FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 4
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#120905 - 05/17/04 02:05 PM Weapons?
Anonymous
Unregistered


I personally love nunchakus and escrima sticks. I also want to learn sais, bo staff and katana sword. What are your votes?

Top
#120906 - 05/17/04 02:14 PM Re: Weapons?
schanne Offline
breaks things

Registered: 02/18/04
Posts: 4370
Loc: Woodbury NJ
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MartialArtistMike:
I personally love nunchakus and escrima sticks. I also want to learn sais, bo staff and katana sword. What are your votes?[/QUOTE]

How long have you been training and what style?

Top
#120907 - 05/18/04 09:10 PM Re: Weapons?
Anonymous
Unregistered


I am currently working on tonfa. am looking forward to learning bo and katana.

Top
#120908 - 05/18/04 09:48 PM Re: Weapons?
Anonymous
Unregistered


I like dear horn knives, Bagua giant sabre, spear, chain whip, and two handed straight sword [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Top
#120909 - 05/18/04 10:36 PM Re: Weapons?
kiwi Offline
Enthusiast

Registered: 07/26/03
Posts: 789
Loc: Wellington New Zealand
Wouldn't this be more at home in another furum? Seeing that TKD is (strictly speaking) an uarmed form of combat.

Top
#120910 - 05/19/04 12:22 PM Re: Weapons?
Anonymous
Unregistered


To schanne, i have been in training for 10 months and love it. I will be learning the nunchaku form for a talent show at my family reunion.

Top
#120911 - 05/19/04 12:37 PM Re: Weapons?
1st Round KO Offline
Veteran

Registered: 06/11/04
Posts: 1497
Loc: New York City, USA
i would like to learn escrima very much but dont have time right now. if youre into it check out www.dogbrothers.com
and check the promo video clip. its pretty intense.

Top
#120912 - 05/19/04 04:12 PM Re: Weapons?
schanne Offline
breaks things

Registered: 02/18/04
Posts: 4370
Loc: Woodbury NJ
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MartialArtistMike:
To schanne, i have been in training for 10 months and love it. I will be learning the nunchaku form for a talent show at my family reunion.

[/QUOTE]

Don't crack Grandmom in the chops by accident, ya won't get any of that great family reunion picnic food will you?!

Your not going to like my answer but it what I believe and how I was trained. There are two many other things you need to be working on at this juncture of your MA training. You have been only training for ten months so your basic are still being learned, your still learning what to do with your own body let alone worrying about the extensions (weapons). Many schools don't let thier students pick a weapon up until they have reached BB or higher so don't rush the weapons. Hey I know what you can do for your family reunion. (Oh boy I'm laughing as I type) Have Grandmom come out and put an apple in her mouth, blind fold yourself, do a jump spinning hook kick and blast the apple out of her mouth into your family. All the chunks of apple would fly over everyone or ahhh would that be her dentures. Crap, forget what I said just do a board break or Kata........have fun. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Top
#120913 - 05/19/04 04:25 PM Re: Weapons?
badmamajama Offline
Veteran

Registered: 11/06/03
Posts: 1509
[QUOTE]Originally posted by schanne:
Don't crack Grandmom in the chops by accident, ya won't get any of that great family reunion picnic food will you?!

Your not going to like my answer but it what I believe and how I was trained. There are two many other things you need to be working on at this juncture of your MA training. You have been only training for ten months so your basic are still being learned, your still learning what to do with your own body let alone worrying about the extensions (weapons). Many schools don't let thier students pick a weapon up until they have reached BB or higher so don't rush the weapons. Hey I know what you can do for your family reunion. (Oh boy I'm laughing as I type) Have Grandmom come out and put an apple in her mouth, blind fold yourself, do a jump spinning hook kick and blast the apple out of her mouth into your family. All the chunks of apple would fly over everyone or ahhh would that be her dentures. Crap, forget what I said just do a board break or Kata........have fun. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

roflmao... now that was funny.poor granny.

Top
#120914 - 06/14/04 11:42 PM Re: Weapons?
Anonymous
Unregistered


taekwondo has weapons it teaches the ssang geom weol do rope and fan euinsangeom and more!!!

Top






Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

 

 



Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga