FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
futsaowingchun 1
Zombie Zero 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
12/17/14 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#115411 - 03/09/05 03:16 PM Re: non-lethal duels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, as for the "crack your noodle" I know. I meant if the are your RIVAL. If you want to seriously injure not kill an opponent. And the last samurai was an awesome movie. Most of the gunmen were ignorant farmers but an awesome movie.

[This message has been edited by shadowdragon (edited 03-09-2005).]

#115412 - 03/09/05 03:39 PM Re: non-lethal duels
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.kendogumdo.com/category/shinai-bamboo-sword/bps-05.php

I think this is actually a "Fukuro Shinai" or "Bag Shinai" though it looks not the same as most others I`ve seen do. A Fukuro Shinai is a Shinai which is clothed within leather.
More common Shinai are for example here:
http://kendo.tozando.com/shinai/s136.html
(As you can see its bamboparts have the shape of the normal shinai)

or here:
http://at80.jp/shinai/sankou/shinai_sankou1.html
(Here is what can be under the "bag")

Oh, I searched for a further Photo of a Fukuro Shinai made by Tim Bathurst, who makes (under Grandmaster Hatsumi´s authority) the training weapons for the Bujinkan. I know they are really good, but unfortunately, the Site is closed up to August. But I found another interesting link:
http://at80.jp/shinai/shinai_histry.html

Here`are Fukuro Shinai of Yagyu-Style: http://www.bujindesign.com/weapons_bamboo.html

[This message has been edited by Wilf (edited 03-09-2005).]

#115413 - 03/09/05 03:43 PM Re: non-lethal duels
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally, I'd prefer to fight them with a fencing epee, unarmored except for a mask. That would leave them quite bruised up and probably bleeding in a few places, but wouldn't kill 'em.

#115414 - 03/13/05 05:19 PM Re: non-lethal duels
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shadowdragon:
I meant if the[y] are your RIVAL. If you want to seriously injure not kill an opponent.
[/QUOTE]

Well if you want to go to jail for agravated assault with a weapon then I don't see why a bokken is any better than a stick or a lead pipe because this is essentially whats gonna happen if you fight your "RIVAL" with intention of hurting them. That is assuming that you win the fight and are not the one that gets all messed up (which incidently will most likely happen anyway if they are even worth being called a "rival").

~Glenn

#115415 - 03/21/05 05:54 PM Re: non-lethal duels
Anonymous
Unregistered

All right dj, I'll assume you are well versed in the law. But then again, if this makes no sense to you...think it's about honor. I am not a typical idiot who throws lead pipes around. I am studying the code of the samurai. I don't follow every rule though. Anyway I want an opponent to rue the day he fought me. Oh, and does anyone know of truly great swordsmen in the japanese style. I might go try to learn a thing or two.

#115416 - 03/24/05 09:04 AM Re: non-lethal duels
Anonymous
Unregistered

In my town it's not rare for people to carry some type of wooden weapon with them (never a real one) and quite often people will setlle conflicks it's interesting to be a part of and to watch there's rule's and even a judge when two people wanna fight there has to be a third person present to judge the match and declare the winner and make sure no one cheat's there's many way's to the battle 1. dis arm your aponent 2. break your aponent's weapon 3.wear your aponent out to the point were they cant fight any more 4.or the one that most people try to avoid if your aponent get's injured bad enough the fight is stoped right away so no one is badly hurt the cop's around here dont even bother iterveening in battle's beacuse they know how well organized they are and how rare it is that some one get's badly hurt i asked one cop one time why they let everyone do this and he said "its better for people to settle conflicts with wooden weapon's then to have them go around and shoot eachother with gun's" that make's alot of sense to me of course im not condoning going out there and fighting people with any kind of weapon but it is a non lethal way to fight and make sure that it stay's non lethal.

#115417 - 03/24/05 09:16 AM Re: non-lethal duels
Charles Mahan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Denton, Tx, USA
According to your profile you're located in Aldergrove, British Columbia. Do you mean to tell me that the police allow folks to beat the tar out of each other with sticks where you are?

Can one of our Canadian members speak to this?

[This message has been edited by Charles Mahan (edited 03-24-2005).]

#115418 - 03/24/05 09:22 AM Re: non-lethal duels
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Lycao

Wow! When you tell a story, you sure make it a GOOD one.

Love to hear about the size of the last fish you caught.

[This message has been edited by cxt (edited 03-24-2005).]

[This message has been edited by cxt (edited 03-24-2005).]

#115419 - 03/24/05 09:30 AM Re: non-lethal duels
Anonymous
Unregistered

no joke and yes the cops realy dont care it happens all the time here.

#115420 - 03/24/05 10:17 AM Re: non-lethal duels
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Lycao

Of COURSE its "no joke."

Full on stick fighting, sans pads, masks, gloves occurs EVERYWHERE and "ALL THE TIME."

And of COURSE "the cops don't care" why should they care about armed assault which puts folks in the hospital?

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] >>

That would be "wink-wink" "nudge-nudge"

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  Charles Mahan, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga