FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#136441 - 04/14/05 02:24 PM Re: Every single person who knows JKD, post here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

to answer your original question yes i have used it in the streets, and it has worked but jkd is not for everybody, if you prefer an offense based art then i highly recommend it cuz its street effective, but if your more defense oriented i would suggest karate or tae kwon do, remember all arts are great its the practicioner that makes or breaks them.

#136442 - 04/14/05 04:26 PM Re: Every single person who knows JKD, post here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Oozuru:
I wanna see just how many people here actually know and use the principles.[/QUOTE]

I person must learn how trap, parry, foot work, take down, internal power drill. This is what we start a new student out doing, then we add kicks, boxing,ground fighting,ect. I teach orginal JKD as a start to the students, then I add from the other arts. then each student puts together what works for them. Rick Mullinax

#136443 - 04/15/05 03:09 PM Re: Every single person who knows JKD, post here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, brand new to forum, and almost fainted when I saw this site. I have just started JKD, in a place that also teaches Kali-Escrima along side of it. Is there a place on the forums where I can introduce myself and have a few questions answered?

#136444 - 04/15/05 05:01 PM Re: Every single person who knows JKD, post here.
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rayman452:
Is there a place on the forums where I can introduce myself and have a few questions answered?[/QUOTE]

Feel free to do so right here! We're more than happy to assist.

-John

#136445 - 04/16/05 11:15 AM Re: Every single person who knows JKD, post here.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you mean like post in the forum, or post in this topic? I wouldnt want to flood this thread, but if thats what you mean, ill accept. Basically, Im going to go reading these forums for a few days to see what the general attitude is here, so I can fit in better. But a little about myself before I go browsing these forums.

I am a 14 year old Canadian guy with only around 2 years of Wing Chun training when I was young. I have recently started JKD and Kali-Escrima at a small club around my house. From what I hear, the place I go to is not a "McDojo"(meaning belts have to be earned?). The Canadian Athlete whom went to South Africa (Ill get his name) goes there to spar on the open gym days, and told my parents that that place is good and my Sifu is very good. The classes are relitivitly small, with only 5 people in my class now, and 15ish people in the other class. The club name is Point Blank, and my Sifu trained with Sifu/Kru Bobby Giordano and Richard Bustillo. If you want, I could show you our website. Question being here is, is this a good place jsut by the looks of it? Do any of you guys know how far up this training could take me? I really want to go to compition, such as UFC, although it sounds far fetched. Any comments here for me, or should I go join another club which teaches Olympic Style TKD?

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga