FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 55 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Shanktotheright, royal, bobgalle100011, agenonline, TooNice
22862 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
THEFOREVERMAN 3
Galen 2
MattJ 2
Dobbersky 2
royal 2
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
New Topics
General perspective on training
by Galen
Yesterday at 04:05 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by Marcus Charles
03/24/14 04:39 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
03/20/14 05:45 AM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
01/13/14 07:28 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
AKK kata question
by
09/04/05 01:27 PM
Recent Posts
General perspective on training
by Galen
Yesterday at 04:05 PM
I am not often inspired
by Galen
Yesterday at 04:03 PM
Fighting On Saturday!!!
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 06:52 AM
Muay Thai Seminar with Greg Nelson - Marcus Charle
by THEFOREVERMAN
04/16/14 08:20 AM
AKK kata question
by MattJ
04/04/14 05:45 PM
Judo Olympic Games 1964 Tokyo, The Video Gallery
by ergees
04/01/14 05:26 AM
Forum Stats
22862 Members
36 Forums
35547 Topics
432379 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#120936 - 05/19/04 02:07 PM Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need some help
i just started ate kwon do and im really enjoying it but i need some help
wat are some of the best punches and kicks
im in a class of people better than me i need some help with the best moves as i am getting my ass wooped and by the way nothing to hard as i a am a beginner also could u explain how to do them
thanx Mike

#120937 - 05/19/04 03:24 PM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
badmamajama Offline
Veteran

ass whipping important grass hopper.
you will get better you have too...lol
haveing said that you need to spend extra time on your own at home training on heavy
bag double ended ball and timming bag.
be sure you twist hips as you punch generates more power.
throw couple shots at their head... then flinch shoulder they'll think her comes another head shot but duck under go for gut shot,throw couple kicks at mid section looking right at mid section ... 3 kick round house up side the head ... take advantage of them looking in your eyes never look at what your actually going after.
to get good at fighting you have to become
a master at fakes ... as competition gets better you'll rely heavily on fakes and feints, two opponents of equal skill the best at fakeing and feinting will win.
when you can take the pebble from my hand
it is time for you to go grass hopper. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by badmamajama (edited 05-19-2004).]

#120938 - 05/27/04 11:17 AM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
taekwondosamurai Offline

Loc: bowling green kentucky united ...
if your having trouble with them getting in close and just knocking you around then when they come in then hit them with a front leg side kick or front kick. if u let them in just do a lot of hook punches and a few straight punches. If your good at blocking then block and roundstep and do a front leg hook kick or back leg round kick.There are many things u can do other than these just remember some of the things you are having problems with and come up with things u could do in that situation and try it next time in class. Also ask some of the higher ranks what u are doing wrong and i am sure they would be happy to help.

#120939 - 06/20/04 08:57 AM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
Anonymous
Unregistered

PLay defense. perfect ur axe kick and spinning hook kick.

#120940 - 06/20/04 09:31 AM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
still wadowoman Offline
Improved beefier techno-prat

Loc: Residence:UK- Heart:Md, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BruceLee Da Legend:
PLay defense. perfect ur axe kick and spinning hook kick. [/QUOTE]

With repect, this is a beginner.

I would suggest working on body movement to avoid their attacks and blocking those attacks you cannot evade. Also, work on reading your opponents body language and looking for gaps in his defence (unless you are throwing a dummy, there is no point throwing a perfect puch or kick that does not connect).

Striking technique wise, I would work on simple basics (straight punch, reverse punch, front kick, side kick and roundhouse kick) first.

Just my opinion
Sharon

#120941 - 07/15/04 10:10 PM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
LethalTKD Offline

Loc: Washington, USA
Man when i was a yellow belt and at my first tournament, I DOMINATED with my back kick. The problem most beginners have is exposing thier body making them very vonerable to the back kick (making the big glorious target). Just remember to stay in a closed-closed position (which means both of the targets on your hogus are facing away from each other) and STAY ON YOUR TOES! If you are flat-footed, i will gurantee you will be nothing more than a kicking bag. :P

#120942 - 07/20/04 04:06 AM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, try this. When ure spar training, drop your guard so that they're by your belt but ready to come up to block.

Now i know everyone here will shout and scream at what i've just said. Believe me, my instructor was always screaming at me "GET YOUR GUARD UP!". But after he saw the progress I made, he laid off. Basically, you're spending more effort to block from here that ure reflexes will become faster, and this does work.

*Que insults for suggesting such a thing* [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Also, get yourself some ankle-weights and perform these kicks in order before dropping ure foot:

Front Snap Kick, Side Kick, Turning Kick, Axe Kick and then loop to the start again.

The weights will make you work harder to bring out the kick so when you take them off, your kicks will be faster and harder. The kicking exercise will also train you to execute many kicks before your foot touches down.

#120943 - 07/20/04 10:37 AM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
goldencrane Offline

Loc: Kansas City Kansas USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sekeolath:
Well, try this. When ure spar training, drop your guard so that they're by your belt but ready to come up to block.

Now i know everyone here will shout and scream at what i've just said. Believe me, my instructor was always screaming at me "GET YOUR GUARD UP!". But after he saw the progress I made, he laid off. Basically, you're spending more effort to block from here that ure reflexes will become faster, and this does work.

*Que insults for suggesting such a thing* [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Also, get yourself some ankle-weights and perform these kicks in order before dropping ure foot:

Front Snap Kick, Side Kick, Turning Kick, Axe Kick and then loop to the start again.

The weights will make you work harder to bring out the kick so when you take them off, your kicks will be faster and harder. The kicking exercise will also train you to execute many kicks before your foot touches down.
[/QUOTE]
I have to humbly disagree with you, even though this method worked for you, It may not be the best advise 4 everyone. It's hard to devolop "good" habbits from "bad" ones.
As for the ankle weights, again just stating my opinion not saying you are wrong but...this is extremly bad for the joints and knees, I would not recomend this method.

#120944 - 07/20/04 10:39 AM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you are in fact a newby to TKD, you don't need to know the best kicks and punches...yet. Trust your Instructor to advance you accordingly.

If you're getting your butt handed to you as a beginner, you may want to look for a different school. Contact sparring shouldn't be a part of your training.

Gotta walk before you run.

[This message has been edited by Hoshinsool (edited 07-20-2004).]

#120945 - 07/20/04 11:52 AM Re: Need Best Punches and Kicks here plzzzzz
Anonymous
Unregistered

GoldenCrane: Yeah, i'm aware that everyone has their own preferences on how to train and work on themselves, which will be because I said "try this". Don't worry, i'm not going to say that you're wrong because again, it's everyone's own opinion and method of training. What works for one may not necessarily work on the other [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Just merely showing methods for the newcomer to look over [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

I will also agree with Hoshinsool. You'll not get all the best punches and kicks when you first start out, nor will you get the reflexes. That will come in time. But stick with the school, regardless of whether you get a kicking because you'll learn their strategy and how to counteract it. Go over in ure head sometimes what you would do next time if they ever done that again.

[This message has been edited by Sekeolath (edited 07-21-2004).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga