FightingArts Estore
Pressure Points
From a medical professional, straight facts on where and how to hit that can save your life.
Stretching
Limber or not, anyone can add height and speed to their kicks with this method.
Calligraphy
For yourself or as a gift, calligraphy is special, unique and lasting.
Karate Uniforms
Look your best. Max snap. low cost & superior crafted: “Peak Performance Gold” 16 oz uniforms.

MOTOBU
Classic book translation. Hard to find. Not in stores.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Beefcake, WesJones, simonajones111, BUJU, Pilsungkarate
22931 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
charlie 2
futsaowingchun 2
GojuRyuboy13 1
harlan 1
Matakiant 1
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
New Topics
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/30/13 07:41 AM
Where Are They Now?
by Dobbersky
05/30/13 08:08 AM
MA style video library
by
03/22/06 03:18 PM
Recent Posts
unrecognized kata
by William_Bent
11/19/14 07:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-3rd section applications
by futsaowingchun
11/13/14 06:48 PM
Screen fighting course UK December 2014
by charlie
11/11/14 04:09 PM
MA style video library
by charlie
11/11/14 04:05 PM
Siu Lin Tao-1st section Pak Sao explanations
by futsaowingchun
11/09/14 10:30 PM
The Karate punch
by Matakiant
10/29/14 10:01 PM
I spy kata bunkai..
by GojuRyuboy13
10/29/14 08:28 AM
Judo 2014 World Championships Juniors: The Gallery
by ergees
10/25/14 04:53 PM
Forum Stats
22931 Members
36 Forums
35588 Topics
432519 Posts

Max Online: 424 @ 09/24/13 10:38 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#108924 - 01/08/05 08:10 AM acupuncture charts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi
I was studying the english translation of the bubushi. I was wandering if someone know somewhere I can get a chart of acupuncture points or of vital and or non vital points. Plz it would help me understand it more.

#108925 - 01/09/05 10:30 AM Re: acupuncture charts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some good sights with charts:
http://www.yinyanghouse.com/index.html http://www.acuxo.com/index.asp

Hopefully these are helpful.

[This message has been edited by Kuma (edited 01-09-2005).]

#108926 - 01/09/05 04:00 PM Re: acupuncture charts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here are some additional links for pressure point charts and/or resources

1. http://www.k2labs.org/kungfusion/martial/kempo/points/points.htm

2. Red Wing Books (not sure of the url)

3. Qpuncture.com (you can also find a distributor at learnpressurepoints.com which has the software at substantial savings)

Hope this helps!

Peace!

FB

#108927 - 01/10/05 04:01 PM Re: acupuncture charts
Anonymous
Unregistered

NO accu chart corresponds exactly to martial "vital points"; only vaguely. So the BEST source of depicted kyusho jutsu vital points would be somewhere like AWMA (Asian World Of Martial Arts) where I got 2 MEGA charts of attackable points of the human body. 2 of the SAME chart together were $5 bux! Needless to say, important as vital points are THEY ARE NOT THE END ALL AND BE ALL OF DEFENSIVE ARTS.

#108928 - 01/11/05 08:24 AM Re: acupuncture charts
kempocos Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: flemington,nj,usa
Since reading the Bubishi sparked your interest, check out www.combatkyusho.com Rand wrote a great book where he did research on the vital points spelled out in the BUBISHI both translations Alexander and McCarthy. The book is called " the western bubishi there are some good articles at the site as well.

#108929 - 01/11/05 09:28 AM Re: acupuncture charts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where I found the english translation of the bubushi the guy also talked about those 2 translation by mcarthy and alexander. oh one more thing can smeone explain to me this chart
www.funkydragon.com/bushi/bubushi4.html
it gives some pp but some are wierd they say to hit at bl60( wich is situated behind the ankle) and u can kill the person but bl60 is not one of the 36 vital points so i jsut need someone to explain to me this chart including the time and everything in the chart.

[This message has been edited by inchrist (edited 01-11-2005).]

#108930 - 01/11/05 03:54 PM Re: acupuncture charts
kempocos Offline
Enthusiast

Vital points and Pressure points are not the same. There is a lot more than what is covered in the Bubishi. Some feel that the Bubishi was someones training journal and not a text for karate in general as others believe.

#108931 - 01/12/05 08:41 AM Re: acupuncture charts
Anonymous
Unregistered

rimrag-alpha:

Actually, for those of use that base our usage of vital points on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), then the acupuncture charts correspond exactly to the same points that we use martially...they are the same points. The only thing where a difference in location would come into play in this case is the location based on kun from an anatomical reference point...not everyone is the same, but close enough in most cases for government work.

#108932 - 01/12/05 08:49 AM Re: acupuncture charts
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kempocos:

In regards to your two posts above...

Rand's book is good, I agree. But, it is not one that I would recommend to someone just trying to figure all of this out. I would recommend the DSI's little green reference book as it is cheap in price and gives you the since down and dirty. I really think you need a foundation such as that to attack something like Rand's book.

With all due respect, to YOU vital points and pressure points are not the same thing. We have been down this road before without much of a response from you (or did you respond and I missed it?). Yes, there is alot more than what is covered in the Bubishi. And if you read McCarthy's Bubishi translation then you get alot more than what is actually in the Bubishi. Be that as it may, it still does not change the fact that your opinion of vital points vs. pressure points is just that...your opinion. I think that stating it in the way that you do can be quite confusing to some folks as they are trying to educate themselves. Know what I mean?

#108933 - 01/12/05 01:18 PM Re: acupuncture charts
kempocos Offline
Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by meijin:
Kempocos:

In regards to your two posts above...

Rand's book is good, I agree. But, it is not one that I would recommend to someone just trying to figure all of this out. I would recommend the DSI's little green reference book as it is cheap in price and gives you the since down and dirty. I really think you need a foundation such as that to attack something like Rand's book.

With all due respect, to YOU vital points and pressure points are not the same thing. We have been down this road before without much of a response from you (or did you respond and I missed it?). Yes, there is alot more than what is covered in the Bubishi. And if you read McCarthy's Bubishi translation then you get alot more than what is actually in the Bubishi. Be that as it may, it still does not change the fact that your opinion of vital points vs. pressure points is just that...your opinion. I think that stating it in the way that you do can be quite confusing to some folks as they are trying to educate themselves. Know what I mean?
[/QUOTE]

I agree to start the little green book is a great place to start. I also feel things like the body alarm reation stuff in Rands book is good at any point in training.

So you are saying that Vital Points and Pressure points are the same thing. That there is no differance in the two.
Yes we have been down this road and perhaps you did not keep up to see the replies. But does that mean YOUR opinion is the prevailing one. I have seen many threads and there seems to be those3 who feel they are the same and those who do not. I guess it comes down to your instructors path.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ames, Cord, MattJ, Reiki 

Action Ads
1.5 Million Plus Page Views
Monthly
Only $89
Details

Self Defense
Offering stun guns, pepper spray, tasers and other self defense products not available in stores.

Pepper Spray
Online distributor of self defense supplies like videos, stun guns, Tasers and more.

Spy Cameras
Surveillance, Hidden Cameras, Nanny Cams, Digital Recorders, Spy Equipment, Pocket DVR's and more

Stun Gun
Wholesale Directlhy to the Public! Stun gun and Taser Guns and personal protection products. Keep your loved ones at home safe!

Unbreakable Unbrella

krav maga