FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 2
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu's double Tan Sau motion
by futsaowingchun
Today at 10:08 AM
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35592 Topics
432527 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#117632 - 12/26/04 09:35 AM Triangle choke
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm this maybe hard to understand but bare with me [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

...does it matter in the triangle choke wich leg goes around the neck? Like does the leg on the same side as opponents arm go around the neck or the opposite leg

or does it eaven matter and if it matters wich one is better =P

Hope this made any sense!

#117633 - 12/27/04 04:22 PM Re: Triangle choke
Anonymous
Unregistered

The proper Triangle position is that the leg on the shoulder should go behind the head and figure four on the other side.

There are variations however. Matt Thornton showed me a cool way to get the choke even when your legs are wrong.

#117634 - 12/28/04 06:59 PM Re: Triangle choke
sophia Offline

Loc: toronto
I was always taught to have the straight leg on the side of the opponent’s shoulder and the ‘bent leg on the opposite side. The idea is that the opponent’s own shoulder helps chokes him on one side. There is a variation but I have never been able to make it work in practice.
Do you guys try to twist such that your torso and your opponent’s torso are approaching a right angle (when viewed from above)?

#117635 - 12/28/04 10:07 PM Re: Triangle choke
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was always taught to have the straight leg on the side of the opponent’s shoulder and the ‘bent leg on the opposite side. The idea is that the opponent’s own shoulder helps chokes him on one side.

This is correct.

Do you guys try to twist such that your torso and your opponent’s torso are approaching a right angle (when viewed from above)?

This is also absolutely correct. The perpendicular position makes the hold tighter and more comfortable as it takes stress off your knee. It also sets up an optional straight armlock and the ability to sweep by hooking and lifting the near leg.

This position also allows you to grab the leg to prevent the lift and slam tactic.

#117636 - 02/28/05 01:57 PM Re: Triangle choke
Anonymous
Unregistered

My triangle is the same as all you guy's: figure four. If you want it real tight pull the arm that is in the way across their face and under their chin- grab the back of the head- one hand on their wrist holding the arm in place and the other on the back of their head- squeeze and pull the head twards you.
(Yack I can feel the head ache)

#117637 - 03/02/05 01:27 PM Re: Triangle choke
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
Also the choke requires your opponent right arm to be forward too. It is very similar to a standing choke but only done with your legs.

#117638 - 03/02/05 02:01 PM Re: Triangle choke
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have no particular way of doing this technique, but just for a reminder if anyone didn't already know,when exicuting the stangle if in the contest area of judo you ***must have the ukes arm between your legs aswell, if you don't you'll get disquailified for do-jime(leg crush)to the neck, although many a street fighter may want to use this to your advantage.

#117639 - 03/02/05 03:57 PM Re: Triangle choke
schanne Offline
breaks things

Loc: Woodbury NJ
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Judoka James:
i have no particular way of doing this technique, but just for a reminder if anyone didn't already know,when exicuting the stangle if in the contest area of judo you ***must have the ukes arm between your legs aswell, if you don't you'll get disquailified for do-jime(leg crush)to the neck, although many a street fighter may want to use this to your advantage.[/QUOTE]

That is what I was refering to, the choke will not work unless the arm is extended outward.

#117640 - 03/10/05 07:36 PM Re: Triangle choke
Anonymous
Unregistered

It would also be worth noting that when doing the triangle choke, not only do you pull the head towards you, but you also raise your hips to put maximum pressure.

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga