FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
Today at 10:15 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
Today at 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432453 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#142508 - 05/12/05 02:47 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: tsafa]
TimBlack Offline
Exalted

Loc: UK, Brighton
Thanks for that enlightened look at the issue of steroids tsafa, I must admit I'm no expert on these things, since I've never felt the need to take steroids.

I'd just like to add that steroids are the lazy way for most people to make gains - if you work hard, you'll still achieve high levels of success. Not as high as if you were pumping that crap into your body, but high enough to really make a difference and, unlike if you're roiding, it'll last.

#142509 - 05/12/05 04:31 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: TimBlack]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Yes roids are a short cut. I've many times thought about them but have never done so. I've done my homework to learn as much about them as possible which also includes talking to people who have taken them. I've know many people on them personally, with some being fire fighters, but mostly those who wanted to be big and strong.

I've never met anybody that had any health risks from them but I know this is a possibilty. Most incidences that I've found while researching this are those who that if a little does this much then this much more will be better. If you are this stupid then so be it ... you've made your bed now lay in it.

It is not entirely true that if you take steriods and stop taking them that you will loose everything. For some maybe but for most they will retain a small portion of the muscle they've made. As for as Arnold's photo, yes he is older now but where did he and others expect this excess skin to go to? I'll bet he's still strong as an ox.

Steriod ... thought about it ... but just would not be right for my life and goals.

Edited by Dereck (05/12/05 05:31 PM)

#142510 - 05/12/05 07:35 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: tsafa]
jaret345 Offline

Loc: new york
you really have done your homework on steroids awsome post man

#142511 - 05/13/05 01:24 AM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: jaret345]
tsafa Offline

regarding any strenth that you keep after you come off steroids, that is because you where underdeveloped before. Had you just kept training hard you would have gained that strenth naturaly. I have seen some kids come into the gym and start roiding after 6 months of training. when they come off, yeah, they will endup higher then where they started, but they just started, that's what would happen naturaly. It is diffrent for someone who has trained for more then 5 years and had reached his genetic limit. He will come came right back down and usualy fall futher back until his own testosteron production comes back up. I already pointed before on how the body natuarly cuts back its own production in the earlier post.

However,I will be the first to admit that there are always exceptions. This is what I have observed over the years, but I too have seen the occasional exception. For the most part it usualy goes the way I stated.

#142512 - 02/23/08 07:49 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: tsafa]
berserkerofdeath Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA
Ronnie Coleman is absolutely not on steroids!
The Arlington police department who Ronnie worked for does a drug test AND a polygraph test. If you have any used drugs except marijuana in the last 10 years you can not work for them.
For Ronnie's words on this AND those of his doctor look at this:
http://www.ronniecoleman.net/biographyhigh.html
And please do not slander people without doing the proper research.

#142513 - 02/23/08 08:34 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: berserkerofdeath]
bwhite55 Offline

i still really doubt it. the human body is an amazing thing, but i really don't believe its that amazing w/o help.

IMHO, most of the stuff about steroids IS overhyped, and banning steroids is the WORST and DUMBEST thing that has ever happened. most of the negativity is spread by pharmicists w/ hidden agendas and people who have lost friends and families to steroid abuse(my deepest apologies to anybody on here who might have lost anyone close to steroids, i mean no attack on you or that person, nor am I trying to lesson their death in any way, so please don't miss-understand). thats another tangent and topic completely so I won't even go there.

#142514 - 02/23/08 08:37 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: berserkerofdeath]
Dereck Offline
Prolific

Loc: Great White North
Give me a frickin' break. Ronnie Coleman has used steroids because NOBODY gets that big without taking those, growth hormones and plenty of other [censored]. Don't kid yourself. That is not natural by any means. I don't care how well you are genetically gifted, I don't care how much you pay attention to what you eat and how you eat, I don't care how much rest you take between lifting, I don't care about the intensity you train at ... you don't get that big without enhancements of a drug nature. No ands ifs or butts! FACT!

#142515 - 02/23/08 09:53 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: berserkerofdeath]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Quote:

The Arlington police department who Ronnie worked for does a drug test AND a polygraph test. If you have any used drugs except marijuana in the last 10 years you can not work for them.

As far as I know, most occupational drug tests do not look for steroids. I would be willing to bet all kinds of money that he did in fact use them.

#142516 - 02/23/08 11:24 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: bwhite55]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

i still really doubt it. the human body is an amazing thing, but i really don't believe its that amazing w/o help.

IMHO, most of the stuff about steroids IS overhyped, and banning steroids is the WORST and DUMBEST thing that has ever happened. most of the negativity is spread by pharmicists w/ hidden agendas and people who have lost friends and families to steroid abuse(my deepest apologies to anybody on here who might have lost anyone close to steroids, i mean no attack on you or that person, nor am I trying to lesson their death in any way, so please don't miss-understand). thats another tangent and topic completely so I won't even go there.

I think you have very little experience of people who use steriods to make that statement.
I have been around steroid users for some time.
They and the effects that come from them and what they lead to are bad. Full stop.

Eat correctly, sleep enough, train hard and nature will take care of the rest. It will take longer but there again training will last untill late on in a persons life.

Jude

#142517 - 02/23/08 11:28 PM Re: is ronnie coleman on steroids? [Re: berserkerofdeath]
jude33 Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I think he is. What is your interest in him not being in them? I dont have to do research. The poundage he used on some exercises there is no way a none steriod user could do them. It isnt slander by the way. Its an opinion.

Jude

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga