FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#146368 - 06/30/05 01:07 PM Re: i am new, need help with my fightin [Re: JoelM]
knightcommander Offline

Loc: Australia
Rofl.

Its called advice, which he asked for.

What you want me to do? Make him a cup of tea and tell him how to become the ultimate, sexiest, fighter in the world? Im still trying to find that myself.

And who cares if its a dead thread. Thousands of people are going to read it, perhaps about to make a simular thread.

#146369 - 07/01/05 12:31 PM Re: i am new, need help with my fightin [Re: gibbo]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
I'd setup a 3 stage regiment and I'd do it 5 times a week and sometimes twice a day. S1. I'd setup an exercise regiment strechting and calesthetics and aerobic. S2. I'd setup a lightweight routine working various parts of the body on differnt days then on one day work them all. S3. I'd include in the exercise program a 1 mile jog then 2 miles. Start practicnng sprinting. Slowly with this regiment your body will develope into the dynamo you want. At a certain point in your weight traiing I'd work heavier weights to build mass and power, in the legs,back and arms. From here you will have a body thats ready to train once you find a school or Instructor to train you. The hardest part of a 10k mile journey is the 1st step.

Being a good streetfighter will take years of training and fighting, you won't know until you've surviive a couple of em. If you are good at it, or not.

Edited by Neko456 (07/01/05 12:33 PM)

#146370 - 07/13/05 04:04 PM Re: i am new, need help with my fightin [Re: gibbo]
specter Offline

Loc: Tampa, Fl.
Im not so sure how much this would help but ill try to help you as best as i can:

For one thing, i would like to reccomend a website -two actually, thanks to someone who reccomended one of the website on another thread (sorry i cant remember who)- www.intense-workout.com (yes i know i reccomend this website a lot but i found it to be useful) and www.muscletalk.co.uk those might be helpful and if they are not very helpful im sure youll still be able to get a couple of things that are useful out of them.

I would also reccomend some books: The art of expressing the human body compiled and edited by John Little which is based after Bruce Lees training regiments and stretching scientifically by Thomas Kurz which is a great book for gaining flexibility (dont know if youll need that or not since there is no MA school around your area but ill recommend it just in case) and i hear a lot of mixed reviews about Matt Fureys "Combat Conditioning" but that might be worth your interest in looking into.

I would do a lot of jogging, usually in the morning for endurance and to burn off fat and i would do pushups, situps and crunches constantly, and i would keep doing soccer. i would also try to get as much useful information from this website and the 2 websites that i reccomended as i can and from the books that i reccomended (if you have the money to spend on trying some of those books) Especially the art of expressing the human body by John Little. I would also reccomend you try to strengthen your neck with some neck excersizes which would help you better for if you get a hit to the head(which im not saying you try to take hits to the head or anything but its always good to be careful and do it just in case) also i would try to see and ask if there is anyone who knows how to fight or can help train you in any sort of way. id also check around my town and make sure if there is a MA school or gym nearby or not. by the way, where do you live? i could probably see if there is someway i can help and look in the yellowpages or something?
Good luck man,
-specter

#146371 - 07/21/05 11:25 PM Re: i am new, need help with my fightin [Re: specter]
High-Tien-Ma-77 Offline

Loc: Ashland,Illinois,United States
Personally, I think Thai-Boxing is a good MA to practice in terms of getting a good physique, see if you can find a school in your area that teaches it.

#146372 - 07/21/05 11:28 PM Re: i am new, need help with my fightin [Re: High-Tien-Ma-77]
High-Tien-Ma-77 Offline

Loc: Ashland,Illinois,United States
Quote:

"To alcohal, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems."-Homer J. Simpson

Edited by High-Tien-Ma-77 (07/21/05 11:28 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Supremor, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga