FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn
22904 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 14
cxt 7
trevek 6
JKogas 5
futsaowingchun 3
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
04/12/12 11:16 AM
Throwing
by
04/23/05 10:58 PM
Recent Posts
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
Yesterday at 05:11 AM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:53 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by cxt
07/24/14 11:35 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
Forum Stats
22904 Members
36 Forums
35564 Topics
432455 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#118424 - 02/02/03 12:02 PM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
SaNo Offline
Member

Registered: 10/31/02
Posts: 44
Loc: Singapore
Most martial artist can tell u that a kick, if properly train, can generate 3 times more power than a punch. Well, 3 times more power to a critical spot sounds nice doesn't it.

I feel a rising kick to the chin is a good way to leave someone with alot of broken teeth, 'cause i was kicked before, and it cant be seen easily in midrange. Our eyes could see a hell lot from the left to the right(periperal vision), but we cant see up and down.

Btw, no offense meant, isshinryu kid, could u do high kicks? i mean if u can do them, u'd probably understand.

Top
#118425 - 02/02/03 03:55 PM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
isshinryu kid Offline
Enthusiast

Registered: 12/06/02
Posts: 618
Loc: Knoxville tennessee u.s.a
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SaNo:
Most martial artist can tell u that a kick, if properly train, can generate 3 times more power than a punch. Well, 3 times more power to a critical spot sounds nice doesn't it.

I feel a rising kick to the chin is a good way to leave someone with alot of broken teeth, 'cause i was kicked before, and it cant be seen easily in midrange. Our eyes could see a hell lot from the left to the right(periperal vision), but we cant see up and down.

Btw, no offense meant, isshinryu kid, could u do high kicks? i mean if u can do them, u'd probably understand.
[/QUOTE]I CAn do high kicks,But that's in the ring.In Real life most fights willo be to close for high kicks.& Only someone from a waterd down style
wld try something so impractical. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] PS If u KIck high,& I kick low you'll be the one: singing soprano. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Top
#118426 - 02/03/03 08:54 AM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
SaNo Offline
Member

Registered: 10/31/02
Posts: 44
Loc: Singapore
[QUOTE]Originally posted by isshinryu kid:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SaNo:
Most martial artist can tell u that a kick, if properly train, can generate 3 times more power than a punch. Well, 3 times more power to a critical spot sounds nice doesn't it.

I feel a rising kick to the chin is a good way to leave someone with alot of broken teeth, 'cause i was kicked before, and it cant be seen easily in midrange. Our eyes could see a hell lot from the left to the right(periperal vision), but we cant see up and down.

Btw, no offense meant, isshinryu kid, could u do high kicks? i mean if u can do them, u'd probably understand.
[/QUOTE]I CAn do high kicks,But that's in the ring.In Real life most fights willo be to close for high kicks.& Only someone from a waterd down style
wld try something so impractical. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] PS If u KIck high,& I kick low you'll be the one: singing soprano. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
[/QUOTE]

But its possible to block tt kick if u have both your hands in a cross block before u execute that kick no?

Top
#118427 - 02/03/03 09:51 AM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
isshinryu kid Offline
Enthusiast

Registered: 12/06/02
Posts: 618
Loc: Knoxville tennessee u.s.a
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SaNo:
But its possible to block tt kick if u have both your hands in a cross block before u execute that kick no?[/QUOTE]If I Did a hook kick, There wld be no way, for U to stop it from going to the groin. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Top
#118428 - 02/03/03 04:24 PM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
isshinryu kid Offline
Enthusiast

Registered: 12/06/02
Posts: 618
Loc: Knoxville tennessee u.s.a
[QUOTE]OK Now,Lets talk about slfdefence & leave kumite out of it.Coz there's no way in the world that any kumite tech will help u,Unless ur adversary is a moron.So Lets keep it real,& talk about real techs.I am talking about dirty/nasty techs. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Top
#118429 - 02/03/03 09:03 PM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
SaNo Offline
Member

Registered: 10/31/02
Posts: 44
Loc: Singapore
[QUOTE]Originally posted by isshinryu kid:
[QUOTE]OK Now,Lets talk about slfdefence & leave kumite out of it.Coz there's no way in the world that any kumite tech will help u,Unless ur adversary is a moron.So Lets keep it real,& talk about real techs.I am talking about dirty/nasty techs. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

ok, u convinced me, i believe i'd rely on my hands more in a real fight at such distance.

Top
#118430 - 02/03/03 09:25 PM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
isshinryu kid Offline
Enthusiast

Registered: 12/06/02
Posts: 618
Loc: Knoxville tennessee u.s.a
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SaNo:
ok, u convinced me, i believe i'd rely on my hands more in a real fight at such distance. [/QUOTE]U Still don't understand,Most fights wld be close range,Not at a distance.Although distance training is a must,Be prepared for a close range fight. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

Top
#118431 - 02/05/03 04:06 AM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
taebot Offline
Veteran

Registered: 01/14/03
Posts: 1166
Loc: KANSAS
[/QUOTE]Hi Jeneko,I Like to do a spinning back kick to the head,As I've done many times in the ring.My Spinning back kick, is so fast,It even surprises me.BUt That's, in the ring,But Realisticly u Wld'nt be able to do that on the street.As Most fights will be in close range.So About, 85 percent of the time,You'll be using hand techs.So It wld be rather hard to do a kick to the head. PS Live LOng & Prosper. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

You know that's one statement that has always bugged me over the years, "It wouldn't work on the street." Here's why, follow me on this...

I'm in the ring (or Dojo, Dojang, Kwoon, Gym, whatever) and I'm fighting a highly trained guy who knows I'm trying to knock his happy assets out and I succeed. Then the guy's coach/teacher/buddy/EMT tells me that wouldn't have worked on the street against an unsuspecting assailant who thinks he has the upper hand, a weapon, and the element of surprise...

I'M JUMPING UP AND DOWN AND SCREAMING HERE! Logically, it just doesn't follow...

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Top
#118432 - 02/05/03 04:16 AM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
taebot Offline
Veteran

Registered: 01/14/03
Posts: 1166
Loc: KANSAS
I'll also add just another aside.

We must have some terrible, terrible, terrible instructors that teach all these thugs all this dirty fighting that's gonna beat the well-trained, honest martial artist.

No, the thugs of the world are the slime of the world and have not the ability or the nature to train at a thing. He's thinking boot to the head just about as much as I am worried about scoring my next vial of crack, if you get my drift...

Top
#118433 - 02/05/03 07:23 AM Re: Why Does tkd have high kicks?
judderman Offline
Veteran

Registered: 08/06/01
Posts: 1400
Loc: UK
Calm down Taebot...

You're scaring the kids.... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/eek.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Top
Page 6 of 15 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15 >






Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

 



Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga