Dr. John P. Painter (Ph.D in Naturopathic Medicine) has been learning and practicing Jiulong Baguazhang, Taijiquan and Xingyiquan from the Li family's system since 1953. He has worked as clinical hypnotherapist, a professional bodyguard and as a trainer (teaching Nine Dragon Baguazhang) for the Texas Rangers, DEA, FBI & the U.S. military.
Jiulong ("Nine Dragon") Baguazhang™ consists of learning how to utilize a series of palms or upper body positions and eight stances or stepping patterns for the lower body as special exercises to stimulate internal energy for health and martial power.
At this hands-on, Jiulong Baguazhang Heaven Palm, seminar you will learn and practice the following:
* History of Jiulong Baguazhang
* The Yijing (I Ch’ing) Methodology of practice
* Power Standing Forms & Jiulong Stancework
* Jiulong Heaven Palm Twin Yang Palms
* Jiulong Heaven Palm Twin Divided Palms
* Jiulong Heaven Palm Taiji Palms
* Linear Stepping & Linear Neigong forms
* Wedge & Ball Principles
* Centering and Mind Power development
* Square Stepping
* Willow Bends Push Hands Introduction
All levels, newcomer to advanced, are welcome. This is the foundation of the Jiulong Baguazhang System!
To register contact Artemis Seminars:
Telephone: (718) 399-1574
Date: Sat. Mar. 14 & Sun. Mar.16
Time: Saturday 9:00am - 6:00pm
& Sunday 9:00am - 1:00pm
Tuition: $220 if received on or before July 7
$250 if received after July 7
Location: Manhattan, New York
[This message has been edited by ArtemisSeminars (edited 09-24-2002).]