FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 47 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
Marcus Charles 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#138107 - 05/04/05 12:04 PM Confused about JKD???
Kataman23 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I really am not into the whole JKD thing, but it got my interest and I started reading on it. After reading different articles from different persons I am very confused about the whole thing and wonder if it just was a move by Bruce Lee to seperate himself from everyone and stand out, or to remain a mystery. Some say JKD is just about Krishnamurti's philosophy . They say Bruce kind of lost it with the whole Krishnamurti thing, got away from his originl methods and turned off some guys he used to instruct. Thoughts on the true JKD??? Thank You.

My true intersts however are traditionl MA.

Kataman23

#138108 - 05/04/05 05:41 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Kataman23]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
People are the problem with JKD. It's really a very simple philosophy made much more complex by people, for various reasons.

Krishnamurti was about nothing but the quest for truth - exactly what JKD is all about.

May I ask why your interests are with "traditional" martial arts? Isn't fighting, fighting and training, training? If not, WHY not?

-John

#138109 - 05/04/05 07:50 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Kataman23]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Loc: York PA. USA
Nice post, JKogas.

JKD is really simple, to the point that people think they must be "missing something". Then they try to add complexity where none exists, and makes it murky.

There may have been some commercial motive in the name JKD, but I really think BL was just trying to use his fame to get notariety for his concepts. Great concepts, but his fame blinded most everyone that attempted to look at the "system".

Most ended up just robotically aping the specific arts BL studied, instead of finding their own way - exactly what BL did not want.

#138110 - 05/06/05 11:29 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Kataman23]
etaks86 Offline

I agree that jkd is simple focusing on simplicity and being adaptive and instinctive like you natural are to begin with until you allow your instincts to be disrupted by to many movements that are not at all simple and that have very little application purpose in real life fighting.

#138111 - 05/06/05 11:54 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: etaks86]
Kataman23 Offline

I think Jeet Kune Do was named because Bruce Lee had interception in mind. Try to intercept whenever possible. Too many defensive movements are the main mistake of most persons who do this art.

When you think about it INTERCEPTION is the most efficient. That's what Bruce Lee's philosophy was to be efficient.

I've considered this carefullly and now I have done away with my Katas, as I see now they are useless and not efficient. I probably should switch my name now

Edited by Kataman23 (05/06/05 11:57 AM)

#138112 - 05/06/05 12:33 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Kataman23]
etaks86 Offline

yes i agree with you. there are to many moves in the triditional arts that are not effective in fighting. It seems that people are tricked into thinking that these methods or styles can make you able to be some master's master that no one can beat. I think movies play a large role in this by this i mean the whole master teaching student traditional martial art that will make him impervious to any fighter. I also think that jkd was also bruce lee's way of trying to eventrully stop this process of ineffective methods and styles.

#138113 - 05/08/05 07:21 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: etaks86]
Ace Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
From Bruce lees own words, he named it the intercepting fist because he believed never to defend, only counter attack... get it? hes interecpting any attack thrown at him... makes sense. The problem with JKD when people wish to learn it is that they go there wishing to learn a complete style, but the problem was JKD was never completed, and was never probably meant to be completed, as a good style is one that adapts to its environment. But, people who say they will teach you JKD are BS artists, its the ones who say they will teach you JKD CONCEPT that know what they are on about, just a bit of info for you...

#138114 - 05/08/05 09:06 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
Kataman23 Offline

It's interesting to note that Bruce Lee, the man himself, NEVER EVER used the word concept.

Edited by Kataman23 (05/08/05 11:22 AM)

#138115 - 05/08/05 09:14 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Kataman23]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
First:
"My true intersts however are traditionl MA"

Then:
"I've considered this carefullly and now I have done away with my Katas, as I see now they are useless and not efficient. I probably should switch my name now"

Flip flopper!! You really are confused!! If you don't want to do kata,don't do kata!! Woopeedo!! Kata's are far from useless though.

#138116 - 05/08/05 09:44 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: SANCHIN31]
Kataman23 Offline

For MA they might be usefull, but for self defense they are definitely not efficient nor useful. They have nothing to do with defending yourself against a live and resisiting opponent. I have one word SPAR.

Try your Katas out in a biker bar and see where it gets you.

#138117 - 05/09/05 07:49 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Kataman23]
Ace Offline

No, bruce did use the word concept, just not in direct refernce to JK, which proves already that you think my arguement was soley about what he himself said... you would note that on may occasions he did say he is still formulating the style and bringing together its ideas (concepts) that he wishes to incoperate... pity his dead, or we wouldnt be having this arguement. basically what i was tying to say is that because how JKD is practised depends on the person, you cant be taught exactly how to do something, but merely the diffrent reasons behind why you would do it that way.

#138118 - 05/09/05 07:51 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Kataman23]
Ace Offline

and sparing is not a realistic simulation of fighting, as in most styles you do not try to drive through and destroy the opponent, but merely take point shots and try out tecniques

#138119 - 05/09/05 09:07 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
Kataman23 Offline

No, the fact remains Bruce Lee DID NOT EVER use the word concept when referring to JKD when he spoke or in his writings.

Concept is an Inosanto word, NOT the man himself, Bruce Lee, the creator.

I AGREEE with you on sparring. You're right . Most sparring ESPECIALLY "TRADITIONL STYLE MA SPARRING" doesn't adequately simulate real life.It's just fantasy. If you get protective gear though and spar in a "JKD, non traditionl way " then you can better simulate real life contact.

Bruce Lee, the creator said this and I qoute " Learn the principle, abide by the principle, then dissolve the principle" - THIS IS JKD.

Edited by Kataman23 (05/09/05 09:09 AM)

#138120 - 05/10/05 01:40 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Kataman23]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
For a name like kataman you know nothing about kata.

"try your katas in a biker bar."

good grief.

#138121 - 05/10/05 05:24 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: SANCHIN31]
Ace Offline

sorry, just watched 'lost' inteveiw with Bruce, and he does use word concept.... and here are dictionary meanings, not exactly the same i admit, but both refer to generaliusations about objects/ides/other, which was what i was trying to get across.... your basically argueing for the point of it arent you? by the way... i hadnt even heard of guru Dan Isanato(spelling m,ay be wrong) therefore how could i qoute him...? And would nbot all principels start off as concepts?..... No?
The noun concept
Meaning #1: an abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances
The noun principle
Meaning #1: a basic generalization that is accepted as true and that can be used as a basis for reasoning or conduct

#138122 - 05/10/05 07:08 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Quote:

and sparing is not a realistic simulation of fighting, as in most styles you do not try to drive through and destroy the opponent, but merely take point shots and try out tecniques

Don't know about you, but I try and knock my opponent OUT on occassion. Wouldn't I do that on the street?

What's better, hard sparring or PRETEND training?

-John

#138123 - 05/10/05 07:31 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: JKogas]
Ace Offline

yeh KO is the way to go, but many schools dicourage this as.... they lose customers who dont like getting knocked out, and it is a job for lots of people. but to answer your question, i like HARDEST sparing, as im not into letting my opponent attack me more than necesary, so i like to take him out of the picture... but this has nothing to do with being confused about JKD so.....

Edited by Ace (05/10/05 07:33 AM)

#138124 - 05/10/05 07:55 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
Bodiharma Offline

JKD is best suited for people that have a good grounding in a martial art and had learnt some forms or kata's, alot of people move onto JKD, few people start on JKD, or so im led to belive.

What I dont understand is how you can just 'do' JKD without prior training or understanding of structure and forms.

Does it use forms?

#138125 - 05/10/05 08:00 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
Ace Offline

dont think so

#138126 - 05/10/05 08:07 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
Bodiharma Offline

Bruce did wing chun, the first form, second, and the wooden dummy form, so its easy for him to say: "there is no form, forget everything" because he can, he's learnt something which he can then forget, like walking and breathing, blinking, etc.

back to the point i made a minute ago though, does JKD teach you basic wing chun then just apply a philosophy to it?

or is it Bruce Lee's interpretation of Wing Chun Kuen?

#138127 - 05/10/05 08:35 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
Ace Offline

No, wing chn is fairly diffrent from JKD and already has its own philosophy, hence there would be no reason to copy a style and call it something else because it incoperates new ideas. He was trying to make a style that anyone could learn, and for them to utilize techniques that worked for them, as such it is not exactly a science, unlike wing chun. It is not bruces interpretion of any style in particular, but fighting in general. If you wish to gain an insight into hes ideas about it, watch 'Bruce Lee, the lost interveiw" it offers a better level of insight into what his philosophys on fighting were and what JKD is moreso than i can say here.

#138128 - 05/10/05 09:22 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
Bodiharma Offline

but wing chun focuses on the fight itself more than the style, when you start off you learn basic techniques footwork etc, then you learn how to apply them to an acuall fight situation (like most martial arts), no pulling of punches, no set pattern, just precise and acurate punching and trapping. this can take a few years too achive, but is essential to street conflict.

Does anyone know if Chi Sau is used in JKD?

#138129 - 05/10/05 09:32 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
Ace Offline

look below...., Personally i like wing chun as a style more anyway, i just believe it taught me alot more of alot more useful stuff, but could you enlighten me to what you like most about the style (open question) as im not sure what any unique elements they might incoperate would be

Edited by Ace (05/10/05 09:36 AM)

#138130 - 05/10/05 09:33 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

We do Chi Sao at my JKD school occasionally. We also do pummeling (for JKogas!).

#138131 - 05/10/05 09:37 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: MattJ]
Bodiharma Offline

single hand, or double? do you use Chor Ma (Chi Sau for feet) or Chi Na (for grappling)

Tai Chi has 'pushing hands'

do most arts have a sensitivity drill or tool?

#138132 - 05/10/05 09:39 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
Ace Offline

Hubad is a sensitivity drill, would trapping hands count? From a CQC style. Chin Na isnt really Chi Sau though, its it's own whole style.

#138133 - 05/10/05 09:44 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
Bodiharma Offline

Quote:

Hubad is a sensitivity drill, would trapping hands count? From a CQC style. Chin Na isnt really Chi Sau though, its it's own whole style.

Chi Na is for locks holds and grappling, it apply's the same theory of Chi Sau and Chor Ma, using sensitivity to react to an opponet

trapping is different, you can learn how people react to certain locks and holds, and you can teach your hands to react the instant they feel contact, but it can only go so far.

hubad? CQC?

#138134 - 05/10/05 10:49 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
MattJ Offline
Free Rhinoplasty!
Prolific

Bodiharma -

We usually do single hand Chi Sao (both sides, of course). We have done double hand a few times, and Chor Ma once or twice.

We use a BJJ based groundfighting program.

#138135 - 05/11/05 04:05 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
Ace Offline

CQC-close quarter combat... Hubad- opponent feads a right habd hammer strike to kneck, you block, pass,pin to chest, then you feed attack. Speed it up and then insert a diffrent attack to see if opponent can naturally react. not at all like che sau really, but still a sensitivety drill. Chin Na has other aspects to it as well though....

#138136 - 05/11/05 04:59 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
Bodiharma Offline

that donest seem like sensitivity training, more of a blocking drill.

#138137 - 05/11/05 06:42 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
Ace Offline

No, its sensitivity, because its all very fast and you must notice the smallest changes to be able to block in time. It is used in Kali i believe, and would be classed as a sensitivity drill by most instructors. It isnt rea;lly like what it sounds like, but thats probably the only way to explain it without showing you.

#138138 - 05/11/05 07:26 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Ace]
Bodiharma Offline

i think i know what you mean now, theres a drill like that called bong sau/lop sau drill, its more of a timing / co-ordination drill, yet it does train sensitivity as well

very useful!

#138139 - 05/11/05 04:49 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
etaks86 Offline

in my own opinion. i do not think that it's simply bruce lee's interpretation of wing chun kuen i believe it's bruce lee's interpretation of him self and his own way of fighting that other people could learn from and maybe have a better understanding of how to fight or just a guide to improve your way of fighting. also he was just helping people to understand how to be like the nature of water in a fight or life. you know to adapt and be instinctive in nature, the way you are until styles and programing and reprograming disrupt the natural process of your mind and body as a whole , eventrully slowing your reaction time down and limiting your mind or better yet constructing restriction a box and chains to bind your self in and, refrain you from being your true self in a fight. anyway if anyone does not believe this way like me then don't be offended i'm just speaking my opinon on the matter. also since i am natural and move where ever god and my instincts take me then i guess the mind is always in a mode of a adaptive state when it comes to someone's opinon's, what is my opinon today could become your's tomorrow or a month from now or years from now and what i now think will eventrully change at least to some degree because people's opinon's and thought's are like the wind, today they blow against you but tomorrow they may be your friend. when i say this i just mean that the way people think is always changing with every fact and or event that happens in life may change your current train of thought.

#138140 - 05/11/05 05:01 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
etaks86 Offline

yes i agree with you the sensitivity trainging that is used in jkd it seems more like drills but it really trains you both in the drills and your sensitivity.

#138141 - 05/14/05 04:39 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Bodiharma]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
What Bruce's JKD was shouldnt dictate what yours becomes. Bruce, at his best, was using Wing Chun and western boxing combined with a small working knowledge of Muay Thai and TKD. Consider that now most JKD guy use the boxing and Muay Thai and skip the other two. Bruces footwork, such as seen on film, was really just a mockery of Ali. He was largely biased to Wing Chun due to his longtime involvement in it meanwhile preaching the whole time to others to let go of biased thought processes. He was also biased to flashy tkd style kicking due to his involvement with Joon Rhee. When he passed, he left JKD a very incomplete system. Most likely on purpose. This way the student would, in theory, be free from tradition and find his own path, and now his path has nearly become tradition.

#138142 - 05/14/05 02:50 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Chen Zen]
Fluid_Motion Offline

huh? JKD - WC, B, Fencing primarily. incomplete? NO

#138143 - 05/14/05 10:36 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Fluid_Motion]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Incomplete if thats all you are doing, yes. Most of WC has been dropped from the curriculum as well as alot of the fencing ideas. WC,Boxing, Fencing- wheres the ground game at? You need more than that. Thats the reason JKD was left as it was. Bruce was done writing about JKD before he passed. He didnt want to leave a definate path for people to follow so that eventually they would create their own. His books and commentarie werent about the path but the destination

#138144 - 05/15/05 06:11 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Chen Zen]
etaks86 Offline

yes i think one of lee's idea's in my opinon is that he wanted people's jkd to be their own and not like his. i think that he didn't want people doing his art the same as him because jkd it's self i think has alot to do with being yourself and not just copying someones moves. because if you just copy what lee did then your going against what jkd stands for which i think is nature ( the state of being natural or in jkd the state of being yourself ), adaptive ( to change in order to improve your state and or to survive), instinct ( to punch,block,kick,evade or act without thought- or to attack, defend, or evade in reaction to anothers action without thought being processed ). i know these are not the way alot of people would define these words but i think that maybe this is close to how these words should be applied in jkd. anyway since noone is the same then the way you fight should fit your needs and who you are. the truth is, is that people can not be other people they can only be who they are. so if you try to be someone else or try to get their moves just right, it will not work good for you because it's not you. it's unnatural to try to copy something that just is not you and since it's not part of who you are it will never work well for you. anyway the main idea behide jkd is to be yourself, take what you already know about fighting and add, when you need more and when you need less subtract, to keep improving yourself and your way of fighting to add what works for you and to substract what does not work for you. somewhere in all of this adding and substracting you will grow more into yourself as a martial artist. so that's all from me for the moment so peace and i hope everyone has a good day.

#138145 - 05/15/05 12:49 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: etaks86]
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Not bad at all.

Too many people worry about what Bruce did or didnt do. Are you Bruce? Do you train nearly as fervently as Bruce did? Are you in the same physical shape as Bruce and just as fast as him too?

Do you own thing. It'll prove to be much more effective.

#138146 - 05/15/05 08:39 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Chen Zen]
etaks86 Offline

thanks it feels good to find people that share some of the same opinons i have on jkd and other subjects. so peace to all.

#138147 - 05/20/05 07:03 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: etaks86]
Rumble Offline

In my opinion JKD is more of a concept then a style.

ABSORB WHAT IS USEFUL
REJECT WHAT IS USELESS
ADD WHAT IS ESSENTIAL YOUR OWN

Also another advice my Sifu gave me was its not the art or concept that makes the person its the person that makes the art,concept or whatever you want to call it.

#138148 - 05/23/05 10:51 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Rumble]
etaks86 Offline

yes i agree. but i don't really call things concepts because it shouldn't be a concept it's how people are natural in their life anyway people absorb what they feel is useful to them and reject what they don't think is useful to them so it's just saying to do what people have always naturally done anyway it just applies it to martial arts which it's already how you are in life so just be your self in martial arts the same as you are in life, i mean if someone watched tv or read a book explaining how to do something the person would naturally absord the useful and reject what is useless to them it's just saying to be how you natural are anyway.

#138149 - 05/23/05 05:17 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: etaks86]
Rumble Offline

A concept is like a abstract idea or theory. The reason why Bruce Lee stresses this alot is because other styles tend to make there art or style become law like the gospel truth in which you cannot change that technique because its been passed down from generation to generation. Alot of students in different arts or styles will believe this as truth and not have the knowledge or confidence to challege there masters beliefs in what works for them and doesnt work for them and will absorb both the good with the bad and not be willing to challenge that concept or theory.

#138150 - 05/23/05 08:28 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Rumble]
etaks86 Offline

yes i know i just don't call it a concept. if i were alive when tai chi was made up i would have called that an concept because it's not natural or instinctive, i don't call jkd a concept because it's about being natural and instinctive and adaptive which is how people are by nature. i'm not saying that it's wrong to call it a concept because it's not but to me it's just not a word i would use to explain jkd.

#138151 - 05/31/05 10:19 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: etaks86]
etaks86 Offline

I think i would like to add more to this topic of jkd. To me jeet kuen do was bruce lee's expression of himself. And also maybe he closed his school's because he saw that people were not expressing their self but only doing what lee did. Also he was showing people that traditional martial arts should not be the end all be all. He was not only shareing the chinese culture with people in his own way he was also showing people that martial arts should be about the process not the product. people now days have become the product of those who sell pretty movements that may have worked well at one time but now are complex and stale. for something to work well it must be simple. for example a knife is not pretty and is not complex it does what it was made for, and it does it very well. for example the pulley one of the greatest inventions ever and yet look how simple it is, the simplicity of it's design is why it works so well and will always be used until the end of this world. martial arts are the same, i'm not saying that it is wrong to learn martial forms all i'm saying is only use what is basic and simple from the art the rest is just a waste of energy. In other words i'm not saying not to learn some forms i'm just saying only keep from those forms that which will work for you in real life fights. that is if your training for self defence reasons. anyway i hope my opinons do not offend because they shouldn't everyone does not think the same and you should not be offended if someone does not agree with you. peace

#138152 - 06/06/05 05:46 PM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Rumble]
Chief Offline
Stranger

I think the concept of finding ones own way and not following Buddha, or Krishnamurti or Bruce Lee is as outworn as the very thing it warns against. It sounds cool but ultimately we all need help getting there, which is why we seek their teaching. I am learning JKD and so far its all drill and repetitive practice. Without it I think if I were unleashed on an opponent it would be the combative equivalent of my personal life without the benefits of spirituality: I may not be a perfect human being but Id be a damned sight worse without it. In other words left to my own devices Id get my arse kicked 9 times out of 10.

#138153 - 06/11/05 07:23 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Rumble]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
Katas and "dissolving the principle". Surely that is a good illustration. Of course you aint gonna start doing a kata in a biker bar (why is it always the poor bikers who have to get tested) but you'll find, on reflection, that you used part of a kata (technique,focus, speed etc) in your application. You probably weren't aware of it at the time.
You'd absorbed the principal through ages of training and dissolved it so it spread through you and appeared when you needed it, almost instinctively.

If your trad art doesn't have a technique you feel you need then find it and incorporate it into your arsenal... this is what wise MAists have always done. JKD is just a philosophy of what has always been done by those who are aware of what they need.

Incidentally, review your ideas of kata. What is a phase 4 if it isn't kata? What is shadow boxing if it isn't free-form kata.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#138154 - 06/14/05 03:27 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: Chief]
etaks86 Offline

well i'm not going to go in to a chat about people's path and all that but for the records i believe in and let jesus guide me in life. i let bruce lee's words guide me own how to make myself more effective in a fight.

#138155 - 06/14/05 05:09 AM Re: Confused about JKD??? [Re: etaks86]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
I wonder if biker forums have quotes like, "Huh, try riding your Harley in a karate school and see where it gets you..."

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga