FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 8 of 58 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 57 58 >
Topic Options
#13301 - 08/04/04 05:34 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
ken harding Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: UK
Just bouncing this back up the top to keep it current.

Curiosity abounds now I have some time

#13302 - 08/05/04 09:03 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all. I've been reading this board for a while now and thought I respond as JohnL asked about MA in Reading. I train in Wado Ryu with Kenshindo Ryu. We have dojo's in Woodley, Mortimer and Oxford. The club also run Ju Jitsu and Judo classes. Check out www.kenshindoryu.org.uk. Alternatively, there is a Shotokan club who train at the Meadway on Tuesday's and Thursday. I went up there for one lesson while my class was on a break and was made to feel very welcome. The instruction was first class. www.readingskc.org.uk

Also, there is an Aikido club at Palmer Park who are very welcoming and are well run. www.aikido-reading.co.uk

Hope this helps.

#13303 - 08/05/04 09:33 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hi macewado:

I'm sure the information will be of use, but the basic questions have still not been answered.

For those interested, below are the e-mails that I sent. They're hardly aggressive and I had hoped someone would respond.

"Dear Sensei

I am writing in regard to questions raised on the fighting arts forum regarding your organization. I have written to James Seaward before, (contents below) but have received no reply.

More of your students have stated on the forum how happy they are with the training with the BAMA and the people discussing the topic have treated them with courtesy but still have the same questions that have remained un-answered.

I would hope that you might reply to the questions raised, which were;

Who is Shugosan, where is he, what style of MA does he teach, what did he study and with who.

Who is Pete Delane, why did he change his name, plus the same questions raised about Shugosan above.

You say that Bushido has a history. What is it. Names, places, and timeline.

As I said in my previous e-mail, no-one is obliged to answer these questions, but given the interest and given that the students appear to be asking the same questions, if you can help, it would be appreciated.

Thank you

JohnL

Previous e-mail to James Seaward;

Good Morning James

My apologies for cold e-mailing you, I hate when people do it to me, but it would appear that the thread on the fighting arts forum regarding the Bushido Academy is still lengthening.

A couple of students have dropped lines on the thread saying how much they enjoy training with the organization but no-one has responded to the questions actually posed.

I appreciate that you do not necessarily want to be dragged into a discussion but if you would help to clarify some of the points raised it might turn what is currently not good publicity for the organization, into something positive.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

JohnL

I have today repeated these e-mails to all the Bushido instructors that I sent the original e-mails to. I hope they will respond.

JohnL

#13304 - 08/08/04 05:38 PM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Khayman Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wiltshire, UK
I went on a trip to Swindon yesterday and while I was there I tried to find some local information about the group (as its meant to be their headquarters). The only thing I could find on them (other than already mentioned)was an advert with a telephone number and a link to a webpage which just showed a picture of their dojo. http://www.swindonweb.com/bushido/

I did some more digging and found a link to a site for correspondence learning courses which state membership to the BAMA under Master Chusan (i assume this is for the self defence course they run????). http://www.opencollege.info/qualifications.html

As well as Master Chusan and Sugosan there also seems to be a Kensunisan? http://vzone.virgin.net/bushido.academy/itinerary.html

In the groups websites they mention that you only grade up to brown belt then to a shodan ho grade (in my style thats only a provisional grade not a full dan grade????) After this you can then move onto the delane academy?

I really dont think we are going to be able to find out much more unless one of the groups senior instructors steps up to the plate, I have a feeling his won't happen.

#13305 - 08/09/04 10:15 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you advise or anyone tell me how
to check if they have a club in Bristol id rather a group than one 2 one...you can email me at work simon.vaughan@rac.co.uk />
Thanks alot

#13306 - 08/09/04 10:36 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA

#13307 - 08/10/04 10:14 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys,

I have something to add,

I have spoken to previous dan grades from the organisation and they have highlighted some interesting background.

Basically Dalane learned some Goju Ryu from John Alexander sensei in Cornwall. the sword work, the aikido, the Kung Fu etc etc is all made up from books or based heavily on Karate. He also borrows extremely heavily from texts by masters like Osensei for his 'Zen'classes.

The sword work is rediculously bad - gripping the sword with the thumb and forefinger instead of the standard grip, choppy choppy karate styleeeee! Typical Mcdojo Sword Work.

Once you reach brown belt you generally start instructing, a portion of that cash heading 'master Chusan's' Way, at shodan you learn at the dalane academy for far greater outlay per month than standard lessons.

Built on the pyramid system dalane recieves huge amounts of money for reletivley little actual background in martial arts. Its all a bit sad really!

I cannot believe that earlier in the post someone said they do not want to promote themselves!!! You cant drive through Gloucestershire without seeig at least 40 signs of theirs on various highway juntions!

This is a mcdojo through and through guys.

sorry to all those that 'enjoy their training' but as beginners how would you have reference to what is or is not 'good' MA's.

anyways

#13308 - 08/11/04 06:40 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
shukokaichap Offline

Loc: Back in th UK!
Hi middleway,

Have the dan grades you have spoken too gone on to do other MA's?

And if so what do they think of their new style in comparison to the BAMA?

I think it would be nice to know their opinion to give a balanced view.

Also, George Alexander was mentioned on a thread here a few weeks ago if anyone wants info there is a link to his site.

#13309 - 08/11/04 07:19 AM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
shukokaichap Offline

Loc: Back in th UK!
PS to avoid confusion it's the UK George Alexander not the US one.

PPS I've just noticed that my spelling of 'acadamy (sic)' at the top of this thread is incorrect. Should be academy. Why did no one pick me up on this? Call your selves alert [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

#13310 - 08/11/04 05:55 PM Re: Bushido Acadamy of Martial Arts (UK)
MrVigerous Offline
Former Administrator

Loc: UK
We were being polite....and "yourselves" is one word [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

Regds
Mr V

Page 8 of 58 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 57 58 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga