FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AndyLA 3
futsaowingchun 3
Matakiant 3
kolslaw 1
Bartfast 1
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Today at 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
Recent Posts
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
Today at 12:10 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Victor Smith
09/28/14 07:11 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
Wing Chun-internal training
by futsaowingchun
09/23/14 09:01 PM
Martial News
by Matakiant
09/23/14 06:42 AM
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35579 Topics
432500 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#131587 - 03/29/05 09:43 AM chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


I am jsut curious to know how many people can feel the moves they do. Some might call it chi or energy or momentum - or describe it as being loose and relaxed and then crackign at the moment of impact.

It took me over 10 years of training to finally really feel the moves with my body. I mean when you block you don't just use the blockign pieces but everything gets used - and it feels amazing.

to get to the point where when you move you can almost feel liek you are in control of a piece of energy - maybe your weight - that you can use in different directions.

and you start to break out of the set system of movements that you have bene taught. You realize that tae kwon do, karate, kung fu, that all he movements and stances you are taught are just one section of that motion - and that you can do the same motion in a infiite amount of different stances an infinite different ways

Top
#131588 - 03/29/05 10:43 AM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


yea thats sound good ive only done tkd for a month now but i know what u mean, when i do a move i am jus moving that part of body but the way u say it, its like your body is free or loose, doing a kick that becomes second nature and all moves tie in together

Top
#131589 - 03/29/05 11:13 AM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Registered: 03/24/03
Posts: 4309
Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hey Captn

Aren't you now really miffed, that what you took 10 years to develop, wee-garth has acheived by studying TKD for a month.

Damn [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

JohnL

Top
#131590 - 03/30/05 08:15 PM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by captn:
I am jsut curious to know how many people can feel the moves they do. Some might call it chi or energy or momentum - or describe it as being loose and relaxed and then crackign at the moment of impact.

It took me over 10 years of training to finally really feel the moves with my body. I mean when you block you don't just use the blockign pieces but everything gets used - and it feels amazing.

to get to the point where when you move you can almost feel liek you are in control of a piece of energy - maybe your weight - that you can use in different directions.

and you start to break out of the set system of movements that you have bene taught. You realize that tae kwon do, karate, kung fu, that all he movements and stances you are taught are just one section of that motion - and that you can do the same motion in a infiite amount of different stances an infinite different ways
[/QUOTE]

Inspite of what JohnL said (in jest, I hope) you have my admiration and respect. Some people never got it at all and some come onto this Forum and say how useless this art or that art is, and all have been a waste of their precious time, after only 6 months of training!

The old masters are a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

Wax on, wax off.

Top
#131591 - 03/31/05 12:09 AM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


oh.. dear ....lord ...cant stop ....my...self..

Ha Ha you said wax off


please forgive me I was thirteen for a second there

Top
#131592 - 03/31/05 12:43 AM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnL:
Hey Captn

Aren't you now really miffed, that what you took 10 years to develop, wee-garth has acheived by studying TKD for a month.

Damn [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

JohnL
[/QUOTE]

wee-gareth was saying that he HASN'T achieved that state yet...he was pointing out the he KNOWS he lacks that kind of motion. At least make sure you have the right idea when using your famous sarcasm :P

Top
#131593 - 03/31/05 12:19 PM Re: chi - momentum - water - chain vs bat
Anonymous
Unregistered


[QUOTE]Originally posted by wee_gareth:
yea thats sound good ive only done tkd for a month now but i know what u mean, when i do a move i am jus moving that part of body but the way u say it, its like your body is free or loose, doing a kick that becomes second nature and all moves tie in together[/QUOTE]

traz, I think the "I know what you mean" doesn't mean he doesn't know what he means.
I thought the same thing as JohnL When I read it.
It's funny when you've been at something for years and years then someone comes along that's been doing it for a couple of months with just as much knowledge as you already.

Top


Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 




Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

 



Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga