FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bartfast, ZapEm, AndyLA, danacohenn, ksusanc
22906 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Dobbersky 8
AndyLA 5
futsaowingchun 4
ergees 2
VDJ 2
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
New Topics
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
An open letter to bunkai researchers...
by Bartfast
08/05/14 04:18 PM
Applied center line theory
by futsaowingchun
07/28/14 08:55 AM
centerline concepts
by futsaowingchun
07/14/14 10:49 PM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by Dobbersky
07/10/14 07:14 AM
Recent Posts
Chum Kiu 2nd section applications
by futsaowingchun
08/20/14 09:54 PM
2013 World Championship Rio: The Gallery (HD)
by ergees
08/19/14 05:22 AM
ITF TaeKwonDo or Shotokan Karate????
by VDJ
08/15/14 05:46 PM
Chi Sao demonstration
by futsaowingchun
08/14/14 10:57 PM
The Karate punch
by Dobbersky
08/12/14 05:14 AM
** Introduce Yourself! **
by Dobbersky
08/11/14 05:03 AM
Decent Fight channel
by FrankyFruits
08/07/14 09:19 PM
2014 European Championships Cadets Athens: Videos
by ergees
08/07/14 10:00 AM
Life goes on....
by Dobbersky
08/07/14 05:59 AM
A post for those who might become martial artists.
by AndyLA
08/06/14 07:25 AM
Forum Stats
22906 Members
36 Forums
35571 Topics
432473 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Topic Options
#109104 - 03/08/05 08:56 PM bridging meridian points
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi New to this forum, have read all the past posts, great forum as well as site.

The question I have is , there is a few meridians in the arms , are the hit , strike ,rub points, that are used on the same meridians, crossed from one to the other

Thanks ED

#109105 - 03/09/05 12:28 AM Re: bridging meridian points
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you re-word the question? I am not sure what you mean and it could be answered a couple of different ways depending on what you mean.

A couple of points (no pun intended)...

Hit and strike would be the same thing...unless you mean something different in your use of them.

Also, rub is not the best word to use as some folks here take umbrage to the use of the term as they seem to think that it implies something gentle and ineffective. Vibration is probably a better term...or even vigorous vibration.

Here is an analogy for the strike (or hit if you like) vs. vibration...bend either arm so that you can easily reach your elbow with the opposite side hand. Now, grab a big chunk of the skin on the elbow and pinch it like crazy (and yes...if you are reading this, I really want you to do that). See? No pain. Now, do the same to the inner part of your thigh...or your lip. See? A little bit of pressure and it hurts way more than the elbow. The simple reason why is when it comes to the elbow, there is a lack of mechanical nociceptors as compared to the lip or the inner thigh. Same stimuli (actually less stimuli when it comes to the inner thigh or the lip, but of the same type) and drastically different results. The same is true of vital points...it takes different types of stimuli at different areas to get the desired result.

I don't know if that goes towards answering your question...it's late...but if you will re-word the question, I'll take another shot at it.

#109106 - 03/09/05 10:10 PM Re: bridging meridian points
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
Can you re-word the question? I am not sure what you mean and it could be answered a couple of different ways depending on what you mean.

A couple of points (no pun intended)...

Hit and strike would be the same thing...unless you mean something different in your use of them.

Also, rub is not the best word to use as some folks here take umbrage to the use of the term as they seem to think that it implies something gentle and ineffective. Vibration is probably a better term...or even vigorous vibration.

Here is an analogy for the strike (or hit if you like) vs. vibration...bend either arm so that you can easily reach your elbow with the opposite side hand. Now, grab a big chunk of the skin on the elbow and pinch it like crazy (and yes...if you are reading this, I really want you to do that). See? No pain. Now, do the same to the inner part of your thigh...or your lip. See? A little bit of pressure and it hurts way more than the elbow. The simple reason why is when it comes to the elbow, there is a lack of mechanical nociceptors as compared to the lip or the inner thigh. Same stimuli (actually less stimuli when it comes to the inner thigh or the lip, but of the same type) and drastically different results. The same is true of vital points...it takes different types of stimuli at different areas to get the desired result.

I don't know if that goes towards answering your question...it's late...but if you will re-word the question, I'll take another shot at it.

[/QUOTE]thanks for the reply, good reply

considering what i gave you to work with,was a little tired my self . I will re-word and re-post.

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga