepi (07/28/05 12:29 PM)

#149803 - 07/28/05 12:55 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Kepi]
Intrepidinv1 Offline

When I was real young, before I started taking martial arts I would get very scared about fighting. I got in some situations, I was a very skinny kid. That kind of stuff made me cry to, not because I felt bad but because I think I was terrified.

I was humilated one time by a girl that I called a bad name. I stayed in my room for several days. On another occasion I was being threatened by a bully. He said that he was going to get me on the bus. So I called my mom and begged her to come get me and she agreed. The principal wasn't to happy about that and said, "what are you going to do tommorow." I guess in a way he was advocating that I stand up for myself then but I was a scared little kid. I see that guy now and I know I could trash him but we just laugh about it now.

#149804 - 08/04/05 05:41 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: Intrepidinv1]
hugo Offline
Elvis Sharkey

Loc: I am not going to specify that...
Last time I got into a fight was in gym and I tackled the guy into a wall threw him down and held him up. He said he kicked my ass but I just waited ansd he ran away.

#149805 - 08/04/05 06:03 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: hugo]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

hugo,
Thanks for the pm. Nice way to introduce yourself kid-o.

#149806 - 08/20/05 03:36 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
AkhilleusWeeps Offline

Loc: Tx
Quote:

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd share with you my experience in self-defense just shortly after I started karate.
It was 1991, I was in 11th grade at Northside H.S. in Ft.Smith AR.
It started with me walking down the hall and accidentally bumping into a known 'gang member'. I apologized,but he wanted to fight. I said sorry and walked off with him still talking tough.
The next day my locker door was broken off the hinges and my leather jacket and tape player/tapes were missing.The 'gang leader' moron stopped me in the hall later,told me heard what happened and wanted to know what I was going to do about it.I told him the principal knew about it and walked off.Then even later I was shoved under the back stairwell and again challenged by several of the 'gang'.Noone hit me,they just got in my face and talked trash.These intimidation tactics went on for the next week or so.Then I saw one of the gang members wearing my jacket!!
I followed him outside and helped him out of it with the use of a good privacy fence surrounding the heat/cool system.Suddenly I was yanked off him by our very large vice principal.I explained the situation,but the guy said his mom bought him the jacket for christmas.Somehow he couldn't explain why my initials were on the inside cuffs and inside pocket,so he changed his story to "I found it in the gym".
The next day I was at my locker when I was shoved from behind.I turned around to face about 6-8 of these idiots.Two of them showed me weapons (knives and small gun).
They tried to force me through the doors leading outside next to the lockers,but I broke free and ran to my car.I drove straight to my dad's job and told him what happened.
The 'gang leader' idiot was still in prison the last I heard for extra curricular activities after he dropped out.One ended up being a rapist and I don't know about the rest.Hopefully they straightened up.
I think this experience taught me avoidance and awareness.Looking back there's alot of things I would do different,but I did pretty good for a 17yr old.
Thanks for reading my boring story! You may now comment on what you would have done,how lame it is,or whatever!

p.s. These guys weren't actualy an organized gang,they just labeled themselves that to appear dangerous.

I always find it a bit unnerving when people pose questions like "what would you do if 5 people" or "what technique would work against a 250lb fat muscle man if i'm 110lb's and 5'4" the unversal answer is ofcourse, RUN! Looks like you made the right choice! Kudos.

#149807 - 08/22/05 03:12 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
GojuRyuboy13 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: U.S. of A.
Well when I was in HS I never got in a fight. Just lucky I geuss, I have no idea how I would fair in a fight, as long as there is no weapon I could care less. A lot of people carry knifes though so that is one reason to avoid them. Besides the fact that most people I know carry knifes some might even have something else.

Anyway, I remember in some of my classes there were atleast one guy that would have a problem with me, He would try to get a rise out of me but I am way too calm and quiet for that.

One incident was at a skatepark when I used to rollerskate and skateboard, I don't anymore. One rollerskater didn't like the fact that I had switched around and kept challenging me to fight. He and his little buddy standing there in there pads and rollerskates, kept say "come on fight me" "what are you scared" bla bla bla.......

I just simply responded "no I don't want to fight you" "no I am not scared" The guy was rather bigger than me and I had heard about some other fights he had been in. So, in a way you could say I was scared. I was more scared of his revenge if I had won, which I probably would have. He was at a considerable disadvantage wearing skates and pads, and I was in normal street clothes and shoes.

He eventully called me a wuss and skated off. During the whole time I stayed sitting, I don't know if this was a good idea or not, but I figured if I stood up, that would be a difinite sign of aggression that he would react too. I also didn't want to break my skateboard over his face.

Later on in the years I met up with him again at my friends house, and we were cool to each other. meh, whatever

A lot of people knew of me, and basicully understood that I was a cool guy that would help them out with things. I wouldn't ever screw anybody and was never a prick. I think that is one of the reasons I never got a lot of crap from people. Also, I probably seemed like a Columbine type, that you wouldn't want to anger , Thankfully I would never do anything like that

sorry the stupid reply is so long, thanks for taking the time to read it.

#149808 - 08/22/05 11:23 AM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: GojuRyuboy13]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

A lot of people knew of me, and basicully understood that I was a cool guy that would help them out with things. I wouldn't ever screw anybody and was never a prick.

Quote:

Also, I probably seemed like a Columbine type, that you wouldn't want to anger , Thankfully I would never do anything like that

Those two statements are polar opposites and just plain ridiculous. Honestly you just sound like another wannabe teen angst story and I'm not buying it. Comparing yourself to those two wastes of human flesh, even in passing, severely reduces your credibility in my eyes.

#149809 - 08/22/05 02:54 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: JoelM]
GojuRyuboy13 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: U.S. of A.
Well, you don't have to buy anything, and I could care less how your eyes work.

Fine, you could say I tweaked those two statments a bit, but how else would I describe it, besides you don't know me so who are you to judge me like that.

What is angst?

#149810 - 08/31/05 01:16 AM Pain of the soul. [Re: GojuRyuboy13]
Kamiccolo Offline

Loc: canada
As old as this topic is getting, I'd just like to pitch in with a tear jerking story.

In life I have come to realize, fact or not, there are three kinds of pain. Physical in which is usually a wound of the flesh, very much healable. Internal, such as disease or cancer, there are some which can be cured. Lastly, Mental or Emotional pain, which never heals… no matter what you do.

I can't remember why I did it, but it seemed like the nutty thing to do. You know you're young, you think you're invincible, and things go wrong.

This one kid, same height as me, probably a few pounds heavier, was just chilling(relaxing) in his corner of the room and he says something to me. Now I can't remember what it was, but I remember sprinkling him with some juice or something in retaliation, rather small thing to start a big fight. So he whips out by splashing me with a larger amount of the same beverage.

Obviously being a DBZ junky at the time, that was my queue, or more so my limit. I dash towards him actually unleashing some freaky 30hit combo, which seemed real cool looking at the time, yet it didn't even phase him. In a flash he socked me right in the gut and grabbed the back of my head, I wanted to do all of this to HIM! So it seemed like God or whatever mystical force was trying to teach me a nice lesson then.
"You Start the Fight. You Lose the Fight.”

Knowing very well what was coming next, I extended my hands forwards to prevent my head from hitting the table in front of me, but unexpectedly he pulled my head backwards. I mistakenly dropped my defense and he, quite nicely might I add, RAMMED MY HEAD INTO THE WOODEN TABLE. I couldn't see very well, but I knew he was doing all kinds of wrestling moves on my stunned person.

I remember however that one of the girls in the class, who I liked, had seen the whole incident. Let’s take a review, I'm dazed, an over-active-slightly-fat-boy is experimenting his "Stunner" move on me, and one of the few women I actually attempt to impress is watching me properly have my butt handed to me for $12 or less. Could it get any worse? Hell yes.

I'm not sure who, it could have just been coincidence, but suddenly my pants loosen up and expose my lower posterior. I swear someone tugged them!
My god how embarrassing this was....that day scarred me and is one of the soul reasons I intend to become a master in Muay Thai, challenge that kid, whoop the fat out of him, pants him, continue to beat him, stand exultantly over his beaten corpse and make sure that that girl is watching the whole thing.

In the interest of anyone laughing their pants of by now there are actually several other events where this very same girl has witnessed my defeat….I feel that I have lost my pride here.

#149811 - 08/31/05 01:23 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Quote:

that day scarred me and is one of the soul reasons I intend to become a master in Muay Thai, challenge that kid, whoop the fat out of him, pants him, continue to beat him, stand exultantly over his beaten corpse and make sure that that girl is watching the whole thing.

In the interest of anyone laughing their pants of by now...

No, just hanging my head in depression.

#149812 - 08/31/05 03:25 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
Kamiccolo,

Right, so let me get this straight. You squirted a kid with drink, because he was overweight and quiet you didnt expect him to retaliate, but he did. You then physicaly attacked him, only to discover you hit like a p#ssey, and the poor guy you tried to hurt, quite rightly gave you a beating.

At what point am I supposed to feel sympathy for you? Did I miss something?

The embarrassing thing for you here is not that your pants came down, its not that you lost to an overweight kid (I was pretty thick round the middle at school, and I could have torn your arm off and beat you with the squishy end), its that you acted like a complete jerk in the first place!!!
The only bit of the story that makes me smile is that you referr to getting your butt kicked regularly- I am sure you deserve it judging by this.

If you want this girl to like you, be a likeable person, its not quantum physics. If all you do is fight, even if you win, this girl will see you as nothing but a bully and a thug- why would she want to spend time with that?

Grow up.

#149813 - 08/31/05 06:06 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
funstick5000 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Yorkshire, England
Quote:

So it seemed like God or whatever mystical force was trying to teach me a nice lesson then.
"You Start the Fight. You Lose the Fight.”

maybe you should pay attention to that and stop getting your arse kicked. oh and you lost your pride when you started on the kid, and by posting this any respect here whatsoever.

you're a bully who lost a fight. get over it and apologise to the other guy for starting on him.

#149814 - 08/31/05 10:16 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

Sorry...that was not 'pain of the soul'...is was shame. Being revealed, figuratively as well as in your case, is uncomfortable...but does not need to be embarrassing. If you would like to avoid this type of discomfort in the future, then make a practice of always being honest with yourself.

Edited by harlan (08/31/05 11:11 AM)

#149815 - 08/31/05 10:59 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: funstick5000]
Kamiccolo Offline

Quote:

maybe you should pay attention to that and stop getting
your arse kicked.

Oh don't worry, I'll be doing the arse kicking, all that tub of lard has to do is squeal like a piggy. Oink, fricking, Oink.

Quote:

by posting this any respect here whatsoever.

I didn't post this so you could think I'm the overlord of good chi and karma. I posted it to allow the people of this board to enjoy a story about a High School fight. Truth be told you people have become to accustomed with hearing of the good deed of the day, sometimes action must be taken, no matter what its consequences and meaning.

Quote:

you're a bully who lost a fight. get over it and apologise to the other guy for starting on him.

I'm sorry I have to laugh at this...it's not that you in particular are amusing to me, it's that I haven't fully explained the nature and attitude of this kid. Before and after our fight, this "innocent" kid insulted every teacher who he didn't like. He harassed girls who didn't like him, even to the extent of near raping them in a corner and they can't go around him, he's bigger than they are, so I can’t even imagine their pain, considering 4 or more people witnessing their soon to be rape.
He could insult you and you’re parents without the slightest care as to who they are and what they mean to you.

He had a very big mouth (One of the reason I attacked him).
Apart from me, many other people picked a fight with him because of his loose tongue and arrogance, in which every fight he lost. Incase you haven't grasped the point yet this kid is the victim of this particular story, but the criminal in many others. He needs to go down HARD and a nice gang of friendly mates agree with me on this part, we’ll each assist in the boy’s humiliation, in which he will learn the world is not a chess board where you can toy with what you consider the pawns.

Further more I've had nightmares where this kid was harassing that very girl. I grabbed him by the throat and told him he'd be getting his medicine now and there, I beat him, only for him to get up in a zombie like manner. So in other words I must not rest until I get stronger.

He actually has harassed her once, she's called him a "perverted [censored]", her friends do not approve of him. His only current friend, believe it or not is me and a friend of mine, and WE both intend to set a beating on him when he's unsuspecting.

Quote:

You squirted a kid with drink, because he was overweight and quiet

That's the exact opposite of what this kid is on a normal basis.
He’s loud, He's lost some weight and he's even ruder than before. He now is accompanied by a group of imbeciles who not only further increase his massive ego, but oppose of it, so they're just hypocrites with nothing better to do.

Quote:

At what point am I supposed to feel sympathy for you?

Maybe when someone publicly embarrasses you, you'll realize at what point you should have felt sympathy and at what point you should stand up.

Quote:

is not that your pants came down

Only Hell knows how it could have gotten worse.

Quote:

refer to getting your butt kicked regularly- I am sure you deserve it judging

Deserved it like Jesus deserved to be crucified. God works in mysterious ways, in this case he wants me to get so frickin' strong and [censored] off I'll be put in jail when I've dealt with this [censored].

Quote:

If you want this girl to like you, be a likeable person,

I've...tried that, it doesn't work, really she'd doesn't give a damn if I atone for my sins, she actually took up some Martial Art herself possibly to also put a hurting on him, so it’s all out personal revenge here. The asswhooping must commence.

Thanks for the divine advice in which this stuff really only works in the movies, but I'm telling you no matter what those masters of the arts say fighting will do the trick here. How in Peter’s name will walking away help now? I'm too deep, if I don't exact revenge I will not only disgrace my family name, my pride, but if the code of a warrior still stands, I'll have to perform seppuku.(Which won't be happening)

Seriously I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I didn't ask for your comments or advice. You’re all good people, as strong as you may come off, but you’re lives and mine are completely different, even if this goes wrong, I’d prefer to have seen myself follow what I think is right, than to have listened to the words of someone else and live in that world of “what if”.

#149816 - 08/31/05 04:47 PM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Jeez kid, this is high-school, not high-noon WTF

Do what you want, have fun, but I would suggest laying off comparisons to a certain wandering carpenter- believe me you aint the second coming, your just a jerk

#149817 - 08/31/05 09:36 PM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Cord]
rideonlythelabel Offline
Veteran

Loc: st-hubert quebec canada
Cord, you're a little hard on him. After all, he got sprayed with juice, this insult must be washed in blood.

And kami, don't you think you're taking this a little bit too seriously?

Your story was entertaining though, thanks.

#149818 - 09/01/05 02:30 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Kamiccolo Offline

After this I really think I should shut up, because I’m not allowing other members to talk about their own stories. I think being selfish is one of the rudest things someone can do.

Why is it that after all this hard-talk, all this preparation and all this determination, this phrase:
Quote:

After all, he got sprayed with juice, this insult must be washed in blood.

Makes me feel like the bad guy?

Reverse psychology? I must also be weak mentally.
What do I do now? I feel as though all my efforts have become as strong as damp bread
Why did you have to crush my determination rideonlythelabel?(rather odd name)
What did I have left but which was that I held onto; revenge. Even though it sounds like peer-pressure about now, what will my fellow associates say when I arrive only to let them know we’ll let him be? How will I be certain that he will not continue to be as fool hardy as he is, how can anyone promise me that as righteously as I have been corrected on my judgements he will also change? Some body please Enlighten me…
Not to sound as if I can see into the future myself, but I trust this kid as much as you could trust a swarm of locust not to feast upon the corn in a field.

Obviously, I won’t deny it; this was childish retaliation in the worst way possible. Unfortunately, like a spot of permanent ink on a brand new white shirt I feel tarnished. Is all that I have worked for nothing, is there no logic to the definition of the word honour, were Samurai fools themselves? Is anyone who wished to balance the equation of life in which every action has an equal and opposite reaction a childish youth?

To upraise you’re spirits before I leave this post which is rather bland and morbid, allow me to tell you something which now seems rather foolish. Before the fight I had bought a tight form fitting white shirt from a local shop, I wrote the Chinese calligraphic symbol for “power/strength” on the back of it, I was going to fling my school shirt off, with my back facing my opponent, I’d whisper “ Revenge is Power.” Then get into an intimidating stance. (Don’t take this too seriously)

#149819 - 09/01/05 05:40 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Kamiccolo,

Your style of prose and vocabulary are very good for a fairly young chap, this would indicate to me that you are not without intelligence.

In answer to your questions, quite frankly the black and white 'eye for an eye' ethos is always appealing, but you must temper it with your own moral judgement before acting.

If this guy attacks you physicaly, then defending yourself is reasonable action that few would be able to criticise, but to plan a pre-meditated attack to be launched by a group on one ususpecting victim is cowardly and deeply wrong no matter what the targets transgressions.

If this kid has made forcefull sexual advances to a girl, then the best thing for you to do is to encourage that girl to come forward and inform the school authorities. For your advice to be taken seriously, you must prove yourself to be a sensible person with sound judgement. Acting out overly dramatic revenge plots does nothing to boost your reputation as a sensible human being.

If you go ahead with your plot to ambush your friend (you described him as such in a previous post), not only will you be displaying the flaws in character that you are angry exist in your target, but there is no guarantee that it will change him for the better.
What happens when he heals and continues to behave badly? do you increase the ferocity of your attacks? Do you kill him? This is a ridiculous outcome for any altercation, let alone something as trivial as a school feud.

Rise above this boy, use your brain to get him punished by recognised chanels, not your fists to teach him a lesson he may not hear.

#149820 - 06/17/07 06:26 PM Re: Details on my most recent H.S. fight [Re: SANCHIN31]
musicalmike235 Offline

God I hate school admins. They are such [censored].

#149821 - 06/18/07 10:59 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
jpoor Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Fairfax, VA
Quote:

His only current friend, believe it or not is me and a friend of mine, and WE both intend to set a beating on him when he's unsuspecting....

...He now is accompanied by a group of imbeciles who not only further increase his massive ego, but oppose of it, so they're just hypocrites with nothing better to do...

So which is it? No friends but you or a group of friends? Or, mayhaps, are you calling yourself part of a group of imbeciles?

Best,
Jim

#149822 - 06/19/07 03:26 PM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Kamiccolo]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
Sounds to me, from your own words, that you got the a$$whupping you needed and deserved.
The sad thing is that you intellectually grasped the lesson ("You Start the Fight. You Lose the Fight.”) but refuse to learn it. Sadder still is people like Cord taking the time to try and make you realize how wrong you were and are, and you having walled off your brain so that nothing gets through. Do something about that, because you never know if Lesson 2 is going to be more painful still.
On another note, you've seriously underestimated most of the people on these forums if you expected simpathy when you posted. You might bear that in mind in future.

#149823 - 06/19/07 11:19 PM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: MAGon]
Taison Offline
The Forum Dragon
Professional Poster

Loc: BKK, Thailand
I don't think the original poster will reply. Seeing as this whole thread was way back in the 05', and this is the second half of 07'.

-Taison out

#149824 - 06/20/07 08:22 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Taison]
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
True, but others read this too. You did.

MAGon out!

#149825 - 06/20/07 08:38 AM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: Taison]
harlan Offline
Professional Poster

He better not! Having 2 accounts is the quick way to get banned.

Actually, Sanchin31 went through several name changes. His current one is BrianS.

Quote:

I don't think the original poster will reply. Seeing as this whole thread was way back in the 05', and this is the second half of 07'.

-Taison out

#149826 - 06/22/07 01:26 PM Re: Pain of the soul. [Re: harlan]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Actually, I went through one name change. From sanchin31 to myself. Mostly as a sign of putting on new skin after battling cancer.
I notified admin before doing so as well.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga