FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Thomas_Kungfu, traa1, JohnRay50, nogibjjgear, Jrogers001
23250 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Thomas_Kungfu 1
traa1 1
June
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
Recent Posts
Forum Stats
23250 Members
36 Forums
35704 Topics
432774 Posts

Max Online: 488 @ 01/23/20 01:55 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#135962 - 04/21/05 07:36 AM Re: FAO: MAgon/ Takezo-Musashi
Anonymous
Unregistered

<Qoute> Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Genshin, or as he is commonly known Miyamoto Musashi, was born in the village called Miyamoto in the province Mimasaka in 1584. "Musashi" is the name of an area south-west of Tokyo, and the appellation "No Kami" means noble person of the area, while "Fujiwara" is the name of a noble family foremost in Japan over a thousand years ago.

Musashi's ancestors were a branch of the powerful Harima clan in Kyushu, the souther island of Japan. Hirada Shokan, his grandfather, was a retainer of Shinmen Iga No Kami Sudeshige, the lord of Takeyama castle.<unquote>

Go here ;-) ... http://www.samurai.com/5rings/transintro/life.html

Btw I'm wondering what this has to do with the principles of JKD? :-p

I thought this has to do with the book of 5 rings, etc...

Grtz Randy

#135963 - 04/22/05 03:17 AM Re: FAO: MAgon/ Takezo-Musashi
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Actually, it has to do with a comment made by MAGon to me in another thread a while back.

#135964 - 04/22/05 06:53 AM Re: FAO: MAgon/ Takezo-Musashi
MAGon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Miami, Fl.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chen Zen:
Actually, it has to do with a comment made by MAGon to me in another thread a while back.[/QUOTE]

Jeez! I'd forgotten this thread! Somebody resurrected it?
Chen, I'd totally forgotten I owed you Musashi's name late in life. I think one of the guys might've gotten it right in one of the posts, but I have doubts because I remember being struck by how different from the original the one he was using at the time of his death was. Problem is, I can't find my copy of the "Go Rin No Sho", darn it!! It was to be found in the prologue.
I'll keep looking.

#135965 - 05/04/05 10:38 AM Re: FAO: MAgon/ Takezo-Musashi [Re: MAGon]
Tashigae Offline
Mister Bendy

Loc: Samarobriva, Gallia
If I remember right, the name he signed Gorin-no-Sho was "Shimmen-Musashi-no-Kami-Fujiwara-no-Genshin". Not 100% sure though, because I currently live far from home (thus from my library, thus from my Gorin-no-sho). I think Miyamoto was the name of the village where he grew up, and Shimmen the name of a daimyo who allowed him to use it as his own, as a sign of respect and admiration. Can't remember about the rest.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga