FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
ergees 2
Victor Smith 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35583 Topics
432511 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#137228 - 01/26/05 08:28 AM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by mantisparty:
Plasma Sabre or Vigorian Flails for racking up fat combos.[/QUOTE]

Don't you mean phat? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

I'd say Sniper or Beam Rifle in the larger maps, or the Energy Sword closer in so I can do that little "zippy thing" and kill them in one hit. Unless they have an overshield, of course.

Top
#137229 - 01/26/05 04:47 PM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
sunspots Offline
oldtimer/newbie
Enthusiast

Registered: 05/02/03
Posts: 650
Loc: Southern Oregon, USA
whitedragon_48: Have you ever done any training with Mr. Mike Pick? (Apologies, I don't remember his correct title at the moment.) I took a knife-fighting seminar with him at last years' Long Beach Internationals, and learned a lot. If you ever have the opportunity, please take it to meet this gentleman, I think you would enjoy it.

My favorite weapons? To watch, my Sifu's katana and wakasashi. To perform myself, Ma Do or Horse Knife. For practicality; a good staff, or similar substitute.

sunspots (also an American Kenpo practitioner)

Top
#137230 - 01/26/05 05:32 PM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
Anonymous
Unregistered


Wakasashi... I don't know why, i just like it more than any martial weapon i've ever used. A close second is a Clamore. You hold up whatever weapon you want and chances are i can smash through it with a Clamore. By saying this i'm not saying that its a better weapon than others i'm just saying its big, heavy and very deadly if you know what your doing.

Top
#137231 - 01/26/05 10:48 PM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by sunspots:
whitedragon_48: Have you ever done any training with Mr. Mike Pick? (Apologies, I don't remember his correct title at the moment.) I took a knife-fighting seminar with him at last years' Long Beach Internationals, and learned a lot. If you ever have the opportunity, please take it to meet this gentleman, I think you would enjoy it.

My favorite weapons? To watch, my Sifu's katana and wakasashi. To perform myself, Ma Do or Horse Knife. For practicality; a good staff, or similar substitute.

sunspots (also an American Kenpo practitioner)
[/QUOTE]

Salutations!

No, unfortunately, I could not go to Long Beach last year because of work. I haven't had the pleasure to study with Mr. Pick. I did (and do) study under Prof. Michael Cruz, a direct student of Master Larry Tatum.

Yours in the Spirit of the Warrior-Scholar,

Carlos Roman, H.I. American Kenpo Karate Studios
Orlando, FL

Top
#137232 - 01/27/05 10:13 AM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
sunspots Offline
oldtimer/newbie
Enthusiast

Registered: 05/02/03
Posts: 650
Loc: Southern Oregon, USA
whitedragon_48,

Perhaps you will get to go to Long Beach this year, and we will meet!

I did take a seminar with Mr. Tatum at last years' Internationals (just after Mr. Pick's seminar, actually) and found it very helpful. We were just working on techniques that different people were having trouble with, and when Mr. Tatum knew that "Circling Destruction" was a weak one for me, he called me to the front of the group and gave me about 5 minutes of one-on-one help. I felt very honored.

Salutation and Respects,

sunspots

Top
#137233 - 01/28/05 03:05 AM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
Reiki Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 05/30/02
Posts: 3400
Loc: MiddleEarth
I prefer a stick of any length - arnis stick, jo or bo and/or a whip.

I'm quite handy with all of them. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Also I can carry any of these around without being arrested. Handguns are illegal here and you can't go carrying any sorts of guns or knives around in public.

Top
#137234 - 01/28/05 05:01 AM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reiki:
I prefer a stick of any length - arnis stick, jo or bo and/or a whip.

I'm quite handy with all of them. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Also I can carry any of these around without being arrested. Handguns are illegal here and you can't go carrying any sorts of guns or knives around in public.
[/QUOTE]


umm?? so cops can search you for no reason in your country ??
glad I don't live there [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

and I doubt u can walk down a street with a beretta in your hand in the USA hehe
not like irak where civilians run around like insect and holding a ak-47 :b

I am not alowed to cary knives that has alonger blade than 6cm or any firearms, hard to even get to training with a pellet gun hehe
but who cares?, the cops are afraid so you have to take care of your self
I carry weapons all the time, like I care if it is legal or not, thives don't, killers don't, why should I then ? I whoo are the one protecting my self or someone I care about

Top
#137235 - 01/28/05 10:17 PM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by sunspots:
whitedragon_48,

Perhaps you will get to go to Long Beach this year, and we will meet!

I did take a seminar with Mr. Tatum at last years' Internationals (just after Mr. Pick's seminar, actually) and found it very helpful. We were just working on techniques that different people were having trouble with, and when Mr. Tatum knew that "Circling Destruction" was a weak one for me, he called me to the front of the group and gave me about 5 minutes of one-on-one help. I felt very honored.

Salutation and Respects,

sunspots
[/QUOTE]

Salutations!

I will try to go this year. have a lot of proyects lined up but I'll try my best to assist. I'm currently working on my 4th degree BB test for next month. Ironically, I'll be doing a lot of knife and stick work.

Yours in the Spirit of the Warrior-Scholar,

Carlos Roman, H.I. American Kenpo Karate Studios
Orlando, FL

Top
#137236 - 01/29/05 12:01 AM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
Anonymous
Unregistered


I allways thought Bojutsu Polls were cool!
I just want your opinion on peoples favorite martial arts wepons. Mine are sais! Whats yours? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/confused.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Top
#137237 - 01/29/05 01:28 AM Re: what's your FAVORITE wepon?
Anonymous
Unregistered


best weapon? A Mintueman ICBM or Tomohawk (can be nuclear tipped for just a little extra "kick")! lol! What kind of weapon are we talking about?

Top
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >


Moderator:  Cord, MattJ, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

 

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga