FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
Marcus Charles 1
TooNice 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Today at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#135908 - 12/10/04 05:19 PM First wrestling tournament
Christiancadet Offline
Enthusiast

Had my first wresting match, wrestled at 130, lost 5-2 his lead after he pinned me in the first period. That's what happens when you wrestle with one months of actual wrestling experience for a school that has been built for 2 days prior to the start of the school year [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] . Our team did well over all, and we actually would have won the match had it not been for our four empty weight classes (they gain six points for every empty weight class). When our first guy went out there, the other team was laughing and seeming to think that it was going to be an easy victory. After their first two guys got pinned off of one shot apiece they seemed to take it seriously.
All I can remember about my fight was that I shot in first, and I was bleeding from the face at the end. From the video I saw that I had a good double leg, but then I got the McNizzum crossfaced out of me. Got another match next week, and am hoping to do better, not likely though as I'm in the toughest district in the state.

Edit: Here is what we go up against in our district, we are going to LOSE. http://greatbridgewrestling.com/HighSchoolInformationalpage.htm

[This message has been edited by Christiancadet (edited 12-10-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Christiancadet (edited 12-10-2004).]

#135909 - 12/10/04 09:23 PM Re: First wrestling tournament
Anonymous
Unregistered

Better luck next time. In another thread, cross training I think it was, you called me on missing the fact that you originally mentioned your wrestling although in the original you said freestyle not H.S. Varsity and I think H.S. is what I suggested (smile and wink right back at ya). Hey, it's not BJJ but you're learning something there. As said elsewhere, when I was in school we respected the wrestlers more than the football players, karate guys, or street punks. I saw a 130 lb. wrestler mess up a 195 lb. football player tough guy when I was in school. The wrestler shot his legs under a haymaker swing and put the big guy on his back. The resulting smack on the back of the head probably would have been enough but the little guy had to get in a few licks for his own wounded pride. The little guy went on to win region and silvered in state (AA). With the striking techniques you are learning in your TKD/HKD it would be easy for you to transmutate that into the grappling and visa versa.

#135910 - 12/10/04 09:48 PM Re: First wrestling tournament
Christiancadet Offline
Enthusiast

I was under the impression that HS and freestyle wresting were the same thing, aren't the three styles of wrestling Cath, Greco, and Freestyle?

#135911 - 12/10/04 10:02 PM Re: First wrestling tournament
Anonymous
Unregistered

Christiancadet,
To this day you could blindfold me, take me to any school gym in my home town, lay me on my back, take off the blindfold and I can tell you what gym I'm in.

oldman

#135912 - 12/11/04 10:38 PM Re: First wrestling tournament
Anonymous
Unregistered

Perhaps you are right since you are into it. We always refered to it as HS or collegiate wrestling. Forgive me but its been a while since I was in HS. (1980 grad)

#135913 - 12/12/04 01:21 AM Re: First wrestling tournament
Anonymous
Unregistered

Freestyle is different than collegiate (high school) wrestling. You don't have to drop your knee during takedowns, and many illegal holds/takedowns are legalized (even some submissions are allowed for that matter). I found freestyle to be a lot funner, and a bit more useful than collegiate wrestling.

#135914 - 01/17/05 11:19 AM Re: First wrestling tournament
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SifuSkyler:
Freestyle is different than collegiate (high school) wrestling. You don't have to drop your knee during takedowns, and many illegal holds/takedowns are legalized (even some submissions are allowed for that matter). I found freestyle to be a lot funner, and a bit more useful than collegiate wrestling.[/QUOTE]

There is very little difference between folkstyle and freestyle wrestling, most of it pertaining to scoring.

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga