FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 8
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
Yesterday at 12:01 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432457 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#130899 - 10/29/04 09:18 PM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Anonymous
Unregistered

smootch,smootch,smooth.

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 10-29-2004).]

#130900 - 10/29/04 09:36 PM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Derry, NH
1/11th,

No fighting fire with fire is a good way to get burned. It's the fantasy life of movies which you seem to be locked into.

Responsible people give responsible advice. Unfortunately you haven't given one shred of evidence you have any advice to give except for yack yack.

And forget the grand master bs. I'm not not. I believe there are very good technicians and that's it. I'm sorry you're jealous some of us have actually trained and lived, and are willing to share when we can.

I only have a few minutes a day to follow any of this as work, family and finding time to train and study are more important.

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu

#130901 - 10/29/04 10:44 PM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Anonymous
Unregistered

what the hell is your problem 11th? You always talk like you hate this place so much, and yet keep coming back, stay the hell out if you have nothing contructive to say! No one cares who you think is and is not gay or whatever you like to call people and why you think what you think. Just leave...
PS: I no where 11th trains, its right down the street from where I work and hes not much different in person (I dont call him by his first name out of respect; even though he deserves little respect).

#130902 - 10/30/04 06:06 PM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Anonymous
Unregistered

oldmans withdraws his retaliatory limrick.

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 10-31-2004).]

#130903 - 10/30/04 07:42 PM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

Oldman that you be, though that may characterize me too.

I understand the desire to flame someone, but your remarks are tasteless too. There are better ways to express distaste to remarks than sinking to the same level as your target.

Listen, this is all kindergarden bad taste. I've lived through much deeper hate wars in Isshinryu in person and on the lists over the years.

My opinion of bad taste has taken 3 10th dans to task over the years for acting like children to date, and there's no reason to accept it anywhere.

There are times I wonder whether my idea to have a small story discussion group is worth the effort. Of course we can learn from distasteful posts, mostly what not to tolerate.

The only reason to participate in the arts is to try and better oneself and have some fun. The rest is a fantasy world, too prone to co-exist with real training.

Shere survival is rarely something one encounters. The potential does exist in our trianing, but in truth most systems, traditional and modern have little to do with real battlefield conditions. And I for one am grateful the world is not a more dangerous place that we really have to become Bruce Lee, its plenty dangerous enough as it is.

I suggest when someone really gets under your skin, everyone go do something else for a few days and see if it really is worth responding with vhemence. With time there really is little that is worth such effort.

This discussion started with someone sharing their problems. Those problems seemed quite real to me, but ones that can be addressed by better choices and the legal systems.

Answers outside of the rules of society, except when one's or another's life is directly on the line, lead to situations where nobody can be trusted or believed. Nice for a movie, where you just humiliate, kill and destroy. Much harder to do in the real world and remain sane.

Try harder to be better than you are, often you will succeed.

Victor Smith

#130904 - 10/31/04 12:02 AM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Anonymous
Unregistered

When you say it like THAT....

I've never been very good with children. From now on I'll try harder to be civil, but I'll be damned if that one doesn't get to me. Although I can't say I'm not proud to be a nexus for 11th's ire.

#130905 - 10/31/04 12:21 AM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Victor Smith:
Oldman that you be, though that may characterize me too.

I understand the desire to flame someone, but your remarks are tasteless too. There are better ways to express distaste to remarks than sinking to the same level as your target.

Listen, this is all kindergarden bad taste. I've lived through much deeper hate wars in Isshinryu in person and on the lists over the years.

My opinion of bad taste has taken 3 10th dans to task over the years for acting like children to date, and there's no reason to accept it anywhere.

There are times I wonder whether my idea to have a small story discussion group is worth the effort. Of course we can learn from distasteful posts, mostly what not to tolerate.

The only reason to participate in the arts is to try and better oneself and have some fun. The rest is a fantasy world, too prone to co-exist with real training.

Shere survival is rarely something one encounters. The potential does exist in our trianing, but in truth most systems, traditional and modern have little to do with real battlefield conditions. And I for one am grateful the world is not a more dangerous place that we really have to become Bruce Lee, its plenty dangerous enough as it is.

I suggest when someone really gets under your skin, everyone go do something else for a few days and see if it really is worth responding with vhemence. With time there really is little that is worth such effort.

This discussion started with someone sharing their problems. Those problems seemed quite real to me, but ones that can be addressed by better choices and the legal systems.

Answers outside of the rules of society, except when one's or another's life is directly on the line, lead to situations where nobody can be trusted or believed. Nice for a movie, where you just humiliate, kill and destroy. Much harder to do in the real world and remain sane.

Try harder to be better than you are, often you will succeed.

Victor Smith
[/QUOTE]

Mr. Smith,
Please accept my sincere apology.
11thdegree also I apologize for my childish retaliation. Forum members I confess to overstepping the bounds of good taste and common sense. Please bear with me as I continue to learn and grow. Have a good day
Sincerely,
Mark Cook

#130906 - 10/31/04 01:31 AM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Anonymous
Unregistered

OMG, you have GOT to be shitting with me. PLEASE don't encourage this guy by pretending to ACTUALLY learn something from his DESPERATE attempts to look like a teacher. ONE guy finally comes out and starts showing some balls by not wanting to take sh!t from another person and then COMPLETELY ruins it by giving the FAGGET ass apology writen above. Then we got Queer #2; A.K.A Foolsgold, can't say I expect much more from him...hes always been a fag. But Victor, can you go ONE message without mentioning the fact that YOU rocommended this forum...it's like you want a metal or something. And try not acting like your Mr.Important, with places to go and people to see, and that we are all very lucky that you take time out of your bizzy schedual to give us your reports of the lessons of life; your not allowed to act like that after you leave like fifty messages a day each about three pages long and in many other forums then the one you so proudly moderate...its clear you have no life...fagget.

[This message has been edited by 11thdegree (edited 10-31-2004).]

#130907 - 10/31/04 03:40 AM Re: Re: Need Advice RE: Bully Instructor
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

1/11th.

I have never left 50 messages a day anyplace or even a fraction of that. Feel free to show where that is the case.

I have no idea who you are, and unless you're willing to both share your name and experience there is little reason to address you ever again.

Rather than allow you further rant, this topic is closed.

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga