FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
William_Bent 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 17 of 58 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 57 58 >
Topic Options
#13391 - 09/02/04 09:52 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting postings here - just for the record, unless you have a medical reason why you can't kick high, it is impossible to pass a black belt grading without kicking to head height in Bushido.

There seems to be a lot of complete rubbish posted here by people who have absolutely no idea about the school or its teachings (regardless of what they may say).

I'm not calling anyone a liar , but some of the blatantly false comments regarding the school posted here just make me laugh - its easy to slag off something you know nothing about.

It is a quality school, with some awesome guys involved in it. There is no brainwashing involved or any other such rubbish. I'd recommend it to anybody who asked me, no hesitation.

#13392 - 09/02/04 10:08 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hi Therion and Belter

Yet more satisfied customers. Great, and yet again all are glad to hear that you are happy with your training.

Now, what about answering the questions that have been asked. Come on guys, they weren't difficult!

JohnL

[This message has been edited by JohnL (edited 09-02-2004).]

#13393 - 09/02/04 12:01 PM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi John L,

You seem to be missing the point. I donít have answers to the questions youíre asking. I only posted on this site to address remarks made by Kaine26 (sorry for spelling you name wrong previously), to share my views of BAMA.

I donít care about the history of BAMA! Sorry, maybe thatís a mortal sin in martial arts circles. They havenít me told me and I donít care to ask. Iím too concerned with getting the katas right!

All I care about is my training and whether Iím getting value for money, which I believe I am. My body has changed so much for the better over the last 6 months, I can see and feel the difference. Something never achieved in the Gym. Maybe this happens to all new beginners of MA, great for all!

I have no views of Pete Delane because Iíve never met him. If I donít like him, or get a bad feeling from him, then I will not train with him. Simple as that!

Iím happy to make my own mind up about things. To live by experience. From what I see of BAMA, the physical abilities of the instructors, black belts and senior grades, Iím more than happy to continue training.

So sorry I canít help you John L, I just donít have the answers, and by the sounds of it, I probably never willÖnot that I care. Iím there to learn a style of martial arts, not to pass a history test.

#13394 - 09/02/04 12:42 PM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey everyone,
It seems like BAMA is bringing in "their" people to furnish new posts and argue for them. I think the information being exposed on this site must be getting closer and closer to the truth and thus causing a stir amongst the BAMA people.
kell
ps Hurricane Frances is about to hit my area, last time we went 7 days without power....

#13395 - 09/02/04 01:13 PM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kelly, I see that your professional instincts have been piqued as well. Hope you are well and Frances does not do much damage. Be safe.

This is all very interesting!

- KiDoHae

#13396 - 09/02/04 01:37 PM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Bossman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chatham Kent UK
Well... call me a cynic, Belter, registered 2 days ago, no profile, Therion registered today, no profile, more smoke no facts or identities.

We've heard wonderful things from a variety of non identities but still no answers to the original questions.

#13397 - 09/02/04 03:02 PM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hi Therion:

It isn't that we're missing the point, it's just that despite all the protestations of good training and value for money that is put forward, no-one seems to be able or willing to answer the simple questions that are put forward.

Also, you state that you have been training for 6 months. If you are spending 15 pounds for an hours session, I can tell you that you are being over-charged.

There are any number of karateka on this forum with significant experience in MA's throughout the years. All the people with experience agree that something wierd is going on.

The questions need to be answered.

JohnL

#13398 - 09/02/04 03:20 PM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all,

just to begin with a reply to- is out there,
you get paid £5 to teach at shodan until you get a franchise, until you get a franchise thats it, you do not pay to teach.
if you had a franchise working out of another sen's dojo you would pay for the use but the cost is up to the dojo owner.

I'm glad that all of the lower grades that have posted are experiencing good things i would expect nothing less that is if you are not setup's. as you have read the karate has come from j alexander it should be good from my findings. i'm a high grade in the BAMA but not for much longer because of my own belief's and honour system, we are on this forum to find out things to help people to make the right choice if you are happy with your training then great but you won't start to understand what we are talking about until you reach sempai/shodan ho, and even then it may take a little longer. i think that the birmingham dojo is great and 99% of the BAMA instructors are good people but apparently a little misguided because of the depth they are in.
They are flooded with philosophy which without the reality to escape to screws your head up.

most of the guys that have recently gone for black belt do have problems kicking to required height because of the need to get the school to grow faster students are being rushed through grades.

Hi Middleway, for the schools symbol if you could look at the ina to kusunoki and it's the first symbol ina.

I'm still trying to get in touch with john alexander but i'm having trouble but i'm persistent.
My magician friend is looking into the hypnotist/magician links.
again thanks for your help, we'll get there soon.

to belter, how high can you kick, lol.
sorry i've been told about the wise cracking.

Black-Mask

#13399 - 09/03/04 02:39 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see that as soon as I posted a couple of replies that stated what I experienced at BAMA, a couple of people replied. One of the replies implying that I am not telling the truth.

Therion, you are being overcharged whether you will admit it or not, I am looking into other clubs to train with (now that I no longer train with BAMA) and it looks like I can get around 1.5 to 2 hours training for about £3 to £4 pound, most of the clubs also train more than one evening a week.

Also, you only have to look at similar discussions on other forums to see that this is not the only place where people have concerns about the BAMA. On another forum discussing the sword work, it has been stated that it is of a very low standard compared to other organisations. I can provide links if you would like me to.

I saw brown belts struggling to kick to head height, I am not saying that everyone was having the problem, but there was enough for it to be noticed.

#13400 - 09/03/04 04:18 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
ken harding Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: UK
And so we continue. Ah well it was to be expected I suppose. I think this thread has gone as far as it can.

Black mask - [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] . At least you are talking now though just getting on with things would help. I don't need to hide behind Mr V by the way. i merely respect that this is his BB so I stick to the rules just as I abide by the rules of anywhere that I am a guest.

Page 17 of 58 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 57 58 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga