FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
LeroyCFischer 1
William_Bent 1
simonajones111 1
futsaowingchun 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#130771 - 10/31/04 05:12 PM Re: My Street Fight
gojuwarrior1 Offline
tougher than you

Loc: East Coast, USA
warrior_james,goju is not gear'd towards point fighting,it is a full contact style. GojuR,only you can make the dicision to fight or drop out.What is your first thought to do?......then that is the right thing to do,do not let anyone tell you different.If you will fight,trust youre training and do not think of winning,rather think that you do not have to lose...hmm,that sounds familure?

#130772 - 10/31/04 08:08 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

No offense, but if you had any training at all you'd knock his hand away first. I've been in countless street fights and I've never let anyone grab me as a first move. You need more training or sparring practice.

#130773 - 11/01/04 04:48 PM Re: My Street Fight
Isshinryukid4life Offline
Professional Injury causer

Loc: Knoxville.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WhyCantIbeSteve:
No offense, but if you had any training at all you'd knock his hand away first. I've been in countless street fights and I've never let anyone grab me as a first move. You need more training or sparring practice.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

#130774 - 11/08/04 04:23 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't you take one semester of to work?

Thank God I live in a country where you don't have to pay to get into College.

Best of luck!

#130775 - 11/09/04 03:04 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see your are from Winnipeg, MB. Hello fellow Manitobian. I was born in Brandon and have many friends in Winnipeg so I know my way around somewhat. Currently living in Alberta.

I don't think it is a good idea to fight and I don't think your instructor would approve of it either, if he/she is reputable. $2000 to the winner ... doesn't matter who wins a fight, win or loose you are going to hurt. Thank god Canada's Health Care is good ... you'll probably need it.

Dropping out of school is not so bad of an idea. If you are worried about not going back then how important is it really? They always say a good education is important but I know too many people that do have a good education and are doing something else that has nothing related with their training.

Weigh out all of your options carefully. Write them down and leave it alone for a while and come back to it when your mind is clearer. Maybe you will see things differently. If not, and you still decide to fight, kick ass and take no prisoners. Good luck in your decision.

Quote from Man On Fire: "You are either trained or untrained. Which are you?"

#130776 - 11/11/04 09:37 AM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

I refuse to drop out; Ive seen it too many times where people say that their going to drop out for a month, maybe two, or a year, and somehow never manage to getting around to going back to school. I WILL fight, and will win. Ive tried every single other possible option. Sounds stupid, I no, but last time was about as bad as it gets, and I'm willing to take that risk again for a good chance at gaining about 2000, maybe more. Ps: Nobody has ever died from doing this, at MOST, knocked out or maybe something got broken.

#130777 - 11/18/04 09:41 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Heh. Well if you are not droping out I would like to know how your fight ends up. Be sure to post weather you win or lose.

#130778 - 11/30/04 04:36 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

Read this and take my advice it will help .Good luck man,take advice if you want to fight for money join ufc.Its a legal martial arts organation that consists of boxing,wrestling,karate,jujitsu,jeetkundo and ect......
Karate experts are good fighters especailly on feet.But that is the problem right there.They are great on feet but when you are tooken to the ground your history.I think you should join jujitsu it is a art made up of punching kicking grappling and submission.In jujitsu you cant go wrong in no holds barred you have advantage standing up fighting and on ground.Jujitsu fighters have the advantage when they are on bottom.YOu say your a brown belt right?Try giving youth karate lessons.Good luck wit the fight.Kep your distance keep giving strikes to wear him down.

#130779 - 12/02/04 08:23 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

JJkid, I respect your advice, and thank you. I no all about UFC, I've seen EVERY one, and every one that goes by I get more ashamed. One happend was, they ran out of champions, and started picking regular people. Also, they went national and had a bunch of stuck-up snobs that no nothing about the MA's make up needless rules and time limits that have fighters fighting against the rules instead of each other. Also, I have noticed that those who have fifty "black belts" in fifty different styles don't no one of those styles well enough to use in a fight. It takes a life time to scratch the surface of ONE art, what are the chances of "mastering" two, or three, or with some idiots, four or five or six or seven. I commit myself to ONE style. I enjoy being an master of one, instead of a knower of everything and master of nothing. Ps: I do some privates, but it takes away time that I could be spending at work, so it's kind of a wash.

#130780 - 12/07/04 12:12 PM Re: My Street Fight
Anonymous
Unregistered

id suggest looking for a job as a bouncer or a glorified security guard, but judging from your size and that last fight, i dont know if youll have much luck.

if i were in your place id fight. education is quite important to me, much more so than a few bruises. The fight may be illegal, but its far from as dangerous as it could be, the people sound like they have brains, and the fact that you can tap out or have a towel thrown in for you says it all.

do what you need to do, but i say schedule that fight as late as possible and get some sound training in. and SPAR, you seemed to have panicked, and you need to practice being in similar situations so you dont lock up so quick. did you not know what to do with him holding you? or you just froze. with my art, id love for someone to be foolish enough to touch me. practice combinations. with several moves in succession (spar with them to make sure they are practical) and drill these into your head. Ive found that for an inexperience fighter, just a few combinations are enough to win a fight. dont hesitate, and dont stop until the fight is called off. have fun

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga