FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
Today at 10:15 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432453 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#143308 - 05/13/05 01:20 AM Re: Words of Wisdom? [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Ket Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: TX
Balderdash ....Martial Arts has many conduits, Wisdom being one of them. How can we be so quick to throw away that which may improve ones outlook on life? As does Martial Arts?

Two words of wisdom from myself,

If at all possible, fulfill all of your dreams. Never wonder "What if", it is one of the worst feelings ever.

After a while, give up on people ...You can't help anyone, they can only help themselves.

Oh, one more, sorry ....Mind your own damn business.

Ride ...PC is "Politically Correct". You, my friend, are not PC, but I for one like that. I would be more crude myself, if the fear of people here not taking me seriously wasn't so dominant in my thoughts.

I agree on the hate thing ....I'm one for the balance. Without hate, there can not be love. Without death, there can not be life. In chess, somebody has to take the black pieces. Hate gives you passion, which is only a bad thing if taken to far.

So, another piece of advice ...Moderation is the key.

Good night.

-Ket

#143309 - 05/13/05 02:42 AM Re: Words of Wisdom? [Re: rideonlythelabel]
Cord Offline
Prolific

Loc: Cambridge UK.
The treatment of animals being linked to the treatment of humans is a strongly proved fact. In the pathology of serial killing, almost all such people's first experience of killing was with household pets. Never forget that humans are animals, the fact that we have televisions does not place us above any other creature on the planet.

Hatred is not a 'good motivator'. Real hate is a detructive and distorting force. I'm not saying run around in kaftans hugging trees and singing Crosby stills and Nash numbers, (believe me, if you new me in person you would know I am far from PC), dislike what you will,be angered, feel free to offer attitude adjustment where necessary, but let things run their course. Grief fades, passion fades, laughter stops. Hate is an emotion that never loses its intensity, and will, if left to its own devices encroach on your interactions with all, and in turn, harm your life.

Your parents are the only people with greater life experience than you, that you know for sure have your best interests and happiness at heart, therefore advice from them should carry more weight than from any number of friends who make the same claims

Friendships surviving money problems. Nice in theory, I would reserve judgement till you are chasing your best buddy from school for 1500 ($3000 us) only to find he has neither the means, nor intention to make repayment.
See if he remains on your christmas card list then

#143310 - 05/13/05 04:47 AM Re: Words of Wisdom? [Re: slapstick]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Quote:

>Never take advice from a man with an ugly wife.

You referring to me?

I'll say, take it from the wife.

Anyway, Wisdom is relative. The more the wisdom, the less the relative.

#143311 - 05/13/05 05:26 AM Re: Words of Wisdom? [Re: oldman]
ButterflyPalm Offline
Enigma

Loc: Malaysia
Sanchin31.

I totally agree that we should keep the MA perspective in this Forum.

So here goes:-

Work hard, especially on your kata, as it the basis for all good things to come, and when it comes, you will know why kata is the way it is.

Wealth should not be a major consideration when you are minded to teach MA. How do you weight in dollars the generations after you that will benefit of what you teach today?

Weather the storms of criticism when you have another new angle to a kata application and someday your application will be the standard.

Win over your opponent in both skill and spirit in any tournament.

Weep only when you have not done the best that you could have.

Wash well your gi but not your belt because some of your past sweat and maybe blood should be carried forward to remind you of where and how you came to be.

Wear a seat belt please when driving or as passenger because destiny awaits you every time you step into a dojo and you need to arrive first.

Wear a helmet when doing serious contact sparring. It is no shame and it also certainly makes you 'braver'

Wait till you are married..... eh.......(give me sometime on this)

Wear a condom......... HELP!

Walk away only if your grappling skills are not up to scratch because 90.506% of fights end up on the ground.

Work it out if somehow your punch lacks that snap and of course find a qualified instruction near you.

By now you should get my drift, if not, go drink lots of water or wine and get married while watching the river, you'll live longer.

#143312 - 05/13/05 05:48 AM Re: Words of Wisdom? [Re: ButterflyPalm]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
Quote:

Sanchin31.

I totally agree that we should keep the MA perspective in this Forum.

So here goes:-

Work hard, especially on your kata, as it the basis for all good things to come, and when it comes, you will know why kata is the way it is.

I've always seen kata as the foundation of my training.

Quote:

Wealth should not be a major consideration when you are minded to teach MA. How do you weight in dollars the generations after you that will benefit of what you teach today?

I wasn't charged and we don't charge our students now,at least not money.

Quote:

Weather the storms of criticism when you have another new angle to a kata application and someday your application will be the standard.

No, I am the foremost expert on bunkai!!

Quote:

Win over your opponent in both skill and spirit in any tournament.

I dont do no stinking tournaments!

Quote:

Weep only when you have not done the best that you could have.

Weeping is for....well ok I weep, SO WHAT!!

Quote:

Wash well your gi but not your belt because some of your past sweat and maybe blood should be carried forward to remind you of where and how you came to be.

I never wash my belt and I've had to throw some of my gi's away! Stupid rippable student gi's

Quote:

Wear a seat belt please when driving or as passenger because destiny awaits you every time you step into a dojo and you need to arrive first.

I've always worn a seatbelt ever since it saved my life when I was 17.

Quote:

Wear a helmet when doing serious contact sparring. It is no shame and it also certainly makes you 'braver'

No thanks! I don't do head gear,I just protect my head.

Quote:

Wait till you are married..... eh.......(give me sometime on this)

Wear a condom......... HELP!

I'm already married and I'm already married.

Quote:

Walk away only if your grappling skills are not up to scratch because 90.506% of fights end up on the ground.

Where do you get that from? All fights start standing and there's no way of finding out how many fights end up on the ground.However,I am up to par on my graappling skills.

Quote:

Work it out if somehow your punch lacks that snap and of course find a qualified instruction near you.

By now you should get my drift, if not, go drink lots of water or wine and get married while watching the river, you'll live longer.

I am a qualified instructor near me.

What do you know ,now it's getting ma related.

#143313 - 05/13/05 06:11 AM Re: Words of Wisdom? [Re: Foolsgold]
BuDoc Offline
The doctor will see you now

Loc: USA and Abroad
I hate round-kicking animals. Might be because no qualified instructor ever showed me how

Page

#143314 - 05/13/05 07:01 AM Re: Words of Wisdom? [Re: BuDoc]
still wadowoman Offline
Improved beefier techno-prat

Loc: Residence:UK- Heart:Md, USA
Sorry folks, this thread is not MA related so I locking it in accordance with forum rules. Oldman, I think you are an excellent role model for your friend's son. I can see why she chose you.
Sharon

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, RazorFoot, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga