FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
old1, Leonar, ManLar, Vimido, raya
22925 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
Victor Smith 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
cxt 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22925 Members
36 Forums
35582 Topics
432510 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#130308 - 08/23/04 04:10 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

i started Shotokan, (I was very good just so you know) but got out because I realized that I never needed it, and probably never would, (i had never been in a REAL fight), but all those martial arts people inspired me too to get into it. (Jet Li, tmnt, pr, Jackie Chan, and even my father) sry, no point [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

#130309 - 09/30/04 12:37 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

There have been some really good stories on this thread so far - so I wouldn't be surprised at all if my lil bit will be any interesting hehe.

I'm beginning my first martial arts training next week btw [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

I've never been in a fight in my whole life (I'm 18 now)... probably because a) I manage to talk them out of it... and b) You won't believe the speed and distance that I seem to run at.

Anyways, to my story...

year 7, I'm 11 years old, and this guy hated me for no reason whatsoever... so one day he came opposite me in the school field and a group of about 20-30 spectators immediately formed around us, willing us onto fight. I had nowhere to run, so as he started punching me, I managed to grab his glasses off which I threw as hard as I could onto the grass, and then stamped on them. He started crying and I felt really bad for him - anyways, the fight ended right there, I apologised, he got free glasses from wherever he buys his glasses, and over the next few months we were decent friends.

How does that work? Meh, I'm miffed - but yeah, WingTsun next week, boy I can't wait!

#130310 - 10/23/04 05:26 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

DamaiBushi (ashley)
are you Hot? [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/redface.gif[/IMG]

#130311 - 10/29/04 04:24 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

i always try to stray from fights but recently i had an encounter with my friends (now ex) boyfriend, Im 16 and in 11th grade and when i found out that my friend had been having some trouble with her boyfriend naturally i was a little worried for her safety because i live in a pretty bad neighborhood and her boyfriend was one of those guys who wears the giant football jerseys with the hooded sweatshirts under them and pants that are 3 sizes too big, with the crooked baseball cap and the doo rag, anyways one day durring lunch i walked out to find my friend being yelled at by her boyfriend, and he was getting kind of rough with her, grabbing her wrist and yankin her around, unfortunately i couldnt see any teachers or staff around and i was afraid that if i left to find one she might get hurt, so i walked up and got between them and told him that he needed to leave, he gave me one of those gangster wannabe looks and asked "Who the F**K is this?" so i told him again that he needed to leave and he went to push me but when he put pressure on my chest i turned to the side and he lost his balance and fell on his face he got up and swung at me luckily it was a really tellegraphed punch so i saw it coming and blocked it which threw him off guard to where i could grab him and get him in a headlock and on to the ground, i told my friend to go find a teacher and i held him there on the ground for probably a minute before she returned with the campus officer. luckily this guy was a horrible fighter or someone may have gotten hurt. all that happened to me was i got a few small scrapes because he was thrashing around so much while i was holding him on the ground. i would tell you some of the nasty things he said but i doubt any of you want to hear that. I got away lucky too because usually both people fighting get suspended but this guy had a bad rap with all the teachers and my friend explained everything that happened so i got off without any trouble.*WHEW* anyways thats my story, this happened about a month ago and since then my friend has found a new boyfriend and no he isnt a thug, he is actually someone ive known for a while and i trust him to be a good guy.

#130312 - 11/01/04 06:07 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey damai. i know how you feel... i too am in the 8th grade and got in a fight with a friend in the 2nd grade. he betrayed me one day by picking on the girl i liked so i pushed him... next thing i know a fist came at me and i ducked andgrabbed his foot and just sprang up hoping it would trip him. well it worked but the he called his friend and they had me on the ground. lets just say i had too much pride to call for help but when my sight was blinded by blood, i had to. next thing it was two on two. i won the fight but i wish that there had never been a fight because that led to me neing jumped, picked on, and laughed at. but since i have been in ckd, i have not gotten in a single fight...

#130313 - 12/02/04 12:44 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have a dumb question, is any of that "fight" they do on 'power rangers' right? i mean is any of it accurate?

#130314 - 05/05/05 07:29 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers [Re: ken harding]
TenteiKarite Offline

Loc: Euclid, Oh, USA
I am 15, and i never really watched Power Rangers, but i know how it feels to have people constantly challenge you. back in 3rd grade, I accidentally let slip that i was taking Tae Kwan Do, and every year after that i get some retard, who thinks he's bruce lee, trying to fight me. i've even moved to a different city, but one of them moved after me, and spread the word. it's not like I really have a choice to fight them, because they come after me in groups of 3. I try to walk away, they hit me, i try to tell an adult, but there are none around, I try to run again, and they hit me again. eventually, I say "screw this, they're asking for it" they all end up leaving me alone, and I have a peaceful time, until the next one... endless cycle, I swear. btw. i quit taking TKD about 4 years ago. I have learned from various styles, and have constructed my own, efficient style. I even had someone who, by chance, saw me take down a group, ask me to teach him. I declined the offer, because I'd probably end up getting the kid hurt, more than helping him. I am in no way a teacher.

well, thanks for listening to the ramblings of a hunted teen... gotta go, 4 guys are knocking on my door... here we go again.

Edited by TenteiKarite (05/05/05 07:40 PM)

#130315 - 05/05/05 07:42 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers [Re: DamaiBushi]
Inuyasha Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
This story is a classic...

#130316 - 05/06/05 02:22 AM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers [Re: TenteiKarite]
SANCHIN31 Offline
Former Moderator

Loc: Arkansas, U.S.
Oh yes indeed! All great styles were born from 15yr olds who never took the time or had the dedication to stick with one style before becoming so consumed with themselves they JUST HAD to start their own useless style! Good grief child!!

#130317 - 05/06/05 03:03 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers [Re: SANCHIN31]
TenteiKarite Offline

Loc: Euclid, Oh, USA
Quote:

Oh yes indeed! All great styles were born from 15yr olds who never took the time or had the dedication to stick with one style before becoming so consumed with themselves they JUST HAD to start their own useless style! Good grief child!!

I have already explained that i have not skipped from style to style. i took a blend of styles for the majority of my life. I continue learning, and modifying what I use, thus I have my own personal style of fighting... which As I have already stated, so does everybody else.

if you still disagree with me, oh, well, it's not like I really had a choice in this matter anyway. My mother was running out of money, and I had to quit. i found a cheaper school, but it closed a little more than a month after I joined. I took what i did learn, picked the best and worst out of it, and blended it into my own unique fighting style.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga