FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 44 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ksusanc, kellypnik123, leyinn, Ron_Cooley, businns
22902 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 10
trevek 6
cxt 5
JKogas 5
TaekwonDoFan 2
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
New Topics
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/11/14 03:36 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Iaido movements speed
by TooNice
04/14/14 01:47 PM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
12/30/13 08:32 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Prizewriter
04/16/12 02:48 PM
Recent Posts
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:17 AM
centerline concepts
by Dobbersky
07/18/14 06:14 AM
language of syllabus
by trevek
07/14/14 04:50 PM
Gi or no Gi Grappling?
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:38 AM
MMA - A passing Fad
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:35 AM
Anderson Silva - Leg Break
by Dobbersky
07/09/14 06:13 AM
Throwing
by JKogas
07/03/14 07:40 PM
10 San Sik drills-Wing Chun's foundation
by futsaowingchun
06/30/14 11:20 AM
"Ip Man" and "Ip Man 2" the movies.
by TaekwonDoFan
06/30/14 11:02 AM
Forget all that health stuff
by TaekwonDoFan
06/29/14 03:18 AM
Forum Stats
22902 Members
36 Forums
35563 Topics
432446 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#110049 - 08/09/06 04:32 PM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: JoelM]
paradoxbox Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

You are a complete idiot.

Always nice to see our moderators enforcing and following the rules

Quote:

# Follow the forum rules.
# Trolling, profanity, personal attacks, and rude behavior will not be tolerated.

#110050 - 08/09/06 10:20 PM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: paradoxbox]
JoelM Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Georgia, USA
That was being nice. I can get rude if you want.

#110051 - 08/09/06 10:39 PM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: JoelM]
paradoxbox Offline
Enthusiast

I see. Well this place is certainly charming isn't it.

#110052 - 09/21/06 12:45 AM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: the504mikey]
ITFunity Offline
Professional Poster

1st of all, from what I remember, the law was passed as many were hurting themselves with the weapon. That is why NY passed the law. There is no exception for martial artists or if they are kept in your home. mere possession is against the law.

2nd, the Constitution does afford one the right to bear arms, but the High Court has upheld common sense limits, such as license requiements that many states have.

3rd, there would be noi federal case if a NY prosecutor did not file charges, unless possession is against a specific section of the US Title Code, which I do not know, but would guess it is not.

Most criminal laws in the States are set by the individual States. Federal law sonetimes overlaps, but they tend to be type specific ie, kidnapping across state lines, bank robbery, as banks are regulated/insured by the FDIC, counterfitting currency, as money is printed by the federasl government. Other federal crimes exist, as it is better handled by a national effort, ie terrorism.

#110053 - 10/31/08 09:47 PM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: HeadlessHorseman]
kempo223 Offline
Stranger

Quote:

You can't have nunchaku, even in your home, in New York, California and maybe a few other states in the US. It's the law! And in NY and CA you can do a year in prison for breaking that law, even if you say you were keeping the nunchaku in your home for "training purposes." The law was made by the People (a process called democracy). So no griping, OK? Law enforcement officers have a sworn duty to enforce the law, and you should be prepared to do hard time with the bad boys if you keep these dangerous weapons in your home for any reason. Don't like it? You have three options: hire a lobbyist, quit training with the 'chucks, or move!

My gripe is with freedom hating,anti constitutional communists like yourself; its people like you who need to get the hell out of MY country.My father along with the founding fathers of this country faught wars to secure the freedoms you pig scumbags take advantage of!You're a follower just like the rest of the masses or should I say cattle who bend down to kiss your masters asses.If its a police state you're looking for, you got one. So when the day martial law goes into effect which will be soon, and the men dressed in black clad outfits go from door to door and finally kicking down yours to rape and rob your family, I hope you are even happier then; providing you are against people having weapons in there home to defend themselves.You may want to take away freedoms from the mindless drones that can not think for themselves and follow like you, but you not going to TREAD ON ME!!!!NO WAY, NOT EVER!!!You liberal scumbags are not going to turn MY country into Stalinist Russia with your freedom hating rhetoric, so keep obeying your tyrannical, police state laws, mindless drone.

#110054 - 10/31/08 11:03 PM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: kempo223]
dandjurdjevic Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Australia
In my State of Western Australia you can have a nunchaku if you can prove that you have it for a lawful purpose such as martial arts training.

Importantly, self-defence is not itself a "lawful purpose". In other words if the cops come to your house and find a nunchaku and ask you why you have it and you answer "I need it for protection" you'll be charged. If you say "I go to kobudo classes - here's my gi" you'll should be okay...

While you can sell and buy nunchaku, the Feral Garment (Federal Government) has banned importation, so we have to manufacture our nunchaku locally.

#110055 - 11/03/08 03:50 AM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: kempo223]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
Quote:

Quote:

You can't have nunchaku, even in your home, in New York, California and maybe a few other states in the US. It's the law! And in NY and CA you can do a year in prison for breaking that law, even if you say you were keeping the nunchaku in your home for "training purposes." The law was made by the People (a process called democracy). So no griping, OK? Law enforcement officers have a sworn duty to enforce the law, and you should be prepared to do hard time with the bad boys if you keep these dangerous weapons in your home for any reason. Don't like it? You have three options: hire a lobbyist, quit training with the 'chucks, or move!

My gripe is with freedom hating,anti constitutional communists like yourself; its people like you who need to get the hell out of MY country.My father along with the founding fathers of this country faught wars to secure the freedoms you pig scumbags take advantage of!You're a follower just like the rest of the masses or should I say cattle who bend down to kiss your masters asses.If its a police state you're looking for, you got one. So when the day martial law goes into effect which will be soon, and the men dressed in black clad outfits go from door to door and finally kicking down yours to rape and rob your family, I hope you are even happier then; providing you are against people having weapons in there home to defend themselves.You may want to take away freedoms from the mindless drones that can not think for themselves and follow like you, but you not going to TREAD ON ME!!!!NO WAY, NOT EVER!!!You liberal scumbags are not going to turn MY country into Stalinist Russia with your freedom hating rhetoric, so keep obeying your tyrannical, police state laws, mindless drone.

Most hateful post of the year!!!

#110056 - 11/05/08 04:18 PM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: BrianS]
trevek Offline
Professional Poster

Loc: Poland
If you guys think things are bad in US, in UK (at least until recently) you weren't even allowed to see Bruce Lee using his chucks at the cinema.

When Enter the Dragon celebrated its 25th anniversary the cinema near me advertised the uncut version. On the day it was due to show they aplogised and said they'd have to show the BBFC cut version (where you don't even see the chucks) as the uncut wasn't legal to show.

Supporting everyone saying "nuts to cancer"

#110057 - 11/06/08 03:07 AM Re: Nunchaku illegal in your home? [Re: trevek]
BrianS Offline
Higher rank than you
Professional Poster

Loc: Northwest Arkansas
That's just communist!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Cord, Fletch1, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Stun Guns
Variety of stun gun devices for your protection

Buy Pepper Spray
Worry about your family when you’re not around? Visit us today to protect everything you value.

Koryu.com
Accurate information on the ancient martial traditions of the Japanese samurai

C2 Taser
Protect yourself and loved ones from CRIME with the latest C2 Taser citizen model. Very effective.

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga