FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#136279 - 01/25/05 09:13 PM Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi there,
I am relatively new to martial arts appriciation, I.e. I have only really been watching Martial arts films such as Enter the dragon, crouching tiger hidden dsragon, once upon a time in china etc for about a year or two now.
In all these films I admire the corriography of the fighters and more then any I have come to respect both Bruce Lee and Jet Li more then any other martial arts practicioner I have seen.
My main thoughts are however, how trained and what reactions did the two of these guys have in terms of real full contact fighting, does the corography show the best or the worst of them, are their staggering moves down to just good design.
Any way my main question is that with your guys experience is there any way you can direct me on ways how to find recordings of fights involving Jet-Li and Bruce Lee and their abilities in fighting a real fight.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any replies will be appriciated!!!

#136280 - 01/26/05 11:06 AM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Anonymous
Unregistered

im not sure about bruce lee ahving any of his fights taped but i think jet li did in the early days ill see if i can fnd one for you

#136281 - 01/26/05 11:42 AM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That would be REALLY great of you, thanks so much... Jet Li is my fave martial artist ever, Bruce Lee was good as well but I am not so sure about his personality, Jet-Li is much more of a sort of Fans guy if you know what I mean.
Would be more then cool to see some fights he has been in, also what about Jackie Chan? I think I read he never really fought? hmm

Thanks AGAIN!!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

#136282 - 01/26/05 01:20 PM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Anonymous
Unregistered

well if you read bruce lees books and watch his docos you will see he had allot of street fights. so how can you record street fights? thats one of the reasons his parents shiped him to america, because he was getting into to much trouble in hong kong with fighting. and at the time in america they didn't have full contact tornaments, it was all point sparring no conctact, he didn't believe in that kind of fighting, and being a champion in the ring does not mean anything, there are to types of training either for the streets or for the ring.

#136283 - 01/26/05 02:47 PM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Reaka the thing bout Jet Li is that he trains hard but he does this solely for his career as a movie star and admits that he wouldnt be any good in a real fightas had no experience there. That doesnt doesnt mean hes a bad martial artist just not a good fighter (if u dont consider those things to be one and the same). Bruce Lee on the other hand was pretty good at fighting (arguable to many people on this forum) but i doubt that any of his real fight videos are avaiable as if these did exist Im sure they would be very very widespread and well known and not just on some random sites. There are however demonstratiosn that he did that arent part of any films and u can find these on nay doc regarding JKD. Or even a website have small compositions i think theres one on a site called www.jeetkunedo.narod.ru somewhere (in a foreign language)it also contains other other vids of people doing JKD, quite a few actually. The vid shows him doing the one inch punch a few times on some karetka, making a wing chun guy look silly on the pak sao, breaking a few boards, pulling a few forms and things (his early days for the job interview), pulling off two finger push ups (on one hand that is by the way (whattaguy!!!)) a little sparring in full padding with some karateka, a flash of him directing someone how to kick in enter the dragon, they show him in his coffin a tthe end (bit unneccessary IMO), and all this is with loud dance music in the back (accept no substitutes!). Also got (from cant remember where) a speed demonstration video Bruce punched with a quater of an inch of a karatekas face a few times and even in slow motion the punch you could just tell was very very quick. Check those out for inspiration. Hes top, what dont u like about his personality, hes bubbly....
I think Jackies a good fighter and trained extrememly well back in the day though Im not entirely sure about this on mpeg for our convenience.
Another thing is that the way these people fight in real life (i know for sure for bruce and jet li only knows this way of fighting) is different to the way they would fight in real life and this is simply to sell the films and make them pretty you see. Bruce gave the audience what they wanted, so not only the martial artist audience would appreciate what he was doing. Bruce incorporated a larger proportion of kicks in films (especially those directed to the facial region) and less close range punching and so on which isnt eye candy..... thats why u dont get wing chun movies smashing the boxoffice (or existingfor that matter). (Im not taking a shot at wing chun, some beleive real kung fu is not beautiful). Also in his books he said that sweep kicks (the ones that sweep across from lef to right in the right stance) are rarely used in JKD as lack power but look good in film, and watching the films he sweep kicks karateka in all directions in all his films. Hes also faster in real life as people wouldnt be able to catch everything in full speed, though this might only be in the scene of him vs. kareem in game of death(u want to be checking that film out if u havent already reala, actually it comes on a dosumentry dvd called 'bruce lee: a warriors journey' that contains some of the training videos that exist of him too).
SO their moves are real though in real life they might decide to use more devasting and rational attacks that are less pretty.
If ur interested in martial arts i suggest u follow them, im not gnna get into styles but (JKD JKD JKD ! ! !(not a style ahem))!! in my local slang..... martial art pursual is the BUSINESS!!

I hope this post gets no hostile comments for any comments on it......... Ayub

#136284 - 01/27/05 08:29 AM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ops read wrong

[This message has been edited by dpstudio (edited 01-27-2005).]

#136285 - 01/27/05 10:18 AM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
The improtant thing for new people to remember is that alot of what you see in the movies is simply Hollywood. Now, while they might be used in a real confrontation, there are much simpler,, more effective ways of doing things.

As for "REAL" fight vids, I dont know of an but thats ok. Ive seen the demonstrations (Bruce's) and that was enough to sell me on his abilities as a martial arts technician. Rather that means he can fight is debatable but I think it would at least give him a good chance of success.

#136286 - 01/27/05 01:41 PM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Anonymous
Unregistered

As for "REAL" fight vids, I dont know of an but thats ok. Ive seen the demonstrations (Bruce's) and that was enough to sell me on his abilities as a martial arts technician. Rather that means he can fight is debatable but I think it would at least give him a good chance of success.

Chen Zen you just condradicted your self. here is another quote

Before any of you post on how great he was in the ring or on the street ask yourself one thing first: Was I there? Do I know for fact or did I just hear this on some site or from some fan?

having a discussion on Bruce's abil;ities is like having a discussion on whether God truly exists. People believe what they will and wont be swayed one way or the other. Therefore discussion is pointless. The mans dead and gone. Let him rest.

First of all, his abilities are questionable. He had no Professional fights. No one here ever worked directly with Bruce. So we have no concrete evidence for his abilities.

one min you say that his abilities are questionable and the next your saying
that his abilities have sold you?. and your saying its debatible if he can fight, thats like saying the samurai warriors can they fight? was i there? they had no recorded fights...

do you believe in einstein theory? they could have been someone elses? where we there?(just an example)

#136287 - 01/27/05 03:50 PM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FCFS:

Chen Zen you just condradicted your self. here is another quote

Before any of you post on how great he was in the ring or on the street ask yourself one thing first: Was I there? Do I know for fact or did I just hear this on some site or from some fan?

having a discussion on Bruce's abil;ities is like having a discussion on whether God truly exists. People believe what they will and wont be swayed one way or the other. Therefore discussion is pointless. The mans dead and gone. Let him rest.

First of all, his abilities are questionable. He had no Professional fights. No one here ever worked directly with Bruce. So we have no concrete evidence for his abilities.

one min you say that his abilities are questionable and the next your saying
that his abilities have sold you?. and your saying its debatible if he can fight, thats like saying the samurai warriors can they fight? was i there? they had no recorded fights...

do you believe in einstein theory? they could have been someone elses? where we there?(just an example)

[/QUOTE]

Its one thing to say" I think he can fight"
Its a wholly different deal to say I know he can fight. That was why I asked the things I did. It was due to the discussion at hand on whether he could beat another MA or if he was the best ever. Looking at the thoughts and actions and saying I think is one thing. Listening to rumors and stories and saying I know is totally different and not a smart thing to do.

#136288 - 01/28/05 12:27 PM Re: Did Bruce Lee or Jet Li have any of their fights recorded?
Anonymous
Unregistered

true, so linda lee, chuck norris, dan inosanto, kareem, so why do you think all those people saw bruce back in the day say all those things about bruce? what do you think, at the time he was one of the best. but now days with all the cross training people do how would bruce go against them? its a hard one

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga