FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 4
Ronin1966 3
GojuRyuboy13 2
ergees 1
Victor Smith 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#143105 - 12/16/05 10:26 AM Re: Boxing techniques [Re: Neko456]
Neko456 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Midwest City, Ok, USA
How did I get that mixed "useless" with "unless I hope most read thru that I'm at work, typing as fast as I can. Sorry for the confusion.

Usually at night club unless the participate is a dangerous and continous threat the guys tossed outside and or escourted off the property until the next night $$$, or the bouncer and property owner will give a time limit when he can return or be arrested on sight for TP. His occupation or hobby doesn't matter boxer, football player or Karateman.

#143106 - 12/10/08 01:38 AM Re: Boxing techniques [Re: Neko456]
nesquik Offline
Stranger

I dont think any guy is ever gonna agree that someone else's sport is better than their sport. especially fighters. Just the way were made right? Martial arts and fighting sports are the best though cuz i think they rewuire the most determination, strength, and heart over any other sport like soccer or baseball :P

however i also gotta defend boxing. I've done both Karate (shidokan), kickboxing and now i currently box and so far boxing is my favourite. Some ppl have been making a big deal about how we use wraps and gloves even though we only do this becuz we throw so many punches against hard objects (bags, other boxers) that without these are wrists would have massive ammounts of wear on them. Ive done two styles of karate, one was the typical give me money and i give you black belt dojos (unfortunate that so many martial arts are being mocked by these dojos) and the other was a traditional, disciplined dojo. From the four years i spent at this dojo i got basic conditioning and learned many techniques. from the 1 year i spent at boxing i have greatly improved in shape and the techniques i learned here were far more effective in a fight. boxers learn their own style of boxing for their strengths and weaknesses. I have long range, fast hands, and high endurance so i box with devestating bursts and then defend and then burst again. Boxers are highly conditioned, tough as nails, and can hold there own in a streetfight no matter what anyone else thinks. It all comes down to the person not their style.

#143107 - 12/10/08 06:55 AM Re: Boxing techniques [Re: nesquik]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Loc: QLD Australia
Quote:

cuz i think they rewuire the most determination, strength, and heart over any other sport like soccer or baseball :P

they obviously dont require spelling talent

Quote:

Boxers are highly conditioned, tough as nails, and can hold there own in a streetfight no matter what anyone else thinks. It all comes down to the person not their style.

what a pathetic stereotype.
There is no sport "above" other sports, because as you said its down to the person. The person puts in the effort, has the determination, the heart, training, etc, no matter what the sport is.

Quote:

and the techniques i learned here were far more effective in a fight

once again, it doesnt mean boxing is better, just means you got more out of it. other people might not be the same. I learned more from getting in bar fights than from kickboxing, but I dont go around claiming its the best thing around

#143108 - 12/11/08 01:37 AM Re: Boxing techniques [Re: TheCrab]
Ames Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

Boxers are highly conditioned, tough as nails, and can hold there own in a streetfight no matter what anyone else thinks. It all comes down to the person not their style.

what a pathetic stereotype.

I don't see anything 'pathetic' in that at all--I see at as very accurate actually.

Quote:

once again, it doesnt mean boxing is better, just means you got more out of it [etc...]

He already qualified that his statments were based on his own experiance, and that they don't necessarily speak for everyone when he explictly stated:
Quote:

It all comes down to the person not their style.

I don't see, beyond the poor grammer and punctuation (which is really quite awful, nesquick), why these other aspects of his post required such harsh criticism there crab.

--Chris

Edited by Ames (12/11/08 01:41 AM)

#143109 - 12/11/08 08:26 AM Re: Boxing techniques [Re: Ames]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

Quote:

He already qualified that his statments were based on his own experiance, and that they don't necessarily speak for everyone when he explictly stated:

Quote:

I dont think any guy is ever gonna agree that someone else's sport is better than their sport. especially fighters. Just the way were made right? Martial arts and fighting sports are the best though

Quote:

I don't see anything 'pathetic' in that at all--I see at as very accurate actually.

He was basiclly repping boxing above everything else, which was the theme of the post. As I said, just because someones a boxer doesnt mean they can kill everyone in the room, or that they are better fighters than anyone else.

Quote:

I don't see, beyond the poor grammer and punctuation (which is really quite awful, nesquick), why these other aspects of his post required such harsh criticism there crab.

yeah that was a bit of a ba*stard post wasnt it.
sorry oldmate

#143110 - 12/12/08 01:16 AM Re: Boxing techniques [Re: TheCrab]
nesquik Offline
Stranger

My intentions were not to put boxing on a pedestal at all and this was not the theme of my post. I don't understand how you saw it this way, but posts over the internet can be very easily misinterpreted. I assume this is what caused you to react with so much hostility. Anyways what I meant was that boxers out of the ring would not be like a fish out of water. In my experience leg sweeps and low kicks are easily bypassed by good footwork, and can actually be used against the kicker as he loses balance. I have never seen a high kick pulled off well enough to do any harm nor any other "superior" technique that a boxer is supposed to be helpless against. In fact I find most fights turn into a sprawl'n'brawl match. I apologize for the terrible grammar in my previous post, there is no excuse for that.

Best wishes,
Curtis

#143111 - 12/12/08 02:17 AM Re: Boxing techniques [Re: nesquik]
TheCrab Offline
Scum

ah ok mate. sorry on my part as well.
Interpreted your post as basiclly saying "boxers are the best, boxers beat everyone etc"
stylism annoys me

but yeah all good.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki, Supremor, tkd_high_green 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga