FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
futsaowingchun 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
09/19/14 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#115287 - 03/16/05 05:50 PM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SwordCritter:
"And no, rurouni kenshin and related stuff don't count as historical sources."

LMFAO!!!!!

Wait...they AREN'T? But all my knowledge of fuedal japan is based on animes like rurouni kenshin and inuyasha!

Next your gonna say that half dog demon half humans didn't run around with impossibly large katanas that could slash an object 20 meters away with energy!
[/QUOTE]

Anything could of happend. We don't know our own damn history or what happend in B.C time or how humans were made. Many thing could of happend at any time wene we could not wright stuff down.

#115288 - 03/16/05 09:37 PM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Charles Mahan Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Denton, Tx, USA
Actually no. The laws of phsyics haven't changed in several billion years. There are some things we know for a fact did not happen.

#115289 - 03/16/05 10:44 PM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charles Mahan:
Actually no. The laws of phsyics haven't changed in several billion years. There are some things we know for a fact did not happen.[/QUOTE]

It happend billions of years ago...that means nothing to me besides that the stuff we know would of been different like gravity. Being closer to the sun would have a change in the earth. All we know is what we are able to study. Things Like the laws of phisics, Which I thought phisics was based of the gravitational pull of the sun and moon and what they did to "our" planit.

#115290 - 03/16/05 11:16 PM Re: Kawakami Gensai
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Trunkssun,

Seriously, stop. You’re making little to no sense. What you are making is a joke of yourself. Stop with the "anything is possible" rambling, it's old. I have about reached my limit with this sort of discussion.

#115291 - 03/17/05 08:18 AM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Charles Mahan Offline
Professional Poster

Laf is right. Your grasp of physics is lacking. The physical laws which govern the universe, including gravity, haven't changed in several billion years. It doesn't matter how close the earth is to the sun.

#115292 - 03/17/05 12:52 PM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trunssun

Wait, wait, wait, billions of years ago?

What are we talking about again?

I thought we were talking about fuedal Japan not sword weilding dinosaurs!

Secondly we have a pretty good grasp on how humans came to be. Dog demons were not involved.

as for being closer to the sun would only have an effect of incinerating the atmosphere and changing the tides. (If the seas weren't vapourized!)

Knowing that you are 14/15 years old I will lay off the physics as you wont be studying that for a couple years yet. (that and it isn't really the topic of this thread or forum).

#115293 - 03/17/05 12:56 PM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Charles Mahan Offline
Professional Poster

I disagree. A lot of swordsmanship is all about physics and the proper manipulation thereof.

#115294 - 03/17/05 04:29 PM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes i agree that there IS quite a lot of physics in all forms of swordsmanship (leverage of a stike, momentum and the balance point) but i meant that i will stop bugging him about his/her little lack of physics knowledge (no offense intended Trunkssun)

[This message has been edited by SwordCritter (edited 03-17-2005).]

#115295 - 03/17/05 06:41 PM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Anonymous
Unregistered

...still discussing unimportant matters?

trunkssun, I`m really asking myself:
Did you once had a question which you wanted to be answered or did you just sat down on your PC, feeling somehow bored?
What was your first question for?
Did you chose this thread to steal time from serious persons just for beeing entertained?

You are (if that`s true) just 14-15 years old, having a question (which many guys wouldn`t even listen to) - that`s absolutely okay. Nevertheless I think that you should not always deny any answer you`re not willing to accept - for really strange reasons.

When a discussion comes to a point where one can only defend himself by saying things like
...but billions of years ago everything was maybe different and all you guys can´t prove the opposit - that`s really poor.

Okay, when we`re really going into the physics, then let me tell you that Gensai never touched any other person - people (at least for let me just say for the last 500 years) were not able to touch anything and still we can`t do so.
Why?...(sorry I`m to tired and bored to go deeper)

you got many answers from persons who`ve spent a great part of their lives within the asian martial arts/history and still you just ignoring everything you`re told.
In general it`s a good idea not to believe what you`re told - in the case you have serious doubts or knowing better.
In every other case you should maybe think like: "Okay, that sounds a little strange to me but as I don`t know better it`s possibly true".

About researching truths I have to say:

1. One should always use different sources which should be the best available to him if possible even if he has just one little question.
Websites are often not very good researched and sometimes texts are just copied from other Websites. One should get the information who made the Website if possible and if that person is really involved into the things he writes about.

2. One should consider even quite good documents not as absolutely being true in all the many details as sometimes new facts appear..
(For example Science, as far as I remember the school: First the molecules have been the smallest part every body consisted of, then came the atoms, then the electrons.., then the quarks(? soory,I am german) and actually they found out that still there are even smaller pieces in the "system".

3. One should not think that an answer is the more truthful the more often it`s repeated in different sources.
(A very good example was the gulfwar about 14? years ago: I was lucky enough to see the news in three different languages, German, French, GB&A-English. They all showed us the same movies but were to a certain degree telling different stories about who was how much bad or good etc. If I would not have known about the news in the other three countries, my point of view would possibly have been different. In Germany we had many sources which all said the same - but still there were at least that three other "truths".

4. One should be aware of the fact that even written history is most often written by the winners of war or policy, not by the loosers. Many heroes for example have been glorified posthum. Sometimes it was the same with men who stood against the winner. These men for example were used for manipulating (as a good example of honor etc.),the masses for ownn reasons of men who made themselves leaders of a crowd.

5. One should accept that the search for truth (if he`s serious and not only trying to raise up his ego with spreading "knowledge" around wherever he goes or stands) is sometimes really hard.
Who loves to get an answer he never thought of as beeing true?
Well, that`s just the price one has to pay for trying to get as much real knowledge as possible throughout his life.

6. One should -even if he thinks he knows better about a thing- listen to another person. When he doesn`t, this person won`t tell him anything else again (Maybe the next thing is of great importance - who knows beforehand?).

I think that`s the way the guys here tried to treat you but at a certain point they won`t any longer for sure.
One who has a question and asks for an answer should always been given a good answer, the best possible answer.
As everyone seeks normally for these good answers, everyone has vice versa to think three times if the next question coming up in his mind is a good one.

[This message has been edited by Wilf (edited 03-17-2005).]

#115296 - 03/19/05 01:09 AM Re: Kawakami Gensai
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by trunkssun:
Anything could of happend. We don't know our own damn history or what happend in B.C time or how humans were made. Many thing could of happend at any time wene we could not wright stuff down.[/QUOTE]

Really, then I guess the University of Michigan's Classical Studies Department must be a bunch of fakers, cause they use dates in B.C., or B.C.E. in some cases, Before the Common Era. We know a damn lot about our own history, in fact, ready for this?

Our governemnt was partially founded based on principles put forth by the ROMANS!! They lived a loooong time ago, like before 0 A.D., and they had a thing called a Republic and a Senate, which is partly what our gov't is based on.

Apparently you have never heard of something called Papyrus.....

The more you know.......

The less you can BS......

[This message has been edited by UofM Shorin Ryu (edited 03-20-2005).]

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Charles Mahan, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga