FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TomRosenberg, jessylin, play, Keith_G, LeroyCFischer
22937 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jwwmantis 2
Zombie Zero 1
harlan 1
Beefcake 1
LeroyCFischer 1
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
New Topics
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
2015 Master Yang Jwing-Ming Seminar
by jwwmantis
12/05/14 10:36 PM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by
12/27/06 11:43 AM
Your true goal
by
03/03/06 07:16 AM
Recent Posts
Freeing Hand-Wing Chun's last movements
by futsaowingchun
Yesterday at 09:40 PM
Your true goal
by Beefcake
12/11/14 02:44 AM
The Beginners Guide To Stretching
by LeroyCFischer
12/04/14 02:07 AM
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
I gained a lot of month in the last few months
by simonajones111
11/19/14 04:54 AM
Forum Stats
22937 Members
36 Forums
35591 Topics
432526 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#112251 - 07/23/04 04:09 PM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Limbo
Go ahead and bring the beng quan to him Lane. I am enjoying the sh!t out of this since sojowbobo(means founder) isn't around to play with anymore.

I do kinda miss that twit in a sick sadistic sort of way. Or was it tw@t? />
With a heavy hand.

#112252 - 07/23/04 04:35 PM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

tew trained with dux when he was a kid and then became a black belt under bussey.

There is also the fact that Tew didn't just train with Dux as a kid. He was Dux's top black blet and a student of Roy Martina's when he went to TX to train with Bussey. So with only a shodan from Bussey and a first degree in hapkido being his only legitamate rank how is he teaching his own system? Dux certainly isn't teaching real ninjutsu. Tew is not teaching real ninjutsu. Here is a quote from one of Tew's own students about something that happened at the Bussey kamp:

But, it still doesn't change the fact that a guy who didn't know a single legitimate martial art, (except Dr. Roy Martina's system of combat, Tjakai Martial Science Systems I believe, later on Rick earned a black belt in Hapkido as well,) beat a legitimate fighter from a different system. So it comes back around full circle.

Tew may have some skill, i never said he didn't, but he is not teaching ninjutsu.

#112253 - 07/23/04 05:01 PM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
Anonymous
Unregistered

i don't know where you got shodan from i think that was your assumption

#112254 - 07/23/04 05:11 PM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

It was implied by you that he received shodan from Bussey. If not shodan then what? Keep in mind my understanding is Bussey only received yondon in the bujinkan.

Here is the response from Mr. Severe. Note his take on Tew ryu ninjutsu.

"From what Hatsumi sensei has told me he has no fighting experience other than judo, boxing, kendo.. sparring.. but no fighting.. outside the dojo..
He studied koryu, boxing, soccer, kendo, judo and aikido.. but everyone knows this.. before he got with Takamatsu sensei.
This is what I was told by him... personally.
Thanks for the question..
But Tew ninjutsu..
Well..
What ranking does he have in any traditional ninjutsu system.. and it has to really be Togakure ryu ninpo taijutsu..
If not. well most likely a fake.
But that's my opinion.
ralph"

Another that doesn't believe Tew ryu is ninjutsu.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 07-23-2004).]

Scott we really need a spell check on here,

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 07-23-2004).]

#112255 - 07/24/04 08:56 AM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright, let's keep this simple, I have a life outside of the internet so instead of taking cracks at you, or your style, or going back and forth with you a million times for the next six weeks about how I think Rick's system is great and you think it's horrible, I'm just going to do this. All arguments aside unless you are a great master of the martial arts and are world famous; you really shouldn't be directing people who don't know a great deal about martial arts. Leave it up to them. Here are a couple links to some short clips, let people who are looking for answers choose themselves which is more realistic, better, whatever. Martial Arts tends to be a lot like religion, you get a lot of people whining about what they think are significant points and differences and why they are right, but in the end it doesn't really accomplish anything does it? A hundred years from now no one is going to care, ultimately you can become a good fighter in whatever style you choose, and itís more an individual thing than the teacher or the style itself. A note though you could be nicer to the people who debate you, when you start slinging insults at people it makes you look less intelligent, like you are scrambling for something to say. People often receive better when you haven't caused them to close off by throwing out what you think is a snappy come back. Might help you get less angry retorts in any other debates you may get yourself into. Ultimately that's up to you though, just like the decision of what style to take is up to the person who is deciding to take one, not those of us who have developed bias towards our own styles.

Hatsumi: http://www.winjutsu.com/source/source_video/hatsumi05.mov

Rick Tew: http://www.totalwarrior.com/Video_Galler..._punches_a.html

Check them out for yourselves. I hope this brings a little peace to this thread.

[This message has been edited by kai (edited 07-24-2004).]

#112256 - 07/24/04 09:39 AM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

All arguments aside unless you are a great master of the martial arts and are world famous; you really shouldn't be directing people who don't know a great deal about martial arts.

What does being a master and world fame have o do with advise based on personal experience.

Leave it up to them.

It is up to them. I never said they had to go with these styles. I only made suggestions based on my opinion and that of others I know, some of whom are masters.

Here are a couple links to some short clips, let people who are looking for answers choose themselves which is more realistic, better, whatever.

That's funny. Your trying to put Hatsumi's system in a bad light by showing some pressure point techniques compared to Tew's punch defense. The clip of Hatsumi is of more advanced techniques that these guys aren't going to see in the beginning. If you are going to show clips for comparison at least show clips of similar subject matter.

Martial Arts tends to be a lot like religion, you get a lot of people whining about what they think are significant points and differences and why they are right, but in the end it doesn't really accomplish anything does it? A hundred years from now no one is going to care,

What is significant is the fact that there are people claiming to teach something they are not. Tew's system is not ninjutsu, he only calls it that to get students.

ultimately you can become a good fighter in whatever style you choose, and itís more an individual thing than the teacher or the style itself.

This is true and false. If you follow one instructor that is teaching poor techniques you will not develop the skills to be a good fighter unless you cross train with someone else.

A note though you could be nicer to the people who debate you,

I have been nice. Eman came in with the insults. Anyone who responds with a level head will get the same in return. Any one responding with poor grammar, insults and lies will be responded to in a less civil manner.

It's simple if you talk to most people with any knowledge of ninjutsu they will tell you Tew's system is not ninjutsu. You talk to most people involved with kenjutsu/iaido and they will tell you Tew's sword techniques are laughable and dangerous. If Tew hasn't had extensive training in Togakure ryu ninpo taijutsu, his system is not ninjutsu. I have never said Tew has no skill but only that the techniques he shows on his site and the ones I have seen in person are flashy and ineffective. Like I said, if you like Tew ryu then good for you. If you want legitimate ninjutsu, go elsewhere. Again, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

#112257 - 07/26/04 11:29 AM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
Anonymous
Unregistered

so glad you are worried about our feelings.

you seem to know alot about the ninjutsu arts for someone who said/implied that he is not a ninjutsu practicioner.

i have to agree with kai on this that in a hundred years no one will care. so why can't we agree to disagree and admit that i have made no false claims about myself or my sensei?

i really don't know what art you study, if you do at all, but you are in no way related to hatsumi's art or tew's. so all you have is your opinion on subject matter that you have no experience practicing.

i'm not worried about your feelings so i won't apologize. (if you get offended with what someone says on the net then you have problems)

if tew learned from bussey and became higher than a shodan... and was given permission by bussey to teach and go off on his own then why do you have a problem with it? i see no reason that tew should have to proclaim to the world that he doesn't teach ninjutsu because that is the art he studied.

it would be the same if tew sensei or even hatsumi told gave me permission to go off and teach his style and then told me that i couldn't use his name. thats weird. so the genbukan, jenikan, hayes, and bussey can never teach anyone ninjutsu. sounds really weird to me.

i guess those are you opinions though and you are an apparent authority on the subject at hand.

#112258 - 07/26/04 02:29 PM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
laf7773 Offline
Professional Poster

you seem to know alot about the ninjutsu arts for someone who said/implied that he is not a ninjutsu practicioner.

What's wrong with educating your self on different arts? I am not a current practitioner but I have trained with people from both systems.

i have to agree with kai on this that in a hundred years no one will care.

Then why do you keep coming back?

so why can't we agree to disagree and admit that i have made no false claims about myself or my sensei?

With the exception of your comment about Mr. Severe telling you personally about Hatsumi. Reading something on a forum or web site doesn't mean he told YOU anything. He doesn't seem to recall you or Tew ryu for that matter. This wasn't a discussion of your claims. This is about the fact that Tew isn't teaching ninjutsu, regardless of how much you want to believe it.

i really don't know what art you study, if you do at all, but you are in no way related to hatsumi's art or tew's.

Only through friends.

so all you have is your opinion on subject matter that you have no experience practicing.

I have trained with both, I do have first hand knowledge to base my opinions on.

i'm not worried about your feelings so i won't apologize. (if you get offended with what someone says on the net then you have problems)

Obviously you have been offended and have taken this personally even though nothing was directed at you. You joined this forum for the sole purpose of disputing what I have said. You have not posted in any other forum area or thread for that matter. You came into the thread with personal attacks against me when all I have done is criticize Tew for calling his system something it's not. He is a talented martial artist but in my opinion and that of many others (the majority of the ninjutsu community) not versed well enough in ninjutsu to found his own system of ninjutsu. This system is nothing more than another MMA.

if tew learned from bussey and became higher than a shodan... and was given permission by bussey to teach and go off on his own then why do you have a problem with it?

Last I heard Bussey was only given permission to teach, not promote other teachers, at least not under bujinkan. You have yet to say what rank Tew did achieve under Bussey. Let's look at this though. Your saying Tew can teach ninjutsu because he was taught by Bussey. Bussey was taught by Hatsumi, but Tew's system looks nothing like bujinkan. Looks more like a mix of tae kwon do and jujutsu. Nothing wrong with that but don't call it ninjutsu because you've had limited training in ninjutsu.

it would be the same if tew sensei or even hatsumi told gave me permission to go off and teach his style and then told me that i couldn't use his name.

This isn't the case at hand.

so the genbukan, jenikan, hayes, and bussey can never teach anyone ninjutsu.

All the people/organizations you mention have one thing in common. Permission to teach. All but Bussey are permitted to promote teachers. The only ones above that have received full transmission of the system is Tanemura/Genbukan and Unsui/Jinenkan. There are others that have received full transmission but these are the only two to go off under a different name. Hayes can full well use the name ninjutsu in his system due to his judan rank. Bussey was a shidoshi-ho having authority to teach only, not promote teachers in ninjutsu. If it makes you feel any better Iíve seen plenty of discussion criticizing Bussey for his American Ninjutsu.

My opinion of Tew's system is just that. I only gave my suggestion as to who to turn to for legitimate ninjutsu. Most of my criticism was directed at Dux to begin with.

Enjoy your dreams.

#112259 - 07/26/04 03:17 PM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
Anonymous
Unregistered

enjoy your dreams

thanks for your permission. lol!

i do agree that your post was mostly aimed at tearing down dux, and all i was trying to say was that you associate tew with only dux and that indeed is not the case. tew sensei did have 2 other instructors that can back there lineage.

re: bussey's rank... bussey took out dan systems in his style of ninjutsu and you can find that on his site www.robertbussey.com. so tew was given permission on his skill not his dan. sorry to bust your bubble.

i have no problem with you but i do have a problem with giving tew sensei a bad name.

mr severe doesn't know me by eman because when he mentioned that it was under another forum about hayes. i will not go into other forums because i'm not the type to be giving all types of links.

according to bussey's info he was not given rank in bujinkan but in fact togakure ryu. apart from that he also turned down 4 times the promotion to be the only representative of ninjutsu in america. (if i read it correctly) he turned it down because he didn't feel it was right for him.

about posting on other threads... well i do this at work and i don't have the time to be trying to find what post i want to post on. but i will try to get more involved now just for you.

#112260 - 07/26/04 03:49 PM Re: i want 2 no if ther is a style of nin jitsu
Kempoman Offline
Veteran

Loc: Houston, TX
[QUOTE]mr severe doesn't know me by eman because when he mentioned that it was under another forum about hayes. i will not go into other forums because i'm not the type to be giving all types of links.[/QUOTE]

Of course not, then it would be to easy to verify/falsify your story.

K

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Charles Mahan, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Fight Videos
Night club fight footage and street fights captured with the world's first bouncer spy cam

How to Matrix!
Learn ten times faster with new training method. Learn entire arts for as little as $10 per disk.

Self Defense
Stun guns, pepper spray, Mace and self defense products. Alarms for personal and home use.

TASER MC26C
Stop An Urban Gorilla: Get 2 FREE TASER M26C Replacement Air Cartridges With Each New TASER M26C!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga