FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#121238 - 11/11/04 05:40 PM Re: I hate being a American Born Korean-American.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey i kno how ur feeling. I am also a americam born korean or a korean american. yea the stero types are a bitch but what can u do. People always assume that because you are asian u are very smart,unforuntley i am not. Also they assume that u are some sort a master a karte and stuff. any ways i just felt like giving my views.

#121239 - 11/15/04 07:02 PM Re: I hate being a American Born Korean-American.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dane:
I'm from the Philippines and I'm yellow belt. We lived in Hong Kong when I was a baby because my mom worked there and we came back here when mom's work is over and she has days off. I started taekwondo 5 months ago and I loved it. My dad's another taekwondo practitioner and we love to spar! My mom and dad wants me to become a black belt because all of us are athletic and my younger brother is also taking taekwondo. My dad is trained under the instructors of Ilocos (a province somewhere in the north) and he had been previewing of what will I expect in taekwondo. my mom has american blood but we never mentioned it because my mom is pure Filipino deep inside. I loved being a Filipino, especially of their reputation of being a taekwondo country and also being the home of some greats: Monsour Del Rosario, Stephen Fernandez, and Antoinette Rivero. Be proud of your country and you won't regret it.[/QUOTE]

There this Filipino i work with in the Navy, he trained in the Philipines and he is FFFAAAASSSSTTTT AS HELL. he refused to practice taekwondo in america

#121240 - 11/15/04 07:09 PM Re: I hate being a American Born Korean-American.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LostInSurbuia:
Hey i kno how ur feeling. I am also a americam born korean or a korean american. yea the stero types are a bitch but what can u do. People always assume that because you are asian u are very smart,unforuntley i am not. Also they assume that u are some sort a master a karte and stuff. any ways i just felt like giving my views. [/QUOTE]

Me too, I'm not smart at all, (thats why i'm in the Navy and not in college [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]) My master expects highly of me, because i'm Korean.. oh well. I'll try my best.

#121241 - 11/16/04 01:07 PM Re: I hate being a American Born Korean-American.
Madhiker Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Wow.

How do simple questions always turn into "TKD sucks" or "Tang So Do is the latest McDojo art", etc.?????

Whatever.

Martial arts are like everything else in life. You get out f it what you put into it. PERIOD!!!!!!

Stop beating yourself with negative talk like I hate being Korean American. You can't change that fact and you will never change the mindset of narrow minded ignorant people. But, you can continue to train hard until YOU think you're ready for the next belt and until YOU feel your ready to advance because you know that you have become proficient in the techniques required to pass. If you look at every educational setting that you've been in, i'm sure you'll remember that some people were at the top of the class and some were at the bottom. Does that mean that those at the bottom didn't deserve to pass, even though they met the class requirements? Same thing goes for advancing belts. Not everyone is the A+ student, but those who work hard should AND meet the requirements should still advance.

As far as one style being weaker than another (as posted by whomever - refering to the Tang So DO comment) it's not the Style, it's the stylist. For example , If you drive a vehicle for 8 hours everyday and I drive for 8 minutes every 6 months, who do you think will be more proficient at driving?? The same thing goes for the arts. If I spar, do bag work, lift weights run and everything else needed to excel and someone else just goes through the motions, who do you think the better martial artist will be???!!!!

Think about this and live it. You have to work hard enough for the MA to become part of you. Mushim.

Forget about the losers who bring you down because they have some deep seeded insecurity. Know what you want and do whatever it takes to reach your goal. This is the true benefit of martial arts. The confidence gained by succeeding via hard work.

Good luck and TANG SO!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga