FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Thomas_Kungfu, traa1, JohnRay50, nogibjjgear, Jrogers001
23250 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
traa1 1
liangxiaoyu123 1
Thomas_Kungfu 1
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
differences between shaolin and wing chun ?
by liangxiaoyu123
04/28/20 01:05 AM
Recent Posts
differences between shaolin and wing chun ?
by liangxiaoyu123
04/28/20 01:05 AM
Forum Stats
23250 Members
36 Forums
35704 Topics
432774 Posts

Max Online: 488 @ 01/23/20 01:55 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#136265 - 02/24/05 02:21 AM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JKogas:

That wouldn't make any sense. If you can't fight within the rules, you'll not do any better when there aren't any. I just don't buy the notion that "rules" have any influence on one's ability to "perform". If you can perform, you can perform and it doesn't matter what environment you're performing within. A JKD fighter is supposed to be adaptable to any and every circumstance anyway...

...As far as TKD having any success; any "pure" TKD fighter wouldn't have much of a chance.

-John
[/QUOTE]

Ok, lets make it interesting then. A JKD fighter vs a TKD fighter, in an Olympic TKD rules match... who would win?

#136266 - 02/24/05 04:45 AM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
The person who best prepared for the event. It would probably be the TKD guy because the JKD guy would probably get disqualified.

j/k

The person who was more prepared would likely have the advantage. Isn't the sensible to think?

Of course, I don't really think of Olympic TKD as fighting. It's more like a game of tag we played as children. Who would win a game of tag? Anyone who was able to make contact the most times and say "you're it".

-John

#136267 - 02/24/05 06:13 AM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JKogas:
The person who best prepared for the event. It would probably be the TKD guy because the JKD guy would probably get disqualified.

j/k

The person who was more prepared would likely have the advantage. Isn't the sensible to think?

Of course, I don't really think of Olympic TKD as fighting. It's more like a game of tag we played as children. Who would win a game of tag? Anyone who was able to make contact the most times and say "you're it".

-John
[/QUOTE]

lol

Thats only because they are good, and the scoring system has gotten lax. WTF is full contact.

Btw I absolutely agree, he who is most prepared will win... kinda negates the whole one style beats another argument doesnt it?

#136268 - 02/28/05 04:06 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a TKD practitioner I'd have to go with JKD. JKD training generally involves much boader training than TKD. Now throw in Hapkido and you've got a very even match.

I'm just talking techniques here. And assuming all other things are equal in this matchup.

Take someone trained in hand and foot striking and match him with someone trained in essentially the same hand and foot strikes but also in grappling, throwing, locking, etc. Obviously the second guy is going to have a large advantage. Simple as that.

#136269 - 03/02/05 02:30 AM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Dfox Offline

Loc: place,colorado,usa
aw man what the... I was told no one style is going to be totally effective or efficient for you whether its sport or real fighting unless you made the style yourself. I never took TKD but I dont think there is enough where when and why in tkd

[This message has been edited by Dfox (edited 03-02-2005).]

#136270 - 03/02/05 05:32 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

Having done TKD for quite a long time, I'd have to say the only thing determining whether the TKD guy would have a chance would be whether he had good punches (yes we can also punch).

I personally think the best techniques in TKD are punches, elbows (to the chin/temple/floating-rib), knees (solar plexus) and kicks (knee height).

That said, most people do not train these techniques in TKD.

Also the lack of grappling would have to be compensated for unless the TKD guy was above 2nd Dan and not from a McDoujang.

If he does get a kick to contact though (as if) it'll hurt like hell.

#136271 - 03/04/05 03:38 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

What motive these art vs art quarrels really drive? http://www.sulis.net/itfwtf.htm

#136272 - 03/06/05 05:44 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neonomide:
What motive these art vs art quarrels really drive? http://www.sulis.net/itfwtf.htm [/QUOTE]

good

#136273 - 04/04/05 07:29 AM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

very good ;-) I like that...

#136274 - 04/14/05 02:32 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

your question is a weird one but if there both at the top of their game the better conditioned athlete or fighter would have the advantage if both martial artists are exceptional it all comes down to conditioning, anyone who thinks one art is better than the other is very immature in the martial arts and hasnt learned that its not the art but the practicioner that makes or breaks the arts reputation.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga