FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SenseiGregT, sagat, JFawkes, pluckysaga39, sgtdemeo
22911 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 5
Dobbersky 5
Ed_Morris 4
ergees 3
futsaowingchun 3
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 03:51 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
08/29/14 10:50 PM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/28/14 02:39 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
08/16/14 04:59 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Forum Stats
22911 Members
36 Forums
35573 Topics
432484 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#131587 - 03/29/05 09:43 AM chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


I am jsut curious to know how many people can feel the moves they do. Some might call it chi or energy or momentum - or describe it as being loose and relaxed and then crackign at the moment of impact.

It took me over 10 years of training to finally really feel the moves with my body. I mean when you block you don't just use the blockign pieces but everything gets used - and it feels amazing.

to get to the point where when you move you can almost feel liek you are in control of a piece of energy - maybe your weight - that you can use in different directions.

and you start to break out of the set system of movements that you have bene taught. You realize that tae kwon do, karate, kung fu, that all he movements and stances you are taught are just one section of that motion - and that you can do the same motion in a infiite amount of different stances an infinite different ways

Top
#131588 - 03/29/05 10:43 AM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


yea thats sound good ive only done tkd for a month now but i know what u mean, when i do a move i am jus moving that part of body but the way u say it, its like your body is free or loose, doing a kick that becomes second nature and all moves tie in together

Top
#131589 - 03/29/05 11:13 AM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 03/24/03
Posts: 4309
Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hey Captn

Aren't you now really miffed, that what you took 10 years to develop, wee-garth has acheived by studying TKD for a month.

Damn [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

JohnL

Top
#131590 - 03/30/05 08:15 PM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by captn:
I am jsut curious to know how many people can feel the moves they do. Some might call it chi or energy or momentum - or describe it as being loose and relaxed and then crackign at the moment of impact.

It took me over 10 years of training to finally really feel the moves with my body. I mean when you block you don't just use the blockign pieces but everything gets used - and it feels amazing.

to get to the point where when you move you can almost feel liek you are in control of a piece of energy - maybe your weight - that you can use in different directions.

and you start to break out of the set system of movements that you have bene taught. You realize that tae kwon do, karate, kung fu, that all he movements and stances you are taught are just one section of that motion - and that you can do the same motion in a infiite amount of different stances an infinite different ways
[/QUOTE]

Inspite of what JohnL said (in jest, I hope) you have my admiration and respect. Some people never got it at all and some come onto this Forum and say how useless this art or that art is, and all have been a waste of their precious time, after only 6 months of training!

The old masters are a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Wax on, wax off.

Top
#131591 - 03/31/05 12:09 AM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


oh.. dear ....lord ...cant stop ....my...self..

Ha Ha you said wax off


please forgive me I was thirteen for a second there

Top
#131592 - 03/31/05 12:43 AM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnL:
Hey Captn

Aren't you now really miffed, that what you took 10 years to develop, wee-garth has acheived by studying TKD for a month.

Damn [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

JohnL
[/QUOTE]

wee-gareth was saying that he HASN'T achieved that state yet...he was pointing out the he KNOWS he lacks that kind of motion. At least make sure you have the right idea when using your famous sarcasm :P

Top
#131593 - 03/31/05 12:19 PM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by wee_gareth:
yea thats sound good ive only done tkd for a month now but i know what u mean, when i do a move i am jus moving that part of body but the way u say it, its like your body is free or loose, doing a kick that becomes second nature and all moves tie in together[/QUOTE]

traz, I think the "I know what you mean" doesn't mean he doesn't know what he means.
I thought the same thing as JohnL When I read it.
It's funny when you've been at something for years and years then someone comes along that's been doing it for a couple of months with just as much knowledge as you already.

Top


Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

 

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga