FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 15
cxt 7
trevek 6
futsaowingchun 3
JKogas 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 12:04 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/29/14 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432456 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#130612 - 07/07/04 09:18 PM Topic Deletion
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Derry, NH
I just deleted a topic, something I rarely do.

But I won't accept discussion about violent response to dumb people. In every rational society there are other answers. Regardless of how big an a** somebody is there is no justification to strike them.

I suggest one seeks better answers and we have better things to discuss.

IMO,

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu

#130613 - 10/01/04 10:57 AM Re: Topic Deletion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Victor, wwhy everytime when you post a topic or reply do you act like your Mr.Wise GRAND MASTER and that you no better than all, as if theres some age old lesson to be learned in every aspect of every conversation you get involved in and your here-Mr.Wise ass- to explain and teach that lesson. Hey Vic, Go, **** YOURSELF!

#130614 - 10/01/04 11:41 AM Re: Topic Deletion
Anonymous
Unregistered

GojuR,
Loosen up your tuke and stop talking like a lot lizard.

[This message has been edited by oldman (edited 10-01-2004).]

#130615 - 10/01/04 12:31 PM Re: Topic Deletion
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GojuR:
Hey Victor, wwhy everytime when you post a topic or reply do you act like your Mr.Wise GRAND MASTER and that you no better than all, as if theres some age old lesson to be learned in every aspect of every conversation you get involved in and your here-Mr.Wise ass- to explain and teach that lesson. Hey Vic, Go, **** YOURSELF![/QUOTE]

Lookit me!! I'm not responding violently to a dumb person!

Mr. Smith, keep up your good work.

Despite any opinions you may have of me, I hold you in very high regard. (I believe it was your website that convinced me [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] )

#130616 - 10/01/04 02:42 PM Re: Topic Deletion
senseilou Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Glendale, Az.
Hey Victor, why everytime when you post a topic or reply do you act like your Mr.Wise GRAND MASTER and that you no better than all, as if theres some age old lesson to be learned in every aspect of every conversation you get involved in and your here-Mr.Wise ass- to explain and teach that lesson. Hey Vic, Go, **** YOURSELF!

This is the exact type of behavior that I was talking about, see post Lack of Respect is Killing the Martial Arts in the Martial teaching section. Its this type of disrespect that is killing our beloved arts. I have been around this message board over 2 years and NEVER, NEVER seen any thing Mr. Smith said that was disrespectful or high handed. The problem here is here that Mr. Smith has KNOWLEDGE and others who obviuosly don't, feel threatened. Knowledge=Power and people feel intimidated if they don't know as much. My point is that if one was truly knowledgeable he would find Mr. Smith a great asset. Just by putting something on the internet for millions to see and showing any disrespect shows that the person really hasn't learned the first lesson in Martial Arts......Respect! The reason we need people to moderate forums is because we have people like this who take shots at those who have been in the arts for years. For me its getting old, and I am having real problems keeping my tongue. Mr Smith from another old guy, keep on keeping on, don't let people like this stop your sharing of information, though I know its gets tough listening to this Mickey Mouse, Juvenile Nonsense.

#130617 - 10/01/04 03:55 PM Re: Topic Deletion
Victor Smith Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Derry, NH
GojuR,

Boy you have an impressive command of the ***** key, perhaps I'll learn how to do it someday.

My time is very limited and I only tend to weigh in on very technical discussions and share what I've trained, teach or do.

Likewise this discussion group arose from my suggestion we could learn from sharing our stories.

Well here's one I was taught early, all stories are not created equal. I've chosen to remain in the arts for 3 decades because of sheer fun training and teaching. I've trained with people in many systems with great talents.

None of them ever in 30 years claimed anything but what they did on the floor. Nor do I. I'm happy to share each crack of the ribs they shared with me, period.

But there is so much dis-information out there I often have a hard time letting fables pass for reality. And there are too many of them.

Nor will I let stories pass how great it was to beat on some girl, or dog.

Funny but I was taught to be a man and not let such behavior passs as acceptable.

But then I'm a real person, I don't hid behind cute names, and I hit when provoked.

BTW I don't discuss my rank (a personal issues between me and my instructors) and don't beleive masters or grand masters exist.

But people who know things of consequence do, and I'll encourage intelligent discussion always.

So GojuR..... have a pleasant day,

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu

#130618 - 10/06/04 09:23 AM Re: Topic Deletion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I have to agree with GojuR. Like right there, you JUST tried to make another life long lesson out of shi+ the fu<k all. Your mother smells, the only thing the martial arts has taught you is how people kick your ass every day at work/high school. So i was talking to Mr. Miyagi on the weekend and he was telling me about the national championship that was up coming before december, i was so pleased to take place in this event. Vic i hope you can take some time out of your pro. work to come down and visit, i would look forward to reading the story you have to write after. Vic. your the reason i wake up in the morning i love you and always willll -HEYYYYYYAHHHHH

#130619 - 10/06/04 10:19 AM Re: Topic Deletion
Anonymous
Unregistered

11thdegree,
Your skills must be truely amazing.
So i was talking to Mr. Miyagi on the weekend and he was telling me about the national championship that was up coming before december, i was so pleased to take place in this event.

It appears that, if I'm not mistaken , you were somehow able to compete in a championship that will take place in the future. Amazing

oldman

#130620 - 10/06/04 11:37 AM Re: Topic Deletion
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it was a joke. I can't really tell though.

#130621 - 10/06/04 12:18 PM Re: Topic Deletion
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Foolsgold:
I think it was a joke. I can't really tell though.[/QUOTE]

Possibly an attempt, but your uncertainty is evidence that it was, at best , an attempt at a joke.
Jokes, not unlike the martial arts should be direct and effective. They can be subtle but I'm pretty confident that 11thdegree was not trying to be subtle.
For example he states "your mother smells", an insult, overused and poorly executed. And what about "-HEYYYYYYAHHHHH" perhaps an obtuse reference to "andre3000". And " i love you and always willll". That is more" sarcasm" than a joke.
Sarcasm as you know generally reflects an unaddressed anger or insecurity in the speaker.
In my mind it was akin to a toddler sticking his tounge out and going "nayaahhh nayaahhh".
So, I really don't think we should call it a joke.
I think it was an honest an unskilled attempt at humor.

oldman

p.s. Mr. Smith, I still chuckle occaisionaly when I remember the " fresh Derry air" joke.

Thank you for your Patience.

#130622 - 10/06/04 05:38 PM Re: Topic Deletion
Anonymous
Unregistered

We may never know [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

11th degree, do you have anything to say in your own defence? Or were you banned for breaking the language rules and attacking a moderator?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga