FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Today at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#144708 - 05/16/05 01:27 PM *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy
Donte Offline

Loc: sacramento, ca, usa
im new to martial arts and am a white gold belt in tia kwon dow and i also want t learn how to use and controle ki and i really need help and i dont know what meditations to sart of with or anything plz help!

#144709 - 05/16/05 04:39 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: Donte]
Tsurugi_Oni Offline

I guess try to meditate on your breathe. Dont' force to feel your chi, it will come naturally without effort. Don't analyze what sensations you get, but simply be aware of them. Don't overexaggerate them either, be humble, but know if what you feel is true or not. Lay down in corpse pose (on bed, back down, palms up, legs spread apart, very relaxed), it works well. That's some basics, good luck!

#144710 - 05/16/05 06:02 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: Tsurugi_Oni]
DBZInspired Offline

Loc: United States, Georgia, Atlant...
I aggree with Tsurugi. Lying on my back Is how I began and funny thing happened. I first started off just relaxing and breathing palms open eyes closed. When I felt I was completely relaxed I started to Imagine I was floating on water. As though I can feel the waves pushing on my body.
I did this for one week straight just before going to bed.
Then on a Sunday night I actaully felt those waves on my back and they would swell when I inhaled and flatten when I exhaled. Over time the waves build and build and all the while my body was loosing energy. My legs went num with pain, my arm would tingle were my skin touched the sheets.
My head felt heavy and any small effort to move was invain. Although I could move if I really, really, tried. Now on that sunday night the waves built so much that I could feel a small amount of pressure on my back, I bagan laughing with fear and excitement as my torso began to rise.
Then I stopped and didnt go any futher out of fear of the unknown.

Energy Arts can take you so far with breathing and concentration, visualization and practice. But when you reach that breaking point when you know something will happen if you keep going, fear will become your only shackle holding you down. Untill you find the courage to unlock those shackles all that training will be for not.

Edited by DBZInspired (05/16/05 06:06 PM)

#144711 - 05/16/05 08:33 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: DBZInspired]
Tsurugi_Oni Offline

HAH, that practically describes my first experience, except i had pain all over my body, and i even was partially paralyzed like you. But Ya.. i had NO GUIDANCE at all when i did energy stuff, so i was venturing into the unknown. Now let me tell you, i have an iron will, i do not get scared easily at all. Scary movies, comon? Haunted house? please. But some of the sensations i got when during chi works scared the hell out of me. I mean scared me shitless, it was nothing that's ever happened to me, ever! Recently i had some CRAZY ones too, but now I know how extreme things can get. I guarantee you'll be freaked out, and it'll take a hell of alot of courage to be able to get past those barriers, but its worth it. It's a long journey.....it'll test you, trust me. HAVE FUN!!!

Edited by Tsurugi_Oni (05/16/05 08:33 PM)

#144712 - 05/17/05 02:30 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: Tsurugi_Oni]
Donte Offline

so you want me to lie downin my bed and feel the energy goibng thro me while im visualizeing somthing that could physical touch my body but wont untill i break thru my potential?
or what?
or is theyr an egsact meditation for this or somthing
because i want to unlock my ki and then use it to my advantage

Edited by Donte (05/17/05 02:32 PM)

#144713 - 05/17/05 04:53 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: Donte]
nenipp Offline
Veteran

Try the ki-key

#144714 - 05/17/05 05:04 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: Donte]
Tsurugi_Oni Offline

You got it all wrong! Don't visualize anything, you'll just fool yourself. Just sit there, relax, and it will come NATURALLY to you! As i said before, chi flows through you naturally, and u feel it with effortlessness. Don't try to analyze it, push for it, or use "willpower" to feel it, cuz then u wont, trust me. Just let go, or just meditate on your breathing, and you'll feel it. BTW you don't UNLOCK, ki, its always been in you. There is no exact meditation to feel chi, just do the lying down thing i told you.... Remember, relax, let go, and it'll come naturally! Tell me if u get any results =D

#144715 - 05/17/05 05:48 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: Donte]
DBZInspired Offline

In meditation though I'm not a master of any sort, mediation and breathing is connected with you energy, focusing on your breathing while meditating is key. I only visualized because I studied psionics, and quigong. My visualization only helps when I know what my energy feels like but just meditate on breathing first. If you start visualizing and have know Idea what your energy is It like searching in the dark for a needle outside in the grass. You cant find it because when you look down you shadow blocks out the moonlight. You must sit back and relax eventually the needle will reflect the moonlight and expose itself.
I know from first hand experience.
The rythm of your breathing the natural flow of it is like a river leading you to a place you never been. Cast off on it and sail free. Find out where the journey takes you and
you'll never come back to place you have been.

Let it go release from your rope of security
an just when you least expect it your energy will find you.

Ohh were you guys listening.... I was just thinking to myself.

#144716 - 05/17/05 06:04 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: nenipp]
Donte Offline

Quote:

Try the ki-key

whats the ki key?

#144717 - 05/17/05 06:30 PM Re: *bigginer* need help on controling ki energy [Re: Donte]
DBZInspired Offline

I need to know that one too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga