FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Thomas_Kungfu, traa1, JohnRay50, nogibjjgear, Jrogers001
23250 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
traa1 1
liangxiaoyu123 1
Thomas_Kungfu 1
May
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
differences between shaolin and wing chun ?
by liangxiaoyu123
04/28/20 01:05 AM
Recent Posts
differences between shaolin and wing chun ?
by liangxiaoyu123
04/28/20 01:05 AM
Forum Stats
23250 Members
36 Forums
35704 Topics
432774 Posts

Max Online: 488 @ 01/23/20 01:55 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#136255 - 01/25/05 12:14 PM JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

which do you think is better in a MMA contest TKD or JKD.

personally i think JKD as it has a lot of different concepts making its structure but i'd like to now what you think

#136256 - 01/25/05 01:46 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

Depends on the practitioner and so on...............

Stay away from the word 'better'. Also if one was able to address the question,Ayub JKD is different from person to person so can't be compared to anything as a whole anyways.

#136257 - 01/25/05 01:53 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

please disregard my name in there.....

#136258 - 01/26/05 01:33 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

each persons diffrent. so you can't say one style is better than the other they all have good points and bad points.just say both fighters are perfect in there style, take away the hands of both oponents and i'd say the tkd fighter would have a good chance of winning, take away the legs the jkd figher would have a good chance of winning. who knows?

#136259 - 01/26/05 03:02 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Chang Wufei Offline

Loc: Spokane, WA
I'm not going into the whole style-slanting deal, God knows we have all had our share of that, but...

In a mixed martial arts competition, given that the two practitioners are at the same level of their styles, and relatively same physical condition, Jeet Kune Do would make a mockery out of Tae Kwon Do.

#136260 - 01/27/05 10:22 AM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chang Wufei:
I'm not going into the whole style-slanting deal, God knows we have all had our share of that, but...

In a mixed martial arts competition, given that the two practitioners are at the same level of their styles, and relatively same physical condition, Jeet Kune Do would make a mockery out of Tae Kwon Do.
[/QUOTE]

As a former TKD artist before moving to JKD, I agree. My TKD was very, very good, but nothing like my JKD training. However, a real JKD guy isnt going to enter a contest with rules as it goes against his style.

#136261 - 01/29/05 05:38 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

Although it does come down to the individual, let's just say my money would be on the JKD guy.

#136262 - 02/21/05 01:50 PM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

no no ive got it, who would win in a fight, a wild polar bear, or a polar bear from the zoo. A fighter, or a guy wha has forgotten how to fight and was retaught by someone who has no idea how a polar bear fights?

#136263 - 02/22/05 02:15 AM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by martialway:
no no ive got it, who would win in a fight, a wild polar bear, or a polar bear from the zoo. A fighter, or a guy wha has forgotten how to fight and was retaught by someone who has no idea how a polar bear fights?[/QUOTE]

The polar bear from the zoo, because it is so pissed of and it lets all the aggression out on the wild polar bear. Also in the zoo it had plenty of time to practice martial arts because food was handed to it :-)

#136264 - 02/22/05 04:11 AM Re: JKD vs. TKD?????
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
I take the notion that a JKD practitioner should be able to fight in ANY environment. That would mean, he should be able to fight with rules or WITHOUT rules and be able to perform just as well.

It would be a silly notion to say, "well, I can't fight well within the rules because I would get my butt kicked. But without rules, watch out".

That wouldn't make any sense. If you can't fight within the rules, you'll not do any better when there aren't any. I just don't buy the notion that "rules" have any influence on one's ability to "perform". If you can perform, you can perform and it doesn't matter what environment you're performing within. A JKD fighter is supposed to be adaptable to any and every circumstance anyway.

Some would argue (and I would be one of them) that many of fighters within the UFC are already "JKD" guys.

As far as TKD having any success; any "pure" TKD fighter wouldn't have much of a chance.

-John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga