FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#138295 - 05/04/05 06:51 PM ALL please read **AGAIN**!
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
Welcome to the new and improved weapons forum!

Here are a few ground rules to follow:

1. Profanity and rude behavior will not be tolerated.

2. Trolling will not be tolerated.

3. Please use the forums search function before submitting new topics.

4. This forum is for the discussion of hand held weapons [including swords if you like] but NOT guns.

5. Do not ask for links to "where can I find a site with videos for learning weapons stuff" if you aren't already in serious training with an instructor who can keep an eye on you and correct your techniques.

6. Follow the forum rules.

Enjoy the forum and keep it clean.

#138296 - 10/28/05 06:25 AM Re: ALL please read **AGAIN**! [Re: Reiki]
Uncle Offline
Stranger

I read this with great interest.
The fact that you are against distance learning program only tells me that you have short or no experience yourself. I have trained martial arts for 14 years, and the last 8 years in the same club and under the same master. I have come to a level of understanding of my style that I do not need the instructor telling that I have my foot 10 degrees in the wrong angle. I know this by myself. I have no problems learning forms that my master has not instructed me in. It can be done from a book or video tape, abd with great success. It is only beginners that need the instructors contant supervision. According to your statment I think this is where you are in your development. When you get more experience and go further in your training you can stand on your own two feet and get things done without supervision.
My masters master is dead. Do you think this means that my masters development has ended? In that case you are terrible wrong. Every day he comes up with new stuff. When you reach a certain level of knowledge you will see yourself.
You should try to focus more on your own development rather than critizicing others. Walk your own path and let others walk theirs.

#138297 - 10/28/05 05:01 PM Re: ALL please read **AGAIN**! [Re: Uncle]
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: MiddleEarth
The reason that most of us on this forum are against "distance learning" is because we get mostly beginners coming along and asking for links to xyz styles so they can become backyard ninjas in 5 minutes. Hence the reason for the above post. We are all getting very weary of reading the same type of post from newbies and I do not wish to keep getting them over and over.

Since you are supposedly an experienced MA, imagine this: you are a complete beginner and have done no martial arts ever in your life. You buy a book from somewhere and try to learn the stuff in it. You have no concept of what you are learning and why and you then decide to join a bona fide martial arts club and tell them that you have mastered xyz kata. The head instructor asks you to demonstrate it and you get the movements, kicks and stances wrong, he tries to correct you and wastes the next year helping you to unlearn the bad habits you've taught yourself...

It takes just as much if not more time and effort to unlearn bad habits as it does to create good habits. This is a known fact in every sport, and as a serious martial artist of course you would already know this.

Obviously if you have spent a number of years learning martial arts in one club or other you have some idea of correct technique and do not need the constant monitoring on the basics that the beginners need.

As for my MA experience you have no knowledge of it, so are unable to make any sort of valid judgement or comment here.
Please focus on your own path before criticising or making judgement on others.

fyi the moderators sticky posts are for your guidance in each area of the forum and are not a topic for discussion.

Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga