FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
ergees 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#135726 - 11/26/04 09:00 AM Orginal Jeet Kune Do
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi, i am thinking about taking Jeet Kune Do class but i see diffrent versions of it. I see versions like jkd street fighting, jkd concepts, jkd grabbling, and much more. I want to take a class that has Orginal Jeet kune do that bruce lee has tought. I know it has to be one stundent that bruce lee himself has tought is teaching jeet kune do to other teachers, so they can teach students this. So can you guys tell me where can i find orginal jkd training? i have a couple of more questions about jkd
1. does jkd take up neccessary moves from diffrent styles like does it take a little bit of wing chun, judo, kung fu, and more?

2. is jkd more of a self defends, or something else?

3. if i was geting ready to get in a fight with other martial artist, will i have a better chances of getting a few hits in?

4. in jkd, do i have to fight undering 3 mins?

#135727 - 11/26/04 10:06 AM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Finding a JKD school of any worth is a challenge. Finding an "ORiginal" JKD school will be even harder. If you have a "Concepts" school then that should be what you are looking for. While JKD does borrow from other systems it doesnt utilize the techniques in the same manner. It becomes its own technique, used at the pratitioners will, not governed by what someone should do. It is your own interpretation.

#135728 - 11/26/04 11:46 AM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
Anonymous
Unregistered

what about joe lewis or dan inosanto, do they know orginal jkd?

#135729 - 11/26/04 12:03 PM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
Chen Zen Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Ms
Dan does. Joe's JKD history is debatable. But that doesnt matter. The whole object of JKD is too evolve, constantly changing so to become better as an art, and also so not to become a repetitive art and concrete style. Since its evolution JKD has changed many ways. That isnt to say that OJKD isnt good, but the only places that you'll find it is in Bruce's books.

#135730 - 11/26/04 12:32 PM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
Anonymous
Unregistered

whats the diffrents between jeet kune do and jeet kune do concepts?

#135731 - 11/26/04 01:25 PM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
Anonymous
Unregistered

Original / Jun Fun Jeet Kune Do you will not find only in the books, because i am attending JFJKD classes, and it differs from JKD concpets in a sense that it uses original teaching of Bruce Lee as a basis for later personal strategy. Concepts use many different martial arts sycj as Kali, Filipino in general, etc and put it all together. They are all very good schools.

#135732 - 11/26/04 04:37 PM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
Anonymous
Unregistered

so is jun fun jeet kune do is very effective, is it better then the concepts? if i use this will i have do fast exacuting moves?

#135733 - 11/26/04 05:05 PM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raziel:
so is jun fun jeet kune do is very effective, is it better then the concepts? if i use this will i have do fast exacuting moves?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how much time you're willing to invest in training.

Within "most" JKD concepts schools, you'll also learn the "original" (Jun Fan) JKD. Except mine that is...

I have opinions against the original material. Much of it wing chun based and I'm highly skeptical of any of that sort of stuff.

I say this as a person who "used" to train it. Just so you know.

-John

#135734 - 11/27/04 07:30 AM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
Anonymous
Unregistered

hard heard that jeet kune do is extremly good in a street fight,but i never heard anything about jeet kune do being use against praction-ners. If I get into a fight with other another martial artist, is it good for me to use it? and is jeet kune do concepts is better than the ju fan jkd?

#135735 - 11/27/04 08:04 AM Re: Orginal Jeet Kune Do
JKogas Offline
Prolific

Loc: North Carolina
Which is "better" depends on the person doing it.

That said, the method of training becomes important as well. A method more efficiently trained will create a better fighter.

I've experienced both sides of this JKD issue and to be honest, both sides are often not adhering to the underlying JKD philosophies (concepts). I could go into a LONG rant about the approaches that both "camps" take. Let me say that for the most part, the vast majority of JKD schools seem to have forgotten exactly what JKD is or is supposed to be about.

*JKD concepts schools will often not simplify their training approaches. They often aren't training alive either. There is not enough emphasis on actual sparring in many cases (though not all). There is usually too much of an emphasis on "looking good" rather than on "being good". At least they spar to some degree.

*Jun Fan/JKD guys are caught in a time warp and refuse to evolve. These guys often don't train alive EITHER. These guys like to stand around "flat footed" in pigeon-toed stances and practice their "chi sao" in the "trapping range", which is an illusional range to begin with.

We call that range, the range of exchange (ROE). That's NOT a range you want to stay in, in "real" fights. It's definitely not a range you want to try and "trap" an arm in.

Do that sort of thing and developing that sort of practice clearly demonstrates that the people who came up with that, were NOT practicing it "full contact, full power".

They would have easily seen the drawbacks otherwise. That's an example of aliveness NOT being present in training.

Also, the “Original” JKD guys rarely spar, or it’s not highly emphasized. You simply MUST spar, if you want to be any good at fighting. Read that last sentence two more times….

If you haven't guessed yet, "aliveness" is the key. Aliveness means that when you're training (regardless of the technique) you're using real timing, real motion and real resistance.

Aliveness does NOT necessarily mean sparring. Aliveness is also drilling. All your drills should be alive (having those three qualities of timing, motion and resistance).

Now, if about 75% of the JKD concepts schools would train "alive", about that much of their curriculum would "change". It would change either by completely dropping some of what they currently do (such as silat for example).

If ALL of the "Original" (Jun Fan) JKD schools trained alive, the wing chun aspects would fall by the way-side. They would get OUT of their flat footed, pigeon-toed stances and actually MOVE AROUND and, they wouldn't be "stuck" on some curriculum "just because Bruce Lee did it", as if he were some cosmic alien messenger sent from GOD to illustrate "true" martial arts techniques and principles.

In short, they (Original JKD guys) need to "get over it" because really, Bruce was just a "movie star" that never really fought anyone.

Hell, Joe Lewis said that he and Lee never even SPARRED in the two years or so that he trained with him.

That however, doesn't detract from Lee brilliance. However, that brilliance was merely his recognition of the truth. That truth of course, has BEEN around for centuries because in all honesty, there are NO NEW THOUGHTS.

There's nothing new under the sun. Not even JKD, which according to Lee was "Just a name".

There. I'm sure you're MUCH more confident with the decision making process (between Original and Concepts) now aren't you, lol?

You have to first, know what "aliveness" is. THEN you find a school or gym that trains alive. There you will find LIVING, the "real" JKD.

-John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Cord, JKogas, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga