FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 53 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
royal 2
Dobbersky 2
MattJ 2
UKfightfreak 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#130298 - 08/25/03 01:35 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Bossman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Chatham Kent UK
I helped write a script for the video and wrote a book called "Karate Warrior" with the Red Power Ranger (Austin St John) and I have to say that he was one of the most well educated and good mannered Martial Artists that I ever met.

At the video shoot he explained good manners and ettiquete to the children involved in the shoot and even got the boys to wait patiently whilst the girls collected their food first.

I was impressed!

Steve Rowe

#130299 - 09/09/03 08:44 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Karate kid Offline
Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DamaiBushi:
Kanichiwa all. Before I begin my short-story, I'd like to begin off with saying I'm freshly new here. I first noticed this site when my Sensei gave the class a print out of a article he wrote for his site. Anyway, here I am.
Now with my story.

Second grade brawls. We all remember our little play ground fights with small fists flying onto pudgy little faces and rowling around in the dirt on the field. In my case, it was a little different. It was recess. The spring time. It was a little cool outside. I was in the second grade, and I was about 8 or 9 years old. Me and one of my friends got into a little nit-pick that made us cross our arms and turn into our own directions. Evidently he told his friends about it. His friends- turning on me. I was only 4 feet tall at the time, and weighed no more than 45 lbs. I was one tiny second grader. His friends walk up to me all mean and tough looking, and them big mouthing that they're going to kick my butt for hurting Toney's feelings. I decided to play tough back and asked them "what are you going to do about it?" I clearly found out the answer soon enough. Before I knew it I had 3 boys chassing me across the field, onto the black top, and cornered at the trailer on the school back- parking lot. I remember a few hard hits to the stomach, and me effortlessly trying to deffend myself. I only remember one hit to the face but it left me with a bloody lip. I was able to squeeze myself away from them and run halfway across the parking lot before I was grabbed under the arms and held into a nice tight-hold. I had no way to my knowledge how to escape(but now I know how I could've gotten out of it. One of the boys named Joe stood infront of me, while his other friend kept me in that tight hold with my arms down going numb. Joe ran at me, with a fist balled in his hands, ready to punch me in the stomach. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers came to mind. My favorite show in the universe. I decided I wasn't going to let this "puddy" take me down. As Joe ran at me, I sprang up, bent my knee's, droped back a bit onto the boy holding me, and kicked Joe in the groin hard enough to drop him. Talk about your lesson for the day. To me, that was self deffense. I had called for help a few times but the play-ground aids were across the school yard watching the boys play soccer. But how lovely it was to FINALLY notice me and those two boys fighting eachother. That was self-deffense. I could've sworn those boys mothers never taught them to NEVER hit a girl! Oh well, when a boy hits a girl, there's serious pay-back. I got into more trouble than those two did. But there was no principal calling home or anything like that. Just me and the hench-man of those boys talking with the teacher. We made our truce, and promised to never fight again...
**************AUTHORS NOTE******************
Well, that's my true life story from second grade. Anyways, I'm 14 years old now, in the 8th grade. My name's Ashley. I'm 14 years old, and yes I'm a female. That's not the only time I was caught in the line of fire. During my primary years of school I got into alot of fist-swinging fights. But of coarse, I never started it. I was never a bad kid, and no, I never fought out of anger. Just out of self defense. Sometimes I think I watched TOO MUCH Power Rangers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutrles, and Dragon Ball/Z. But one of those shows came in handy in second grade!
Me and all those boys are "friends" now. We're kind of like rivals, but we don't go around hitting eachother. They just like trading insults with me, so I just tend to roll my eyes at them.
I'm a amateure at Matsumura Seito Shorin Ryu; best commonly known as Sholin. I'm a white belt, and I'm loving it. I want to thank my Sensei for being such a great instructor.
[/QUOTE]

COOL, im 14 and take aikido for a while now.

#130300 - 11/08/03 05:40 AM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Tatsumaru Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DamaiBushi:
Kanichiwa all. Before I begin my short-story, I'd like to begin off with saying I'm freshly new here. I first noticed this site when my Sensei gave the class a print out of a article he wrote for his site. Anyway, here I am.
Now with my story.

Second grade brawls. We all remember our little play ground fights with small fists flying onto pudgy little faces and rowling around in the dirt on the field. In my case, it was a little different. It was recess. The spring time. It was a little cool outside. I was in the second grade, and I was about 8 or 9 years old. Me and one of my friends got into a little nit-pick that made us cross our arms and turn into our own directions. Evidently he told his friends about it. His friends- turning on me. I was only 4 feet tall at the time, and weighed no more than 45 lbs. I was one tiny second grader. His friends walk up to me all mean and tough looking, and them big mouthing that they're going to kick my butt for hurting Toney's feelings. I decided to play tough back and asked them "what are you going to do about it?" I clearly found out the answer soon enough. Before I knew it I had 3 boys chassing me across the field, onto the black top, and cornered at the trailer on the school back- parking lot. I remember a few hard hits to the stomach, and me effortlessly trying to deffend myself. I only remember one hit to the face but it left me with a bloody lip. I was able to squeeze myself away from them and run halfway across the parking lot before I was grabbed under the arms and held into a nice tight-hold. I had no way to my knowledge how to escape(but now I know how I could've gotten out of it. One of the boys named Joe stood infront of me, while his other friend kept me in that tight hold with my arms down going numb. Joe ran at me, with a fist balled in his hands, ready to punch me in the stomach. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers came to mind. My favorite show in the universe. I decided I wasn't going to let this "puddy" take me down. As Joe ran at me, I sprang up, bent my knee's, droped back a bit onto the boy holding me, and kicked Joe in the groin hard enough to drop him. Talk about your lesson for the day. To me, that was self deffense. I had called for help a few times but the play-ground aids were across the school yard watching the boys play soccer. But how lovely it was to FINALLY notice me and those two boys fighting eachother. That was self-deffense. I could've sworn those boys mothers never taught them to NEVER hit a girl! Oh well, when a boy hits a girl, there's serious pay-back. I got into more trouble than those two did. But there was no principal calling home or anything like that. Just me and the hench-man of those boys talking with the teacher. We made our truce, and promised to never fight again...
**************AUTHORS NOTE******************
Well, that's my true life story from second grade. Anyways, I'm 14 years old now, in the 8th grade. My name's Ashley. I'm 14 years old, and yes I'm a female. That's not the only time I was caught in the line of fire. During my primary years of school I got into alot of fist-swinging fights. But of coarse, I never started it. I was never a bad kid, and no, I never fought out of anger. Just out of self defense. Sometimes I think I watched TOO MUCH Power Rangers, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Tutrles, and Dragon Ball/Z. But one of those shows came in handy in second grade!
Me and all those boys are "friends" now. We're kind of like rivals, but we don't go around hitting eachother. They just like trading insults with me, so I just tend to roll my eyes at them.
I'm a amateure at Matsumura Seito Shorin Ryu; best commonly known as Sholin. I'm a white belt, and I'm loving it. I want to thank my Sensei for being such a great instructor.
[/QUOTE]

I know girls can be excellent fighters too,i'm not being sexist,but girls are always smaller than guys,it hurts more if a guy hits a guy,someone said once men are the strength and women are the wisdom,couldn't be more true,we men have the brawn,but the women do the thinking.
It makes me sick when I see a man raise his fist to a woman,I used to be the fat kid who was always picked on at school,i was big but i wouldnt fight back,so I never used to stick up for myself.
I remember once,I saw a guy with a woman against some railings,in broad daylight,pounding her head with his fist,but of course I was only 12,and I had low self esteem,I couldnt do a thing,I felt so helpless.
But i'm 19 now,and i've takena very big transformation,I learn bits and bobs all over the place but after reading up on the Samurai's true links,I decided i'd get myself in to the very style used against them,Karate,and DAMN it's made my self confidence soar up,anyways more ot the point,it was a little while back,I saw a guy raise his fist to a woman,but I wasn't the helpless little 12 year old anymore,so I went over,and openly asked him to raise his fist to me not her.
lol,i think he was kind of stunned,he wasnt a small bloke,but i said to him "hit someone your own size I dare you".
He didn't,sadley,I would have Uraken'ed his nose across his face if he did.
But I think people need to stick up for girls they see in situations like that,i'm not trying to portray them as the damzels in distress,but they learn a thing or two when someone their own size challenges them,it's amazing how much they back down.
And as for power rangers,they were my lead to martial arts as well,I still have all the old toys in the loft,with it's boxes and everything,the karate choppin' figures,I was a maniac with it all,I even met them once,well,people dressed up like them..ahhhhh,I got a cuddle from the pink ranger too,mind you it was probably a bloke,he did have a helmet on.
Thinking about it i'd love to spar with Jason Frank,he was my childhood hero (he was green and white ranger BTW) so it'd be a dream to spar with him.
anyways,keep safe all and do yourselves a favor,dont do anything I do.

#130301 - 12/13/03 11:33 AM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
40+TKDLee Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX, USA
Hello all,
As you can see by Username, I am 40+ (42 to be exact). I too am totally against violence toward women (thanks to an abusive father). This story happened thirty years ago, shortly after said father died. During school, between classes, we had to wait for the teacher to arrive and open the classrom door. During this time, a kid named Jason was running around pretending to hit the boys in stomach and face (pow, crunch....that sort of Batman schtick), anyway he ran out of boys and pretended to hit this girl in face, actually coming very close to hitting her. The rest just happened in slow motion, with a red haze in front of my eyes. I yelled for him to stop and started chasing him through the hall. He saw I was really pissed and tried to get away. After about fifty feet I had him by the back of the legs and on the ground. I had him pinned underneath me and was ready to put his lights out, but luckily a male teacher grabbed my arm before I could strike. Yes, I mean luckily, because if I would have landed that blow, he would have been seriously hurt. I was suspended (he wasn't, even though other kids defended me) and Jason seemed to learn a lesson, because he did not pretend to hit anyone again (at least not while I was around). Fast forward to about a year ago. My wife and children are going into a fast food place, and this punch is outside wailing on his girlfriend. My wife tells the store manager and the police arrive, yada, yada. She said she glad that I was not with them, because I would have reacted to the situation. She is aware of my MA abilities (at that time a Red belt in TKD) and knows I could have hurt him. Recalling the incident of my youth, I have restrained him until police arrived, instead of trying to hurt him. Just my $.02.

Thanks for listening,
Pilsung

#130302 - 07/17/04 07:41 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Odly enough.. Power rangers was one of the reasons lol.. i took up martial arts.. i started wing chun when i was 7 and took up ninjitsu when i was 15.

Mighty Morphen Power Rangers....

Alex

#130303 - 07/18/04 02:07 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

My story went a little something like this. I was in fithe grade and a rather chubby little thing. The kid i fought was a year younger than I but a real badass or so everyone else thought. I was a very passive person I would stand there and cry rather than get into a fight. I was never afraid I just didn't like to fight. Well fight for real anyway. This kid had been picking on me fo a solid five months and I just let it happen. I was cool as long as I was not touched. So one day on the ride home he had been doing his usual thing, insults, foul language, that sort of thing. Except this time was different. He decide it would be funny to get me to cry in front of the whole bus. So he starts to knock my head against the window. Not enough to do dammage but just enough to get me angry. My stop came up and he pushed a little too hard and I got mad. I got right in his face and stared him right in the eyes. He just stood there smiling. He knew I wasn't going to do anything. And I never planned to do anything. Once I got my addrenaline back down to where I could handle it my friend Alvin told me to forget him and lets go home. I turned to get my stuff and the back of my head lit up. He had slapped me in the back of the head. That was truly the last straw. I went berserk. I wipped around and caught him with a quick combination I had learned from my father. Back in the day he used to be a ameture boxer. Anyway, I threw two left jabs, a right cross, a left hook, a right uppercut, and another left hook that knocked him into on of the back seats. Then I really lost it. He was in the sea crying in the fetal position. And for some reason his crying to me sounded like laughter. I told you I lost it. I'm standing there over him saying "You're laughing at me," repeating this over and over a few times. Then I started the WWF moves. Leg drops, elbow drops, knee drop, double knee drop, belly flop. I was a madman. Once the rage left and I was back down to just an extreme addrenaline rush I pulled myself off of him. He went to the bus driver to tell what I had did. She had seen him picking on me from time to time and just told him he should have left me alone he came back to the back of the us and sat down crying. The bus driver had seen him picking on other kids as well so she figured he got what was comming to him.

The Original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers ruled after. After the whit ranger it was all down hill.

[This message has been edited by Zatoichi (edited 07-18-2004).]

#130304 - 08/06/04 12:20 AM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers....

anyway i have no story but i used to like green/white ranger, red being secondary.

GOGO POWER RANGERS....

#130305 - 08/06/04 07:12 AM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
ken harding Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: UK
Maybe it's just me but Power Rangers are banned in our house when I'm about.

Can't stand the damn show but it's nice to see it has been positive for some of you. I will reconsider my views perhaps.

#130306 - 08/16/04 01:05 AM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

When people ask me why I started Martial Arts, I have to give them the facts:

I was three years old, and dammit, I wanted to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!!!

Heroes in a halfshell, turtle power!

Tang Soo!

#130307 - 08/18/04 05:42 PM Re: A lesson from the Power Rangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles rocks the scene. Im Italian and Michelangelo is the best. The first fight i got into was either forth of fith grade. I was undersized compared to all the rest of the kids. One day a game of soccer got out of hand and these to boys started to beat up my friend Ryan. Once i noticed what was going on i started to make my way over pushing people out of my way and trying to release myself from his sister cause she didnt want me to fight because Ryan was fighting already. I moved her to the side sprinted and jumped as high as i could. I layed flat in the air and slammed both feet into the chest of the kid opposite my side of ryan( on the ground ). The kid fell and me and ryan both got to our feet. My lower back hurt but it didnt phase me. Both kids tried to bum rush us and I went to work. My brothers taught me the basics and i learned the rest on my own both are bigger than me and older ( 23,26 me 17 )
Lets just say that three kids left bloody. The two kids were punished be me because i was young and dumb ( still am! )and didnt realize how dangerous fighting can be. Ryan layed on the floor with the other kid kicking him. I squared up with the other kid gave him a couple quick shots and when he bent over kneed him in the face. He was done. I turned and saw the other kid kicking ryan walked over and haymakered this kid and he layed flat without getting up. All of us got into trouble but i got into more trouble because " it wasnt my fight and i hurt two kids bad". There has been times when i have gone overboard ( more extreme than this and regretted ) and been arrested. I have no martial arts training and am in the process of finding a style that will suit me. I can say that i have been lucky that is why im still walking today.

LVJohnny

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, McSensei, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga