FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
harlan 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
William_Bent 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#116856 - 09/05/03 09:56 AM Re: Yoshida in Pride
charles mckey Offline
Veteran

[QUOTE]Originally posted by immrtldragon:
Charles, I agree Yoshida Probably would have won...he had Gracie in awesome position, close to impossible to escape...but if anyone could have escaped it would have probably been Gracie. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, although most of the guys saying Gracie never looked to be in command of the fight are BJJ'ers! Here's the [URL=http://"http://snurl.com/294v"]discussion[/URL] from rec.martial-arts, if anyones interested - snip out the more hysterical posts, and people pursuing old arguments, and there's some interesting comment in there.

Thanks for posting the link, btw - lots of good stuff on the rest of that site too, especially for the person considering adding a session or two of judo to their MA training... [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

[This message has been edited by charles mckey (edited 09-05-2003).]

[This message has been edited by charles mckey (edited 09-05-2003).]

#116857 - 09/05/03 12:06 PM Re: Yoshida in Pride
immrtldragon Offline
Veteran

Loc: Just outside Philadelphia, PA
No problem...I love that site...lots of useful info. Also, thanks for your link...I will check that out.

#116858 - 03/24/04 10:26 AM Re: Yoshida in Pride
VJ Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Anyone see the rematch of Yoshida versus Gracie? I thought I was watching a foot race as much as Yoshida ran. Why didn't he take Gracie to the ground and give him some schooling on grappling? Except for the shot to the groin the fight was sadly disappointing. All the reviews slammed Yoshida wondering where the fighter who beat Gracie went.

#116859 - 03/24/04 12:15 PM Re: Yoshida in Pride
immrtldragon Offline
Veteran

Gracie dominated...what else can be said? There was talk that Yoshida was ill and didn't prepare for the fight...but anything said is an excuse. I like Yoshida a lot...I've seen his Judo videos, I've seen him do well in Pride...that night, he lost. He has publicly expressed interest to fight Royce a third time and settle it under normal Pride rules, but Royce has not expressed any interest. The fight would give some closure, but there is a chance it will never happen. Royce usually wants special rules and after coming off this fight looking like the winner, he probably doesn't want to risk a loss to Yoshida. Only time will tell what happens. Also, you asked why Yoshida didn't take him to the ground and give him some schooling on grappling...probably because it is not that easy considering Royce Gracie has trained his entire life in grappling. Also, taking off the gi top had to have some effect on Yoshida's ability to control a BJJ blackbelt. I haven't really heard any reviewers slam Yoshida...he has olympic gold in Judo and didn't start any MMA training or competition until he was about 34 years old...then went the distance with the most dominant middleweight Pride has ever seen (Wanderlei Silva). I'm still impressed.

#116860 - 05/31/04 08:42 AM Re: Yoshida in Pride
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yoshida is a great fighter even in MMA events. He bet K-1 legend Massaki Sataki and Don Frye. I knew Silva would beat him, but I was surprised it was by a decision.
Does anyone know how to get the Silva VS Yoshida fight, its not on Kazaa???
please tell me, Iv'e heard its a great fight

How do you think Yoshida would handle Sakuraba? Even though Sakuraba is past his prime, he still bet Randleman, and he bet cro cop [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]. I would say it would be a good fight, possibly a draw or Kazushi Sakuraba by decision

#116861 - 06/01/04 10:26 AM Re: Yoshida in Pride
immrtldragon Offline
Veteran

Actually Donald, Sak lost to CroCop. He sustained an injury (I believe a fractured cheekbone) and couldn't continue. Sak is my favorite fighter though. I think Sak would take Yoshida, but I don't think they'll ever fight. Sak announced that he will be retiring soon but first wants some revenge matches. So, likely, you will only see Sak fighting people he has previously fought and lost to (though hopefully not Silva). Apparently Sak has been training harder and has a new motivation...let's hope so. Yoshida is fighting June 20th, not sure of his opponent though. Sak is also fighting that day. I hope Yoshida can do well coming off his loss...i mean 'draw' to Royce. That is one fight I wish would have went the other way. I can't stand Royce and his constant 'rule making.'

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki, Taison 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga