FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Troy7785, wakita, swisztony, Tonybb, shelly1993
22920 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
AndyLA 3
Bartfast 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22920 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#138691 - 05/05/05 02:21 PM What to do with energy ball when between hands
Prometej Offline

Loc: Croatia
I live in country where tai chi and qigong aren"t very popular so it"s hard to find a teacher so i"ve been trying myself.
I get the feeling of magnetic force between hands when compressing and spreading the energy ball but what to do then, can you direct it to a injured part of the body or something.
Just what to do when feeling the force beetw. hands , how to finish exercise?

And yeah, should i keep trying on my own or give up -

#138692 - 05/05/05 07:36 PM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands [Re: Prometej]
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Colorado, USA
Quote:

I live in country where tai chi and qigong aren"t very popular so it"s hard to find a teacher so i"ve been trying myself.

What methods/exercises have you been using on your own and where did you get them? Books? Internet?

Quote:

I get the feeling of magnetic force between hands when compressing and spreading the energy ball but what to do then, can you direct it to a injured part of the body or something.

I would think that it is possible, the issue is, do you have enough training to know if you are doing this propely or not?

Quote:

Just what to do when feeling the force beetw. hands , how to finish exercise?

I would say you should finish by focusing on storing any energy at the tan tien and letting the body relax.

Quote:

And yeah, should i keep trying on my own or give up -

If you have a serious interest you should not quit. However, the internal arts whether for healing or for martial use should not be rushed. Eventhough teachers in your area may be difficult to come by I would still make a serious effort to try and find one.

#138693 - 05/06/05 11:09 PM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands [Re: Prometej]
BaguaMonk Offline

Loc: DALLAS TX BABY
The "ball" is really just connecting the two points on the hands together to promote flow, similar to how the toungoe on roof of mouth does same thing for the head. Or the Wuiyin channel opening and closing. Since chi eminates from the point on the hand, yes, it is possible to spread it throughout your body. Alot rub their kidneys, their stomach, but it is still structuralized through inhalation and exhalation.

#138694 - 05/08/05 12:06 AM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands [Re: BaguaMonk]
DINAMO788 Offline

Loc: body in US, heart in USSR
wow, this is some cool stuff. i'm new here and getting the impression that this is an older forum(relating to age).

i one time spoke with this guy who said something liek this. we were talking about an anime (yu yu hakusho) and he said he heard of this guy or saw this guy who could create soem of the attacks seen on the show, liek a "ball" of what you guys are talking about.

but is this really real or more of a belief? i have enver heard of seen any concrete proof and i think somethnig as miraculous as this might attract some more attention.

and for those of you who practice this, the energy or chi is invisible right and can it be created outside of your body and can it be directed in a way that we can see or sense a result of it?

also i know i cant juss all of a sudden right now focus for a while with my hands apart and expect to feel energy but how woudl u go about making a ball and how long would it take to gather energy? also how exactly do u gather energy? do you close your eyes on conecrte on something?
also i can sit with my eyes closed and my hands apart and feel something between my hands but i dont think its energy, just a slight tingle from them being held still, how will i be able to know if its energy or juss that tingle feeling?

Edited by DINAMO788 (05/08/05 12:14 AM)

#138695 - 05/08/05 04:58 AM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands [Re: DINAMO788]
BaguaMonk Offline

Loc: DALLAS TX BABY
The energy is not tangible in the way you seem to believe. It is being aware of all the natural energies in your body, without having to actually mentally focus on the, but rather "feeling" it. There is no way to "gather" energy so to speak, and throw it at someone, or even have somebody else feel it. Unless you are a very proficient practicioner of chi gong or an internal art, it is very rare for someone else to be able to sense it unless you are striking them. Connecting fingers, hands etc. works great when praying/meditating. In Chi gong, you must use breathing correctly.

If you want to develop energy, have correct posture, and breathe abdominably while being completely relaxed, this is the only way.

#138696 - 05/08/05 08:51 AM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands [Re: BaguaMonk]
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Quote:

If you want to develop energy, have correct posture, and breathe abdominably while being completely relaxed, this is the only way.

That and get a teacher.

#138697 - 05/10/05 10:44 PM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hand [Re: BaguaMonk]
Inuyasha Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Quote:

The energy is not tangible in the way you seem to believe. It is being aware of all the natural energies in your body, without having to actually mentally focus on the, but rather "feeling"

Yes very true. If you want to make a chi ball you must feel the energy pushing your hands....

#138698 - 05/10/05 11:26 PM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands [Re: Prometej]
Diga Offline

Loc: Hoodsport, Washington
Tricky question.
There are several types of energy and many ways to talk about it.
This is just one explination and details are too many to get much into it.
Visualization can be incorperated into energy.
What one visualises can be recognesed by another.
An idea of how this can happen is with hypnosis. Everyone has seen a demo of someone getting hypnotised some have even been hypnotised. Basically it is the power of suggestion.
Now to relate this to martial arts.
If you display great confidence and observe your opponent for a lull in his/her concentration - you will be able to convince them that you have a ball of energy and with proper timeing and great breath control you can catch them off guard and SHOUT along with a suprising motion toward their on comming attack and knock them over without even touching them. This is taught in Aikido training.

Actually that was a pretty poor explination but it should be enough to give -one- idea of energy transfer into another person.

#138699 - 05/11/05 09:06 AM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands [Re: Diga]
Fisherman Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Visualization can be incorperated into energy.

I'd agree with this statement. Visualization can be recognized as one's intent. I like to think of it as real-time visulization; wherein the mind is directing the intent, and it is the will of the intent that is guiding the body and it's energy.

Quote:

What one visualises can be recognesed by another.
An idea of how this can happen is with hypnosis. Everyone has seen a demo of someone getting hypnotised some have even been hypnotised. Basically it is the power of suggestion.

This may work in a closed environment, but I highly doubt that you would ever be able to use it in a real fight situation. Fights happen way too quickly and in such a spontaneous manner that there is little time for hypnotizing you opponent.

Quote:

If you display great confidence and observe your opponent for a lull in his/her concentration - you will be able to convince them that you have a ball of energy and with proper timeing and great breath control you can catch them off guard and SHOUT along with a suprising motion toward their on comming attack and knock them over without even touching them. This is taught in Aikido training.

This is what I was saying above. What you have said above occurs in a closed environment.
Besides, what you have described above is not necessarily an 'energy' attack. I will explain.
When someone launches an attack, at some point durring the attack their intent is focused to a point. Their point is to harm you. If you shout at the proper time, when they are fully immersed in their attack, then you will snap their intent. If you do this when someone has forward momentum and you have positioned yourself at a proper angle adjacent to them, it will appear that you have knocked them off balance with a shout.
I am not trying to say that energy is not present wihin this attack. It is, it is being directed via your intention. What I am saying is that you are not hitting them with an energy ball like some people here would like to believe.
You said it yourself, you are catching them off guard.

Regards
Chris

#138700 - 05/11/05 06:55 PM Re: What to do with energy ball when between hands [Re: Fisherman]
Diga Offline

Loc: Hoodsport, Washington
Fisherman
Yes I am agreeing with you.

As I said this is a difficult topic to just talk about. Plus this is just one of many adaptations of trying to explain.
The work hipnosis was used because it was a single word that would be understood. There is no time to wave a golden watch in front of someone that plans to attack you.
The supprise with timeing is more important and seeing his energy and acting just before he uses it is where the speed comes from. Which actually means you have seen his energy ball and foiled it.
I think one needs to work with finding theirs before being able to out guess theirs.
The energy ball to me is just another way to explain it. Maybe intent ball would be better.

Great topic....lets keep going.

Not sure I agree with the close environment part.
Aikido ( where we worked with these techniques ) sparred by starting a long distance away and charging in at eachother.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga