FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
cxt 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#130578 - 07/05/04 08:17 PM Re: i suck at fightin
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lilguyboi03:
It was yesterday that this guy started pushing me and then i pushed him 4 feet back, and my heart was pumping fast, and i have some major headache problems once in a while and the next thing i know, he charged me and i fell on my knees. My head was below and between his legs and his left hand was on my back, holding me down so i couldn't get up. I attempt to get up but finally got up after receiving 3 punches on the back. Then security came. Can someone give me some advice? [ ps. after i pushed him back 4 feet, i started having headache and started getting dizzy ][/QUOTE] i think that u prolly had a rush a head rush that is prolly why u got dissy also about that thing were he was on top of u punching then just grab his/her hair with 1 hand then take the other grab his or her shirt and also train harder build muscle

#130579 - 07/05/04 08:20 PM Re: i suck at fightin
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brucejkd13:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lilguyboi03:
It was yesterday that this guy started pushing me and then i pushed him 4 feet back, and my heart was pumping fast, and i have some major headache problems once in a while and the next thing i know, he charged me and i fell on my knees. My head was below and between his legs and his left hand was on my back, holding me down so i couldn't get up. I attempt to get up but finally got up after receiving 3 punches on the back. Then security came. Can someone give me some advice? [ ps. after i pushed him back 4 feet, i started having headache and started getting dizzy ][/QUOTE] i think that u prolly had a rush a head rush that is prolly why u got dissy also about that thing were he was on top of u punching then just grab his/her hair with 1 hand then take the other grab his or her shirt and also train harder build muscle

[/QUOTE]also i think u should study the art of DIM MAK it is pressure points go to this site www.dimmak.net

#130580 - 07/06/04 08:32 AM Re: i suck at fightin
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Victor Smith:
Hi,

First off it sounds as if you my have suffered a stress reaction. Very importatant, You should seek competent medical advice as to your physical condition.

Stress is real and its effects are physiological. I'm not an expert but it certainly sounds like you were experiencing a physical response from the stress of your situation, and those physical effects can be incapacating.

Victor Smith
bushi no te isshinryu
[/QUOTE]

you might be starting to get narcilepsy

#130581 - 07/07/04 08:28 PM Re: i suck at fightin
Anonymous
Unregistered

the best thing to do is go outside ofr a walk or go to your bedroom turn off all light and sounds and try to meditate to relive the stress so your in better fighting condition

#130582 - 07/08/04 09:59 AM Re: i suck at fightin
Tatsumaru Offline

you dont have to learn to fight to stop that incident happening again and even with your breathing problem there are a lot of things you can learn to defend yourself that require very little effort in the way of movement.
I know your adrenalines going nuts and all you wanna do is dive on your attacker and paste his head up the pavement,everyone wants to because it looks cool.
You dont necesarily need to learn how to fight and just because you had a bad incident doesnt mean you cant fight,everyone can fight,I think if anything you'd need to learn to just defend yourself,defuse the situation before it escolates in to anything bigger and by the sound sof it you just need a little experience dealing with this sort of situation,because once you know how to deal with it you don't get so fired up so easily.
My best defense is ignorance,if you completly blank someone whos giving you abuse your the better person for walking away,no fighting,dont even make eye contact,yet you get the satisfaction of knowing their just minute idiots in the world trying to show off like primates.
Plus it annoys them so so much more because their trying to get a reaction out of you,if they don't get it,they look like pratts,not you.

For the breathing problems,i'd say start off something light if you want to get in to martial arts but definately see your doctor about it,make sure he knows whats going on with you and he thinks it's ok,if he does make sure you tell your instructor about your condition so he doesn't push you too hard.

#130583 - 07/08/04 02:00 PM Re: i suck at fightin
Anonymous
Unregistered

well if u have breathing problems maybe u have asthma in that case take martial arts one litle step at a time

#130584 - 10/06/04 09:52 PM Re: i suck at fightin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, first post.

I have social anxiety disorder, and before I got on medication, I used to have panic attacks when physical altercations started, because of all of the attention that it drew. I had panic attacks at other times, but that's irrelevant. Try Zoloft.

I have to question Victor Smith's connection between training at a dojo and being good at fighting. If you want to be good at fighting, you have to be comfortable with hurting, maiming, and possibly killing other living, breathing human beings. Not only do you need to be comfortable with it, but in a fight, it must immediately become your primary focus. Many karate students can get taken out by preemptive headlocks and the like because they do not *train* in realistic situations.

Next time somebody pushes you, just duck into a protective stance and kick him the shins, hard, again and again. Unless you routinely square off against Muay-Thay kickboxers and such, it should put him down. Then run.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga