FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LeroyCFischer, JadeKing, Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111
22933 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
charlie 2
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Forum Stats
22933 Members
36 Forums
35589 Topics
432521 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#131066 - 12/09/04 12:08 AM Me and the FBI
senseilou Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Glendale, Az.
I got a call from the local FBI agency in town. The man I spoke too said that my name had surfaced and they wanted to know if I would work with them on their training techniques. I told him that no disrespect intended, but I have some friends who would love to play a trick on me, and I had heard that the FBI had to be trained by a member of the FBI and had to go through a 16 week course. He asked me who that person was, and he knew him(or said he did)and explained WHY he would have to go through training and that I wouldn't. Still sounded some what questionable so I asked if he would mind if I checked up on him. He gave me a phone number and a young lady answered FBI. I explained that I was checking on an agent, and she said she would check. She gave me his resume, had been with the service for 15 years, and was legit. I explained the situation and asked if they would let someone from the outside train their agents. She tells me they have an approved list of teachers, asked me my name, and told me I was on the list, where they got the name from and it sounded real legit, all the information was correct. She gave me the agents number, and it was the same on my caller id, so I called back. Still somewhat hesitant, the agent, We will call Mr. Smith, suggested we meet, and for me to make a curriculum of what I would teach, how many days, and make one for 8 weeks and then 16 weeks. I told him I needed about a week to get everything together. He called 2 more times, offering help and giving me some ideas what to add, what not to add.

The big day comes, and I go to the local FBI office and ask for Mr. Smith, as you have guessed,no Mr. Smith, and the secretary said, only in house agents can train other agents. I knew this, and still bought it. I still haven't exactly found out who is at the bottom of this prank, but payback will be HELL. I wasted a week on training notes, had it bound for easy reference, and worked sometimes until the wee hours of the morning to get it done. No one is to blame but me, it was a good laugh on me, and I too laughed, but I will get even. Here is a chance for others to get a good laugh at my expense.

#131067 - 12/09/04 02:45 AM Re: Me and the FBI
Akiba Offline

Loc: London, UK
Excellent! That was a good prank.

One of the guys I train sent me a text-message last year saying he's working in London for the day and looking for a martial arts shop I'd told him about. His battery was low so could I call him on this number. *********** just ask for Lizzy.

So I called it back and got through to Buckingham Palace switchboard!

(I decided not to ask fo Lizzy!)

Good pranks though, guess it was a friend with a close girl or works with a girl?

You should make three predictions
1st the most obvious and logical
2nd the second most logical
3rd one that is completely off the wall but comes in your head.

(more often than not I find its the third one!)

#131068 - 12/09/04 09:25 AM Re: Me and the FBI
0goun Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY, USA
Sorry Senseilou. I did not think it was funny. Whoever did that is no friend. I could never see the humor in setting up a friend to have fun at his expense.

#131069 - 12/09/04 10:32 AM Re: Me and the FBI
still wadowoman Offline
Improved beefier techno-prat

Loc: Residence:UK- Heart:Md, USA
I don't find it funny either because I know Sensei Lou would have put a lot of work into this project that could have been better spent.

It is not the sort of "joke" I would play on someon I respect.

It would be funny if it was played on someone who was full of their own self importance, which Sensei Lou, in my opinion, is not.

You are a good sport Sensei Lou, for posting it here.
Sharon

#131070 - 12/09/04 11:17 AM Re: Me and the FBI
senseilou Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Glendale, Az.
I really appreciate the fact that you guys didn't think it was funny. Especially Wado Woman. But you know guys I think there was a big lesson in it. I try really hard not to take myself too seriously. I know I show alot hard ass approach to training, but for me, I try not to be taken too seriously. Don't get me wrong, on the mat I am serious as hell, and there I don't play around or take things lightly. Outside the dojo is different,as I have seen the 'peacocks' who strut around and are unapproachable. I have never wanted to be like that. Now its true I worked alot of time on the project, a jokes a joke, and retribution will be hell, but still it wasn't done maliciously. I think when you can't see the humor in things and take yourself too seriously, you miss out on alot. I have 2 completely different Sensei, one who is a formal, unpersonal,very uptight, politically correct Sensei. If you refer to him as anything but Grandmaster he is offended, or talk about him in the 3rd person and he will be really offended. He takes himself and what he does way to seriously, and have only seen him laugh once. Its all business, all the time. But his information is good and he is very talented, but its not fun training with him, or being around him.

I have another Sesnei who makes jokes about himself, is all business on the mat, but still makes it fun.He never takes himself real seriously, even in a confrontation. He was approached once by a chaffeur(? on the spelling)at an airport. The chaffer got up into Sensei's face and Sensei told him " You are awful cocky for a man wearing that ridiculous hat, I wore one like that when I was a child, with my short pants, tie and school coat. I was 8, but I out grew it, how long is it going to take you to realize you look like a 'penis' in that hat. I died laughing, and so did the chaffeur. Pretty much everything with him is handled with humor and he thinks of himself as everyone else. He is a 10th degree just like my other Sensei and is probably more talented, and definetly more fun, than my other Sesnei. So I try to see the humor as much as possible and not take things too seriously if done in a decent way. Had their been any malicious intent, I would have been upset.

#131071 - 12/10/04 09:27 AM Re: Me and the FBI
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
Although it would have been pretty cool to work with the FBI. Sounds like you wasted lots of time, but as an optomist just think about all those great notes you have. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#131072 - 12/11/04 12:36 PM Re: Me and the FBI
Anonymous
Unregistered

And possibly those notes could be useful in putting together some sort of seminar...and if you happen to do seminars to make a little extra money, then you turned out better in the prank.

Matt

#131073 - 12/11/04 01:38 PM Re: Me and the FBI
still wadowoman Offline
Improved beefier techno-prat

Loc: Residence:UK- Heart:Md, USA
And charge the prankster double [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Sharon

#131074 - 12/12/04 05:34 PM Re: Me and the FBI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow.. How to reply to this without sounding like a heartless punk! You did as you said put a lot into this and would of been an awesome opportunity. However i have to say that was quite funny on the jokers part. You have to love a good practical joke. Of course there are limits, dont physically hurt anyone physically or mentally. But the whole point of a practical joke is a laugh at someone else's expense. Obviously dont pull one on someone who cant take a joke. Nobody should take themselves too seriously all the time, have to stop and laugh even in the joke is on you. I've been the "butt" of jokes and i've dishe out my fair share of them. But senseilou i think some serious retribution is in order when you find out who the joker is.

#131075 - 12/13/04 08:57 PM Re: Me and the FBI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, what a great sport you are senseilou. Plus you were kind enough to share it. Sorry it happened, but at least you have a story to tell for the record books and to your students. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Julayne [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]
P.S But I agree with still wadowoman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga