FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 6
AndyLA 5
Ed_Morris 4
futsaowingchun 3
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Recent Posts
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:58 PM
The Karate punch
by Ed_Morris
08/26/14 09:27 PM
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35572 Topics
432478 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#130781 - 12/08/04 09:31 AM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks all for your advice. Ive been training VERY hard lately. I've done PLENTY of sparring, but lately, I've even tried a couple of lessons of full contact, where we can hit to the head, let it goto the ground, and just have an all out fight. I'm ready to fight, and I hope to win without injury, I'll post a new topic on the 10th to allow everyone to hear the good or bad news. Thanks again!

#130782 - 12/08/04 10:10 AM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

well it looks like you are intent on winning using Go ju ru style, I myself am a bit familiar with that style and I'm sure that at some point you've learned some sort of throw or joint lock, or at least various parries that would help, since there's not a lot (if any) ground techniques within that style I'd suggest using distance as a weapon, and parrying and counter attacking. you've seen those UFC fights so you should have some idea as to what strikes are most effective, such as kicks to the thigh and or knee which are practiced in just about all traditional karate style. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will keep us posted of the results of your fights

#130783 - 01/01/05 02:31 AM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

one must admire your determination. you lost badly the last time you went into this competition but you still wish to fight. Im sure regardless what your sensai has said to you that he is deep down proud of you too.

You have to remember the main reason why these eastern styles of fighting were developed was to... fight. Anyone can train in a style and say that they are a true martial artist but GojuR is taking it one step further and doing what many are too afraid to do.

although i do not condone any illegal fighting i am wishing you the best of luck in surviving your fight and hopefully you can make a few bucks on the side. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

#130784 - 01/02/05 04:03 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

GojuR
Drop out mate, its the easiest and prolly the best thing you can do. If its not meant to be then it isnt. But maybe, just maybe, you are trying too hard and I think that you, like me, are pushed by your parents and you expect that you have to finish college to prove something.

Been there, done that, got the badge. Fighting, drugs or suicide are not the ways to go. Yea I could go out and streetfight but why should I. You end up being completely screwed up and for what. Mohammed Ali anybody?! Gees, man, doing drugs is less dangerous.

I would take time out. Its a new year, time for a change. If you are stressed out and your family are quite poor (which from what it sounds, sounds like my situation was too) then take 6 months out. It will give you time to sort your problems out and have a think about the direction you are going.

I am sure that your college course can be done part time, and there are other routes to get where you wanna go.

Hope it works out for ya pal.

Best Wishes

Scott

#130785 - 01/12/05 11:51 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seems like you need a different perspective. Here is my point of view. I have been doing TKD fro about 5 years and am two gradings off my black belt. Part of our traingin is to NEVER involve yourself in a fight unless you absolutaley have to. This would include organised street fights, which in my point of view are petty and degrade martial arts to their lowest point.

As for your financial situation, mabey you should give up Karate for a while. An education is a much greater tool than a black belt in martial arts. Thankfully I have had the privellage to have supporting parents who were willing to aid me financialy throughout highschool and Uni. But getting your face kicked in for a few bucks does not sound like a rational decission. You can always start martial arts up again later.

#130786 - 01/27/05 12:20 AM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

all im saying is that if your getting grabbed by a tae kwon do guy and your losing to that then you need some serious work, if your even letting your opponent enter on you without letting your mind purely flow and letting your body do the same then you should not continue this. you seem like you are very proud and have something to prove. Well so are these other kids that fight ufc. im aware that you want to be a champion, but everyone is the novice at sometime in their life. also i believe in natural talent, which i have no idea if you have or not, but some people are warriors and some just arent. you do not sound like you are prepared enough for this, and just because you have watched every ufc doesnt mean your a ufc fighter. what's better losing the money and having your a$$ beat, or just saving yourself the cash and trying to find some way of student loans or something. use your wits instead of your pride.

#130787 - 02/05/05 08:33 AM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, will the reward for winning be enough to cover bare knuckle boxing? You do know thats the REAL kind, where you break faces and get yours broken in return... but hey, I'm working and going to school. Feel you on the $ issue.

- Op. Skinny Ninja

#130788 - 02/07/05 07:17 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why don't you write a script about your situation? It sounds like an interesting story and you know all the moves to put in the fight scenes of the script. Minimum wage for a script is US $96,000 in the states, if you can get it sold.

#130789 - 02/14/05 06:43 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, that's the best idea I have heared, that would be a very interesting script, if made right. If you decide to fight good luck.

#130790 - 02/17/05 03:18 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah it would make a strange Rocky kind of flick.

I think that If you can trust someone to throw in the towel when needed, and there are enough rules to keep you relatively safe you should perhaps consider it. Foolish as it is you seem to be fighting for the right to education, which I guess, is something really worth fighting for.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga