FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mohdnabeel, sunny, swordy, jerrybarry24, SenseiGregT
22915 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Ed_Morris 4
AndyLA 3
Zombie Zero 2
Matakiant 2
futsaowingchun 2
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
New Topics
STX Kickboxing Seminar
by Marcus Charles
09/09/14 06:57 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
mindfullness meditation
by
01/06/09 11:27 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by
05/13/07 08:02 AM
Eugue Ryu
by
03/27/07 12:06 AM
Recent Posts
attacked from behind
by AndyLA
Yesterday at 09:05 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Matakiant
09/18/14 07:11 AM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
09/18/14 06:07 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Zombie Zero
09/16/14 04:43 PM
Eugue Ryu
by kolslaw
09/12/14 03:35 PM
Biu Tzu- 1st section applications
by futsaowingchun
09/05/14 10:56 PM
2014 World Championships Chelyabinsk: The Gallery
by ergees
09/01/14 03:51 AM
mindfullness meditation
by log1call
08/31/14 09:43 PM
Biu Tzu- Snake hand strike
by futsaowingchun
08/27/14 09:02 PM
Forum Stats
22915 Members
36 Forums
35575 Topics
432495 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#109259 - 07/11/04 07:45 PM Ninja&Samurai
Anonymous
Unregistered

As most of us know Samurai were the most powerful warriors in fuedal Japan.But,we also hear alot about mysterious warriors called ninja.....but who were they?,where did they come from?,what was their purpose?.I am preparing to take a ninjutsu class and would like to know more about the warriors of which i am fighting after. If anyone has information on ninja and their purpose in Japan please post it.

#109260 - 07/12/04 10:23 PM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Anonymous
Unregistered

The ninja were used as assasins and spies in fuedal age Japan. They were kinda like the opposites of Samurai because they did not fight by any codes like the Samurai did...they did wat it took to get the job done. They used many weapons and used stealth as a major weapon.
Ninjitsu today is a very good art to learn, but it all kinda depends on the teacher u have

#109261 - 07/13/04 04:34 PM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, but if anyone has anymore in-depth info on ninja please post it. The teacher i am goinmg to have is a shidoshi and tavels to Japan twice every year to train in ninujutsu and battojutsu.

thanks

#109262 - 07/14/04 04:25 AM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Tom2199 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: England
ninjas were poor farmers who needed to defend themselves from the samurai and such - so they refined many of they farming tools into weapons and created a secret style;
samurais used to shout loudly before raiding someones house the ninja were sly and would sneak in and eliminate the enemy by any means possible
have a look on the internet there is plenty of stuff regarding japan and its history

#109263 - 07/14/04 05:46 PM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Telepath Offline

Loc: miami, Florida
lol wow no offense but samurai-sk6, your kinda off........from the lastest research it is known that the ninja were originally very religous mountian people.. they first learned to live with nature and became shinto people.. after that they created ninpo using the modern day bujutsu... but most of the ninja were not assasins or the enemy of samurai.. most were just religous mountain people.. their were only a scarce amount that sold themselves to the government as spies.. they did do it and they were very good at it because of their guerilla warefare type strategies..

see the samurai beleived in "honorable" one on one fights.. the ninja did what they needed to get out... they didn't want to fight the samurai.. they would be spying to gain intellegence or to assasinate someone .. after their main objective was complete they wanted to get the heck out of their.. so they used methods of doing that incase they got spoted...thus gorilla warefare was born

[This message has been edited by Telepath (edited 07-14-2004).]

#109264 - 08/07/04 04:42 PM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Anonymous
Unregistered

actually ninja did have codes to follow, and were often employed as strategists by daimyo. they were also supposed to be loyal.
they're techniques were passed on from generation to generation of family as well, as they did not use dojos until mor emodern times i believe.

i could list 100x more but i am feeling lazy from trying to perfect a move i just learned yesterday- the impracticle flying spinning back kick!

#109265 - 08/10/04 11:49 AM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Anonymous
Unregistered

ninjas were poor farmers who needed to defend themselves from the samurai and such - so they refined many of they farming tools into weapons and created a secret style

Hmmm...I think you have this confused with the development of Kobudo in the Okinawan Martial Arts.

Actually the Ninja are classified in several ways. Believe it or not but some of them also came from a class of Samurai called Ronin, or Masterless Samurai. It is true that the Shoguns often used the skills of the ninjutsu practitioners to implement their plans, but it is also true that Ninja were actually peace loving mountain people.

So much to learn here...love the forum.

[This message has been edited by aikitesensei (edited 08-10-2004).]

#109266 - 08/15/04 03:15 PM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Anonymous
Unregistered

The ninja have totally been exxhaterated over the years. They weren't ALL about hiding in the shadows and spying on people and stuff. I mean, yes, that was a big part, but it wasn't everything. Like said, they would be taken from the peasent class and hired by Daimyo in exchange for housing and feeding their families. Of course, ninjas could lead a double life and bring it with them to the grave. I have heard many unbelieveable stories of ninja who hadn't told a single soul their entire life. Ninja who got married for 40 years merely to get closer to some kind of information that they needed to give to whoever was hiring them. I mean, being able to fake that kind of thing for 40 years is pretty unbelievable. But these days everyone thinks you can just wear all black and run around with a sword and hide in trees, making you a ninja or some kind of ninjitsu master. Ninjitsu was a martial art, yes? It's not some kind of mondo spying system, it's a martial art, and being ninjitsu practitioners isn't what made the ninja what they were... you know, ninja! It was just their preferred martial art. So like I said, knowing ninjitsu isn't what made them ninja, it was just the techniques they used. And you can't forget all the different ninja clans and... yeah, I'm just rambling by this point.

[This message has been edited by Kyosuke (edited 08-15-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Kyosuke (edited 08-15-2004).]

#109267 - 11/04/04 05:34 PM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmm a form of Ninjutsu started in the forests of Northern China Known at that time as the forest demon or Lin Kuei chuan. They known as the clan of vagabonds migrated to japan were many of their practices influenced and resulted in the creation of ninpo. The ninja were spies thats true,but what is also true is most of them were oppressed farmers and peasent families. Ninjutsu is composed of a collection of skills 18 samurai and 18 ninja. Ninja did not wear black people got that from theater. Their art is composed of 5 elements taught in Taijutsu and extensive weapons training and stealth methods called shinobi ire/jutsu. The Ninja did assassinate but the ninja were not cold blooded killers they simply adopted guerilla warfare and sharpened it to a deadly skill. The Ninja did have a code of honor sometimes their codes were even more rigid the samurai. On Ninjutsu clans the reason there were different clans was because each specialized in a unique skill such as: Fuma Ryu was known for its suiren water tactics The Oni clan was known for hand to hand skills and the Kouka was known for its stealth the togakure was known most for its extensive weapons skills. the fuma and kouka(koga) were most influenced by Lin Kuei methods.

#109268 - 11/11/04 05:04 PM Re: Ninja&Samurai
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok, i dont know a whole lot but i do know that ninjas weren't usually assassins, they were spies. a shinobi is a certain type or branch of ninja that specialized in assassination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Ryukyu Art
Artifacts from the Ryukyu Kingdom missing since WWII. Visit www.ShisaLion.Org to view pictures

Best Stun Guns
Self Defense Products-stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and more

Surveillance 4U
Complete surveillance systems for covert operations or secure installation security

Asylum Images
Book presents photo tour of the Trans-Allegany Lunatic Asylum. A must if you're going to take a ghost tour!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga