FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123560 - 01/31/05 05:49 AM TKD and Creatine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello mates,

I just wondered if some of you use f.e. creatine, I know that some people use it to be more effective with strength explosions etc.

I would like to have some oppinions

thx [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#123561 - 02/01/05 12:17 PM Re: TKD and Creatine
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm thinking about using it, because it's body own (you produce it yourself too)

Does anyone has expierence with it, just let me know [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#123562 - 02/01/05 03:13 PM Re: TKD and Creatine
MikeMartial Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta, Canada
No Spoon,

When I started TKD, I was still using creatine daily. If you check my thread called "My Progress With Kurz" under stretching, you'll find I make a comment about how creatine *may* have contributed to my hamstring pulls.

There's a fair bit of anecdotal evidence out there about creatine and muscle pulls; nothing studied, as far as I know, though.

While I was lifting weights, creatine was fabulous. Incredible recovery, and this made workouts all that much more intesive. And, for a hardgainer like me, the easy 10-12 lbs packed on by muscle cell hydration was nice.

But.....This was pure anerobic resistance training. Diving into something like TKD, with extremely fast dynamic moves, I'm not sure if creatine would help.

Now that I'm not a novice anymore, and my body, muscles, and tendons have become used to the stress and kicking, I have pondered the idea of re-visting creatine. I surely DO NOT want another hamstring pull, so I'm very hesitant.

But seeing as how TKD is aerobic AND anerobic, I wonder if creatine would help with recovery.

Anyways, if you do decide, my best advice would be HYDRATE like you are a dying man in the desert. I'm talking at LEAST 2 litres per day, if not more.

And keep us posted [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#123563 - 02/03/05 02:16 AM Re: TKD and Creatine
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will, it's the second day that I use it now. I'm about 73 kilo's and for a tournament I'm in the 70 - 75 range, so I could use 2 extra kilo's, that's the reason I started using it, maybe a little over reacted, but it won't harm me, even your brain uses creatine, and will help you focus.

Cheers [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by nospoon_TKD (edited 02-03-2005).]

#123564 - 02/03/05 11:21 AM Re: TKD and Creatine
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also read on the internet that you get dehydrated very fast, I will dring about 3 to 4 liters fluids a day (read: water. milk etc)

thx for the advice [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

#123565 - 02/03/05 11:55 AM Re: TKD and Creatine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Creatine is naturally used by the body already. It comes from things such as red meats. If you start taking this and your body has excess you will only crap it out and it will be money wasted.

You may want to do further research on the internet or talk to a sports doctor. I've never seen it used other then for weight lifters as it helps in the recover. For just a martial art boost I can't see it being too helpful as you are not experiencing muscle tears like that of weight lifters.

Who knows ... just my opinion.

#123566 - 02/03/05 01:30 PM Re: TKD and Creatine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,

1) I understand that it won't help me with TKD, but as you prob. know is that weight counts heavy [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] in MA sports. I'm around 160 lbs when I have to fight people on tournaments who are 165 lbs, I believe that I'm in a disadvantage. I'm just a starter at TKD and TKD tournaments so I believe that I can use every lbs since I'm not as expierenced as the most fighters.

2) Creatine helps you recover between extreme energy flows.

I'm from holland so my my english is not as good as the most people here. Here is a scientific realease about creatine, pleae read.

2. What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?

Creatine is bodybuilding's ultimate supplement, and for good reason. For one thing, creatine can significantly increase lean muscle mass in just two weeks. It is also responsible for improving performance in high-intensity exercise, increasing energy levels, and speeding up recovery rates. Itís no wonder athletes who use it have such of an edge over those who do not. Soon nearly every athlete who competes will use it (if they don't already). Creatine's ability to enhance energy reserves in muscles comes from its muscle protein synthesizing action, while minimizing protein breakdown. This occurs because creatine has the awesome effect of super-hydrating muscle cells with water. It enhances muscles' growth too-making muscle fibers bigger and stronger.

Quite a few studies have been done on creatine to figure out why and how it works so well. There have been over twenty double blind (meaning neither the researchers nor the subjects knew who was getting what), placebo-controlled studies conducted on creatine in the past five years. They proved that creatine increased energy levels, resulting in increased strength, endurance levels, and recovery rates. Another unexpected benefit attributed to creatine was discovered as well: creatine accelerates fat loss, while building lean body mass!

Thx a ton for your opinions

#123567 - 02/16/05 06:41 PM Re: TKD and Creatine
MikeMartial Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Any updtaes on this, Nospoon_TKD?

Dereck: Tsk tsk tsk, you are wrong, my friend. Creatine in fact is NOT wasted, when supplemented in excess. Too many studies have proven it works, and is safe. That being said, I myself have had positive and negative effects....and am still curiousn as to how it would affect a TKD martial artist.

There's been some small studies done on aerobic function, and with positive results, but 99% have been related to strength gain, weight gain, and anerobic recovery.

#123568 - 02/17/05 03:42 AM Re: TKD and Creatine
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello again!

Sorry, took me a while, but here's an update. As far I can say, is that I grow about 1.5 kilo's.
I can also say that my stretching is better. I can stretch a little more (don't know if this is caused by the creatine though)

Because I only do push-ups and abdominal exercises I can say that my chest and triceps are growing a little and it's more contoured( read: dry muscule) (excuse me for my english)

I can't really tell to be honest if this will effect my MA skills, but I'm happy I gained 1.5 kilo's in only 1.5 weeks

I weight about 162.8 lbs so I more kilo and I'm at my weight I'd like to have [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

more to come..

#123569 - 02/17/05 10:55 PM Re: TKD and Creatine
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey all,, i use creatine and it s great!! one problem with it but ,, if you use it regularly your body stops producing it naturally so if u stop, your muscles go down harder beacause they are used to being "fed it" instead of producing it.

i take three days on then three days off!

cheers,

JD
"Unless your mind is still, you cannot see anything"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga