FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
BUJU, Pilsungkarate, ALF, old1, Leonar
22928 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
futsaowingchun 3
Ronin1966 3
ergees 2
Victor Smith 1
GojuRyuboy13 1
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 04:53 PM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
09/25/14 08:50 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by Leo_E_49
01/24/12 02:58 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Recent Posts
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
Yesterday at 04:53 PM
Living a full life violence free...
by GojuRyuboy13
10/22/14 07:20 AM
The Classic Pak Sao drill
by futsaowingchun
10/20/14 10:32 AM
Leo's Judo Journal
by swordy
10/11/14 09:21 AM
The Karate punch
by Ronin1966
10/09/14 03:16 PM
wing chun kicks and knees
by futsaowingchun
10/09/14 12:55 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Ronin1966
10/08/14 09:22 PM
2014 European Championships Juniors: the Gallery
by ergees
10/05/14 10:56 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by AndyLA
10/04/14 10:20 AM
Tan,Bong,Fuk & Wu Sao
by futsaowingchun
09/30/14 12:10 AM
Forum Stats
22928 Members
36 Forums
35583 Topics
432511 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#114114 - 03/07/05 10:36 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cxt:

Sword 99

Which "Ichi ryu?" do you mean?????

You know, I am starting to get a strong wiff of "weseal" here.

Seems you have plenty of time to post--but NO time to answer direct questions.

[/QUOTE]
That is offensive, and does not speak highly of you, calling names and such, this is not going to make me want to answer your questions, but only put one on the defensive. May I ask you what schools you have studied, and please, go into as much detail as you like.
I can only type so fast, so do not take the fact that I am not Johnny lighting in checking to see if I have anything to respond to to mean that I am some kind of "wesel" or some such, as you put it, that is just faulty logic.
If you are not familiar with the Ichi chool, or more commonly known as the two heaven school, then realy, my answer would not mean much to you, now would it.
Also if you are more concerned about my pedigree then you are about the common sense of my words, then something is wrong.

#114115 - 03/07/05 10:38 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by swordteacher99: First off, Musashi did indeed teach himself, this is true, but alos yes, he did grow up around sword play, and through osmosis picked up quite a bit just from that.[/QUOTE]

You lost any credability you thought you had with this statement.

What do you teach?
How old are you?

Answer these two questions before you do anything else here.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 03-07-2005).]

#114116 - 03/07/05 10:39 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Sword 99

Sorry bro, I actually know a couple of guys that practice the style you claim --couple of them are frequent posters on another forum.

One of which actually trains at the head dojo in Japan.

They DON'T call their style "Ichi"

(I'd tell you what they DO call it, but that would be giving you useful info for your little "play act.")

Tell you what, post the name of your teacher and when you trained and where.

I'll run it by the guys in Japan--if I owe you a "sorry" later I will be happy to provide it.

Waiting............

[This message has been edited by cxt (edited 03-07-2005).]

#114117 - 03/07/05 10:49 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

I think his time on the library computer is up.

#114118 - 03/07/05 10:52 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL, I have to admit I find this amusing. Ichi Ryu is what people who have studied Niten Ichi Ryu cal it for short, the two sword school, or two heaven school, there are rally many different nmes. however there are many who have sought to rename the school, like the Hyoho branch, which has tried to put their singular stamp on it by claiming "secret techniques" and such.
Why don't you tell me about your school now, and I will run it by "my guys' that is funny, and I'll let you know if your "legitimate" or not. If only you realized how ludicrous this line of questioning was, LOL.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cxt:
Sword 99

Sorry bro, I actually know a couple of guys that practice the style you claim --couple of them are frequent posters on another forum.

One of which actually trains at the head dojo in Japan.

They DON'T call their style "Ichi"

(I'd tell you what they DO call it, but that would be giving you useful info for your little "play act.")

Tell you what, post the name of your teacher and when you trained and where.

I'll run it by the guys in Japan--if I owe you a "sorry" later I will be happy to provide it.

Waiting............

[This message has been edited by cxt (edited 03-07-2005).]
[/QUOTE]

#114119 - 03/07/05 10:56 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Any time we get a new individual here they will be questioned about their background. Especially if they are making claims that go against common knowledge. If you refuse to answer the questions directed to you then you will not be taken seriously. If you keep spreading ignorance and dangerous information you will not be allowed to post here.

You still have not answered two questions. Not that the one question you did answere was that impressive.

How old are you and who is your teacher?

#114120 - 03/07/05 10:58 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
cxt Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: USA
Sword 99

See, this is what I mean, the guys I know are PROUD of whom they studied with and where and for how long.

(esp the guy training under the headmaster of the ryu---he has been very helpful in the past with uncovering folks who are using the name of the school without proper authorization)

They don't dodge the question, they answer stight up--and often they provide the means needed to check their story.

Waiting..........

#114121 - 03/07/05 11:10 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
Anonymous
Unregistered

First off, whatever I have said that goes against common knowledge, name it, and we can debate it.
I answered straight up, at least I think I did, but honestly no, I will not get into detail about my personal life. If you feel this mkes me some kind of phoney, so be it, you can ban me. However really, I find it more likely you just do not like someon disagreeing with yourself. Agre or not, but really, this childish nonsense is foolish. You can not take criticism, I sure you. I am proud of where I came from, no question, but you are merely looking for dirt, and no matter what I give you, your likely to mke mud pie out of it, so whats the point. You can't please all of the people all of the time, so I guess this will have to be one of those instances. Sorry I am not one of the newbies who will bow to your ever present knowledge and understanding, but will actually disagree with you. I choose not to talk to you anymore, and you can infer what you like from that. Smart people do not waste their time on someone like yourself, and I choose not to anymore, good day.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
Any time we get a new individual here they will be questioned about their background. Especially if they are making claims that go against common knowledge. If you refuse to answer the questions directed to you then you will not be taken seriously. If you keep spreading ignorance and dangerous information you will not be allowed to post here.

You still have not answered two questions. Not that the one question you did answere was that impressive.

How old are you and who is your teacher?

[/QUOTE]

#114122 - 03/07/05 11:20 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

In other words your training is a fabrication so you can't answer three simple questions.

What style do you teach?
How old are you?
Who is/was your instructor?

How is that looking for dirt? I ask everyone’s for background. I know Mr. Mahan and CXT know what they are talking about and guess what, we disagree sometimes. Several people here disagree with me and if they present their side with some kind of verifiable proof all is good. If someone says they are right just because they say so then i have to raise a flag.

If you have nothing to hide you will answer the questions.

#114123 - 03/07/05 11:27 AM Re: Teaching Yourself
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uh huh, then by that logic if I do not want to talk about melons then I must be a melon. Your logic is, well flawed, Drawing conclusions based upon a relative viewpoint is gonna get you into trouble.
No, I didn't answer, you can draw what inferences you like. HOwever keep in mind that youe conclusion, drawn upon your relative viewpoint, speaks more to your biases then to mine, which are to assume everyone else who doesn't want to talk to you because they don't like the way you ask a question, or your motives, is a fraud, except you of course. Take care.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
In other words your training is a fabrication so you can't answer three simple questions.

What style do you teach?
How old are you?
Who is/was your instructor?

How is that looking for dirt? I ask everyone’s for background. I know Mr. Mahan and CXT know what they are talking about and guess what, we disagree sometimes. Several people here disagree with me and if they present their side with some kind of verifiable proof all is good. If someone says they are right just because they say so then i have to raise a flag.

If you have nothing to hide you will answer the questions.
[/QUOTE]

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Charles Mahan, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga