FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 12
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
Yesterday at 10:15 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432453 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#131092 - 12/13/04 04:49 PM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whether you people believe me or not is fine with me, I could care less. I post my events, my REAL life events, on this forum for the same reason everyone else does...to hear respectfull opinions and advice, NOT to hear what jerkoffs like meanstreak have to say. Judging by what him and EVERYONE else who agrees with him had to say you've all seen WAY to many hollywood movies, and you really shouldn't talk as if your an expert on a topic that you no NOTHING about. The fact that you guys think you need to be the Godfather of some mafia to be involved in what I do just goes to show how little you no.

PS: If you wanna insult me just say it, don't dance around the insult like your to pussy to actually say what you wanna say with comments like the one Victor Smith gave.

[This message has been edited by GojuR (edited 12-13-2004).]

#131093 - 12/13/04 05:00 PM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Derry, NH
GojuR,

I wasn't intending to insult you, your story did have a happy ending to you as you made cash on the deal. Is it wrong to say that?

Just re-inforcing the same point you made, we can't say if its true or not, and stories become stories, like it or not, when you choose to share them.

How can anyone prove anything said on the net, unless they were there objectively. True or not why pretend otherwise.

I the reader can't proove or disprove anything another says outside of direct experience.

Now if you want to talk ethical choices that's another matter. I think there are many choices one can make to survive that don't involve entering street fighting. People make them every day, such as leaving school when there's not enough money and doing something else with their life.

There's nothing wrong with that choice either.

Why be surprised your choices cause offense?

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu

#131094 - 12/13/04 08:37 PM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those of you that dont know Gojur posted on another thread explaining his problem. He needed $ for the U.C and to stay in MA. This fight was his second attempt. He was requested by someone in the other thread to post what will happen. How shocking people tend to believe a story when they are pounded to dust but not when they win. *No offense to anyone however, that is just a general statement*

GojuR
Member posted 09-28-2004 01:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before I begin, Iíd like it to be understood that I take know pride in the story Iím about to tell. Instead, I tell his story as a lesson to others and myself. I was young, amateurish, and foolish. I know itís long, but please read all and be patient.
I was seventeen years old and had been practicing the art of Goju Ryu karate for about my fourth year. I had just gotten my brown belt. While reviewing my budgeting problems, it had occurred to me that there was no way I would be able to renew my karate membership and attend university in the following year with my current income. I had discussed this problem with a very good friend of mine and he had told me that there was some sort of and underground MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) competition that paid all itís winner very good money; the catch was that these tournaments were NHB (No Holds Barred) and people usually got hurt. However I was cocky and overrated my skill level.
I had arranged for a match to be set up. It was to be held in 3 weeks from the date that I had booked it. I trained very hard. I stretched, weight lifted, did my cardio, and countless hours of karate training. When the time had come, I was standing at 6í0 tall and a lean 165 pounds.
The directions I was given led to a soccer field. I figured there was no way I was at the right place until I saw over fifty people sitting on and around the bleachers. I was greeted by a very friendly man who on the way to the center of the soccer field went over some very basic rules (no groin shots, no biting, etcÖ), he also explained the ways to win (knock out, taping out, if the ďrefĒ decided to stop the match, or if whoever was in your corner threw in the towel; I had my cousin in my corner).
Me and some other mean looking guy stood across from each other in the circle at the center of the soccer field with a crowed of people outlining the ďringĒ. He was bigger then me, both height and width, and was built. I had heard that he was a Tae-Kwon-Do practitioner.
Some old man came in between us and asks if weíre ready; we both nod yes and he yells for the fight to begin. The next thing I remember is my heart beating out of my chest, my hands dripping with sweat, and my ears hurting from everyoneís screams and taunts. He made the first move by reaching across with his right arm to grab my right shoulder. Next, he starts punching; straight, hard punches. I tried punching back by it didnít do too much because I had to punch over my own should and I barely touched him. Also, I couldnít turn myself because of the awesome grip he had on my shoulder and because of how strong he was.
My cousin runs in and yells for the ďrefĒ to stop the match after my face looked like someone spilt red paint on me. I didnít get any money that night, but the lesson I learned about fighting was good enough for me.
That was about two years ago, and once again Iím having some serious money problems. So much so I might be forced to drop out. Iím much better now then I was then, and the option for me to fight again is still open. I no how stupid it sounds but this is the only other way for me to get my hands on some money, and believe me Iíve explored other options (parents, students loans, bank loans, credit cards, other family members, a second job). It seems Iím down to a simple choice of fight, or drop out, any suggestions?

Ps: Please donít say another source of money because Iíve tried more then you can imagine! And believe me, this is NOT a choice I like making!

HIS FIRST STORY.

[This message has been edited by Julayne4 (edited 12-13-2004).]

#131095 - 12/13/04 08:45 PM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not saying your need for $ justifies illegal fighting, please from now on try to find a better alternative. I have a sugestion, teach basic self defense for high school students during their P.E class or for after school programs. At my high school they are looking for these instructors for after school programs and they pay pretty well.

Anyways stay safe and good luck to you. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/cool.gif[/IMG] Julayne

#131096 - 12/13/04 10:33 PM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Anonymous
Unregistered

WhyCantIbeSteve

"oh hey what's up, **** off, and uh, yea i did misunderstand for a bit, but i did post this cause of all the other threads where people talk down about street fighting. Yea i didn't read all the posts anyways, so you can shut up about your points, i don't really care about those, i don't care that you disbelieve him, i'm talkin about something different and i should've posted in another thread so quit talkin out yer ass, later."

if you:
dont read the posts,
dont care about what others say,
dont talk about anything related to the actual posts

why do you participate on these forums?

ps sad to see you lost your vocabulary and went back to name calling

GojuR

"Whether you people believe me or not is fine with me, I could care less. ................ NOT to hear what jerkoffs like meanstreak have to say."

sounds like you do care there GojuR

"you've all seen WAY to many hollywood movies, and you really shouldn't talk as if your an expert on a topic that you no NOTHING about."

well what a coincidence, we were thinking the same of yourself.

"The fact that you guys think you need to be the Godfather of some mafia to be involved in what I do just goes to show how little you no."

hmm movies again from you GojuR? onto a theme here. no, (see my posts above for my points ive already said them 3 times - for the intellectually challenged)

no i dont think you have to be a mafia don but i think you would probably have to be involved somehow in criminal matters, or be worth the while for a large number of people to take the chance in involving you in a major crime - illegal fights and gambling.

you dont appear to have the fighting experience, criminal savvy etc to be involved in the operation you have described

id imagine the sort of person to get into that set up to be a person who regularly gets into fights (street punk or whatever you'd choose for that sort of term)

"PS: If you wanna insult me just say it, don't dance around the insult like your to pussy to actually say what you wanna say with comments like the one Victor Smith gave."

i dont need to insult you,

"this kid is a polite version of a troll, telling a false story and seeing who bites."

i made that point in my first post and i stick by it. i wanted to point out the holes in your story - seeing as there are many impressionable people on the forum, no need to take it personally, i do this to all the people who tell outrageous stories

there is no need for insults and bad language here on this forum, and why do you believe that i would feel some sort of fear in expressing myself that way if i chose?

what would happen if i did kid?

would you write naughty words about me on the forum?, maybe you'll buy a plane ticket, fly to where i live and beat me up?

im not afraid (nor would i believe someone being capable of the plane option) of either, - so no im not holding back

Meanstreak

[This message has been edited by Meanstreak (edited 12-14-2004).]

#131097 - 12/14/04 01:11 AM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Anonymous
Unregistered

GojuR : Who put up the $4,000?

#131098 - 12/14/04 06:26 AM Re: My Street Fight(2)
JohnL Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: NY, NY, USA
Hi GojuR:

I'm sorry, but I believe your story is one of two things;

a) Made up for some reason - In which case you are a sad individual having to post trash on a forum.

b) It's True - In which case you are certainly not worthy of going into your 3rd year at University. I assume that this would take a modicum of intelligence, whereas trying to get into unlicensed fights is the height of stupidity.

Sorry.

JohnL

#131099 - 12/14/04 06:27 AM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Anonymous
Unregistered

CLP, if I'm not mistaken, everyone who watches has to pay a cover charge, and, they all place bets. If I was to bet lets say $1000.00, and the fighter who I bet on wins, I would make back 1900.00 (100 dollars going toward the winner). Im not sure of how much a percentage is deducted to go towards the winner, but you get the idea.

Victor Smith, your correct in saying we don't no whats true and whats not true, that always the case on the internet, however, that being said, we still talk about accounts in our life, don't we? This is because its a matter of trust. If we had no trust, we would all be talking ethics and morals in general, but as you can see, we talk about much, much more, this including real life events, because we trust. And, if you don't trust, you should not be reading. Sorry if I insulted you.

Meanstreak, honestly, I read maybe one line of your last comment, that one line pretty much told me that all the rest of what you had to say was much like all your other comments, 100% bullsh!t and smack talk. Do me a favour, if you don't like what I have to say, don't respond to my topics.

John, your VERY, VERY far from anywhere in my position, so please, don't talk about stupidity for a decision where you will never no what your choice would be, because you will never and have never been in that position.

[This message has been edited by GojuR (edited 12-14-2004).]

#131100 - 12/14/04 08:35 AM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Meanstreak, honestly, I read maybe one line of your last comment, that one line pretty much told me that all the rest of what you had to say was much like all your other comments, 100% bullsh!t and smack talk.

hmm so you dont read others posts either, strange, i would have thought that before dismissing all someone had to say as 100% bullsh!t and smack talk. , you would have read some of what i had to say - oh well each to his own. - i cant help but thinking that people like yourself and WhyCantIbeSteve really damage your credibility when you admit that you aren't even reading what you are responding to.

try reading the whole thing GojuR!!!!!!!!!

as for replying to your posts,i guess i forgot that you only want ...to hear respectfull opinions and advice, so i guess if someones not in your fan club you get angry huh?

Do me a favour, if you don't like what I have to say, don't respond to my topics.

i gave you my opinion and other posters agreed with me. didn't read anywhere that we had to agree with everyone else when we posted, otherwise these things would be rather one sided don't you think?

in the case that your story is genuine, congratulations, you did well, and you did it for a good cause. in the case that my first assumption is correct, well JohnL put it well a) Made up for some reason - In which case you are a sad individual having to post trash on a forum.

(given your admitting you only read the end lines GojuR this time read the whole message theres even a bit there where i admit you may be telling the truth please read it all this time)

#131101 - 12/14/04 10:30 AM Re: My Street Fight(2)
Anonymous
Unregistered

we read crap, it smells, so we stop reading, and then reply to it. pretty simple if you ask me. and i never once called you a name, so i didn't revert back to anything, bud. now please stop replying to us, you made your same pointless point 3 times now, we get it.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga