FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 3
THEFOREVERMAN 3
MattJ 2
royal 2
Marcus Charles 1
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:22 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
Yesterday at 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35546 Topics
432378 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#122507 - 04/22/05 05:37 PM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Imho sprawl, or use a sweep or sacrifice throw if you can manage it (make sure you land on your opponent or away from them, not the other way around). In other words, start training in a grappling MA as a supplement.

#122508 - 04/22/05 10:57 PM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since i'm guessing Mr. Ninja here can't even name the wrestling team...

[QUOTE]Okay i have been in MA since i was 3 and i train 24/7. Basically the first 3 guys i front kicked in the head rite when the guy said "fight" and they finaly cought on so i would fake then the guy would back up not to get kicked so i skip forward side kicked.[/QUOTE]

I saw a real, live unicorn the other day. Too bad noone else was there.

And I didn't have a video camera.

And no, I can't tell you where you can see it.

#122509 - 04/23/05 03:38 PM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah i was wanting to say something similar to that but eh i don't really care... words are just words and you can believe and say what you want as long as it doesn't get in the way of my training. Not that i'm saying that being able to take down the whole wrestling team... in school.. where it's really not cool to give guys nose bleeds or knock them out due to regulations... is at all something false i'm just saying that it's very hard to do unless you're some superiorly awesome fighter or the wrestling team flat out sucked ass because it's just a bunch of small people wanting to do something other than play chess. But again let me restate that my words are just words don't let them get in the way of your training.
"Exhaustion of Passion is the Beginning of Wisdom"

#122510 - 04/25/05 03:04 PM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dont beleive me i dont care.

the name of the wreslting team is cudahy Bulldogs, and yes they are pretty good. well if you consider being in the top ten is goood, then yeah there good. but look i dont care if you believe me or not. its just a matter of knowing not thinking you can win, and most wreslers are slow and stupid and have one track minds when it comes to fighting, and they have never seen fancy foot work when they fight or crazy ki-hops.

but believe me or not i dont care.
Later

#122511 - 04/25/05 03:22 PM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't even think about aggravating this by disputing whether he fought the wrestlers or not. This is a valuable thread for TKDers, full of useful information and it will be locked if it spawns an argument.

[This message has been edited by Leo_E_49 (edited 04-25-2005).]

#122512 - 04/25/05 04:36 PM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey the cudahy Bulldogs sounds familiar might i ask what area do you live in? oh and i'm sorry if you took offense to my comment i was just stating that it's hard to believe. i myself look at high school wrestlers as angry "bulldogs" so to speak and haven't bothered to think if i could beat them or not.

#122513 - 04/25/05 05:52 PM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote by TKDfighter69 -

[QUOTE]and most wreslers are slow and stupid and have one track minds when it comes to fighting, and they have never seen fancy foot work when they fight[/QUOTE]

OK, now I know you have never fought a real wrestler before. Wrestlers are very fast and mobile and most are far from stupid.

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, unlikely as it was that you could beat an entire "top 10" rated wrestling team, but I am forced to call BS on your story.

#122514 - 04/26/05 10:49 AM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MattJ:
Quote by TKDfighter69 -

OK, now I know you have never fought a real wrestler before. Wrestlers are very fast and mobile and most are far from stupid.

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, unlikely as it was that you could beat an entire "top 10" rated wrestling team, but I am forced to call BS on your story.
[/QUOTE]

im not trying to start an argument or any thing but, what i mean by slow and stupid is, they have ONE TRACK minds, they dont think of any thing else but the ground and if you compare them to a Martial artist they are stupid, and as for speed, compared to a martial artist they are slow.

Wreslters and Martial artists are in two totally different groups but when i said they are slow and stupid i was comparing them in martial art standerds.

But think about it a martial artist and a wreslter....compare them, i mean it! you will see that a wreslter is slow and stupid when it comes to it.

And im VERY sorry if i offended any one at all about calling the wreslters slow and stupid!!!

and yes i did fight a wreslting team that was in the top 10, they were number 10 but, they are still in the top ten.

believe me or not it doesnt matter as long as i know i did it im good.

later

#122515 - 04/26/05 11:11 AM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Strider_Hanzo:
Hey the cudahy Bulldogs sounds familiar might i ask what area do you live in? oh and i'm sorry if you took offense to my comment i was just stating that it's hard to believe. i myself look at high school wrestlers as angry "bulldogs" so to speak and haven't bothered to think if i could beat them or not.[/QUOTE]

Ok I live in Cudahy Wisconsin. No i really didnt take offense to your comment.

I under stand its hard to beleve, but its true. See thats whats wrong with martial artists today (NO OFFENSE TO ANY ONE) but today martial artists think that almost every thing is inpossible, like oh i cant fight that guy or i cant do this are that because this or because that. Thats not how Bruce Lee thought, if he put his mind to it he could do it, and he did. take Bruce Lees one inch punch for example!!! And look at Miyamoto Musashi, who killed over 60 men and and lived to a ripe old age is about the only samurai who died of old age!! I can syre as heck tell you they didnt think they couldnt do the stuff they did.

Im not trying to start an argument.

But i think like Bruce Lee and Miyamoto Musashi, and many others alike. i suggest reading the "Book of Five Rings" by Miyamoto Musashi and you will under stand where im coming from, and read it a couple of times because you might wont get every thing the first time you read it, i read it alot, im on the 4 time reading it now its a wonderfull book.

But hey, im just trying to help.
Just keep training and try every move in every scenario possible and throw away what doesnt work in certain situations, if the move doesnt work in one scenario, try it in another, where one move doesnt work,it will some where else.

Well i got to go later! and keep training!!!

P.S. read the "Book of Five Rings" by Miyamoto Musashi. read it alot at least 3. but read it!!!
Later

#122516 - 04/26/05 11:19 AM Re: tea kwon do vs tackling/take downs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, having done a fair bit of both, I'll bite my tongue and just say I don't agree.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga